Geico, and/orOnline insurance quotes

/ Geico, and/orOnline insurance quotes #51  
I don't worry about regulations . I live i pretty much a rural area with no restrictions. I can build a house, barn, wire, plumb, etc,. without any inspections. So when you buy in these rural areas, buyer better know something about building codes, etc, or they may be in for a surprise later .
I installed a 55 gallon drum as a septic tank when I added a bathroom to my garage
Does sound like heaven...

Imagine being able to cut down a tree you planted or add on to the barn and just do it...

/ Geico, and/orOnline insurance quotes #52  
I don't worry about regulations . I live i pretty much a rural area with no restrictions. I can build a house, barn, wire, plumb, etc,. without any inspections. So when you buy in these rural areas, buyer better know something about building codes, etc, or they may be in for a surprise later .
I installed a 55 gallon drum as a septic tank when I added a bathroom to my garage
Very few regulations where I live either. No building permits or inspections required other than septic system which is a state regulation. Depending on where you want to build you might need a driveway permit...if it's a town road, essentially you ask the town road agent, and he'll give you the OK. If it's on a state highway state permits are needed.

The downside to this is someone can build on a class VI road or have a long driveway that emergency vehicles can't negotiate and find out no one will insure them.

/ Geico, and/orOnline insurance quotes #53  
My guess is the shift to the State Plan of last resort will continue to a point where the State has the bulk of the policies… just my opinion.

In California it’s called Fair Plan and earthquake is a separate line.
At the moment, despite the big fires, the Fair Plan is only at 350,000 policy holders.

I do know folks who had homes that were never permitted nor insured that are having, and likely will have, a tough time rebuilding. Not to mention that many of them moved there for the forests that won't be back in their lifetimes.

All the best,

Peter

/ Geico, and/orOnline insurance quotes #54  
The Santa Cruz fires are similar and help is available but the permit process is insurmountable for some... some of the places go back before permits and none have public utilities except ATT did run miles of copper back in the 80's to remote sites

The large redwoods by and large survived but everything else incinerated.

No cell and no over air tv... limited am radio the tradeoffs living 7 miles in from the nearest paved road deep in a redwood forest.

/ Geico, and/orOnline insurance quotes #55  
Very few regulations where I live either. No building permits or inspections required other than septic system which is a state regulation. Depending on where you want to build you might need a driveway permit...if it's a town road, essentially you ask the town road agent, and he'll give you the OK. If it's on a state highway state permits are needed.

The downside to this is someone can build on a class VI road or have a long driveway that emergency vehicles can't negotiate and find out no one will insure them.
well, the down side here is, I have a 3500 sq ft all brick home with 40 acres fenced, and there's a old mobile home across the road.
I still wouldn't change it for regulations though

/ Geico, and/orOnline insurance quotes #56  
My brother just bought a Genesis, never even heard of them before

That is the car Tiger Woods was driving when he had the very bad accident. Almost list his leg.

They were the sponsor of the Tournament —- The Genesis Classic.

/ Geico, and/orOnline insurance quotes #57  
That is the car Tiger Woods was driving when he had the very bad accident. Almost list his leg.

They were the sponsor of the Tournament —- The Genesis Classic.
Yeah, I guess it’s a high dollar Hyundai, not a bad looking vehicle, but not something I would ever buy

/ Geico, and/orOnline insurance quotes #58  
Carriers use drone and SAT images for review.
I just had an interesting discussion about utility companies using drones. My CA property cannot be seen from the street, so we have a high expectation of privacy. What if the util co flies its drone over with camera on looking at us?

btw State Farm just sent an insurance renewal notice. Premium last year was $3,400. This year $4,800.

/ Geico, and/orOnline insurance quotes #59  
I’m bracing but many are happy just to be renewed…

/ Geico, and/orOnline insurance quotes #60  
well, the down side here is, I have a 3500 sq ft all brick home with 40 acres fenced, and there's a old mobile home across the road.
I still wouldn't change it for regulations though
Not sure I'd call that a "downside". If you wanna live where there are few restrictions on what you can do on your own property you'd better be willing to accept that the same applies to your neighbors who may or may not share your views on aesthetics.
I just had an interesting discussion about utility companies using drones. My CA property cannot be seen from the street, so we have a high expectation of privacy. What if the util co flies its drone over with camera on looking at us?
What if? Someone could see your property using Google maps too. Chances are the utility company is only interested in inspecting their infrastructure not spying.