Getting rid of Moles/Voles

/ Getting rid of Moles/Voles #102  
This is the best trap I have found for moles:

215635.jpg

This is the best trap I have found for gophers:

410RIvaGVjL._SY300_.jpg

/ Getting rid of Moles/Voles #103  
Thanks for all the responses everyone. The moles in my yard in Maryland are the worst I've seen in 25 years. Some areas are nothing but tunnels, seems and entire 4x6' areas are raised. I picked up some TOMCAT mole killer worms.. They are ~6" long, look similar to a worm, and you push them into active tunnels or areas. Moles reportedly eat them and die. Let's hope so. Little Ba$tards.... Will report back in a few days.... thanks

/ Getting rid of Moles/Voles #104  
Thanks for all the responses everyone. The moles in my yard in Maryland are the worst I've seen in 25 years. Some areas are nothing but tunnels, seems and entire 4x6' areas are raised. I picked up some TOMCAT mole killer worms.. They are ~6" long, look similar to a worm, and you push them into active tunnels or areas. Moles reportedly eat them and die. Let's hope so. Little Ba$tards.... Will report back in a few days.... thanks

Try the GrubX to get rid of their food source. Its really effective.

/ Getting rid of Moles/Voles #105  
I've put Grubx down 2x this season... It generally works on my property, little effect this year.

/ Getting rid of Moles/Voles #106  
The most effective deterrent is eliminating their food source. We got rid of the grubs and the moles moved out. :D

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

I've heard that lots of times, but I've tried applying stuff that's supposed to get rid of the grubs; can't say for sure that I don't have any grubs, but sure should not have.

/ Getting rid of Moles/Voles #107  
This is the best trap I have found for moles:

View attachment 444751

This is the best trap I have found for gophers:

View attachment 444752

The Nash trap, the one you have pictured above for moles... is a pretty good trap. Only problem is they are expensive and EASY TO RUN OVER WITH YOUR MOWER [ as in destroy ]... Even if the idiot operator painted the aluminum frame with bright yellow paint. [ who ever he was.... :( ] :)

/ Getting rid of Moles/Voles #108  
Some mole experts say that moles generally would rather eat earthworms than grubs. But killing off any part of their food source may tend to make them want to relocate to your neighbors. Moles are like dandelions, if you neighbor has them... you will probably too.... You can drown them, like just about any mammal. But they can swim long distances underwater a lot better than you can. Some moles, actually eat small fish. Have fun....!!!!!!!!!!! [ from mole free Northern/Lower Michigan ] :)

/ Getting rid of Moles/Voles #109  
they can also plug the tunnel really quick. In the pnw, with all the rain, they are masters of keeping out flash floods...

/ Getting rid of Moles/Voles #110  
The Nash trap, the one you have pictured above for moles... is a pretty good trap. Only problem is they are expensive and EASY TO RUN OVER WITH YOUR MOWER [ as in destroy ]... Even if the idiot operator painted the aluminum frame with bright yellow paint. [ who ever he was.... :( ] :)

LOL! Sounds like something I would do!

I set a bucket over the trap so that a dog or some other critter doesn't get their nose in there and set it off. Though lately my wife has forgone the bucket and she ties pink flagging tape on the trap to make it easy to see if its been tripped.