Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,383  
Actually I was lucky...and that garage must be strong! I just had a few hours on it, and I literally was up in the rafters so quick...then I eased back out.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,384  
Can anyone guess what made these two big dents over a garage door?
Two hints:
1) it happened right after I got my J.Deere
2) I was suddenly looking up at the rafters

View attachment 747492
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
Can't see that so I can't comment

Oh, I can see it in the next post.
Looks like a ROPS.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,385  
Good evening all. 64ºF for the start, overcast, light breeze. .22 inch in rain gauge from last night's thunderstorms. Light wind day, overcast with periods of rain and thunderstorms, and high temp was 67ºF. Bike ride was only 1 lap due to rain about to start, wife anf I voted in runoff election, and after lunch had nap. About 2 inch in rain gauge and more on radar. No progress on boat no start.
Scaredy good to hear from you clean up always good :)
Randy(wag) good to hear signage taken care of hope more horses good thing.
Buppies good yo hear you are getting rain.
Roy so had anyone talked about a plan going forward to get corrected diagnosis?
Bill so about your get up and go MIA. Hope you get trailer as done as you can get it.
Roy hope you can get you medical issues sorted out and back to driving again.
Buppies glad to hear not floating away yet.
Thomas bury them.
Thomas glad you got surgery date.
Billy sorry about the chain issue. Good idea on the old wire basket to carry tool not in your bucket .
Don sorry about no rain, hope FireWise went well.
Dennis lot of rain, are you flooding ;)
Ken good to hear blower will work. Sorry about Memorial Day weekend. nice pics Pole was part of Signal system for MKT railroad, one pole near Boonville had 5 crossbars! Carp will be fertilizer.
Dennis nice pics
Phil amazing how rock reproduce and grow. Good to hear wife eye is fine. nice pic
PJ sounds like you have a lot of rain in forecast. Good to hear mowing is happening. Did hens listen, or ignore your talk?
Scaredy neat page turner
RNG thanks for warning have "forgotten" the unposted post before and recovery tools have taken a backwards step. Good luck replacing fitting.
Ted interesting question on dyslexic meteorologist :) Hope you can finish the privacy fence.
RNG thanks for link
David hope you had Internet, and dinner was good.
Bill good to hear progress on trailer. Any word on return of Z-turn?
Phil nice looking garden.
Thomas sounds like good day, hope driving forecast accurate. nice kitty pic
Drew good to here you have survived driving again :)
Fuddy guessed ROPS on the garage dents
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL Covid /son's FIL death /new(2) cancer surgeries not needed :) /cataract surgery, Roy /palpitations, /angina , Billy /wife fall, David(moss) /remodel /divorce, Buppies /3 new skin cancer spots and treatment, /wife head wound healing, / Bup and wife fever recovery and buppies's fall, Thomas/gout, /operation Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery/retirement, / passing out issues, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife's hospital stay, /torn bicep, Ken/tree fall injuries, / kids shot tragedy, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, /cataract surgery, /Sophie's hand infection, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /root canal work, /retirement plans / brother "alligallyitus" and improving, James /wife's fall and recovery, Drew /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,386  
Good early arvo. Overnight low of 2.5C and it's presently 16C, calm with a wee bit of rain. There was 0.8mm in the gauge this morning.

Very saddened to hear about the shooting in Texas this (my) morning. Prayers for the families of the wee ones and the Teacher.

Take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,387  
Horrible situation at a small town school here in Texas. I'm sad and angry. The 18 (edit) yo punk was social media posting crap prior to his crap. I hope they dig deep, and find out the root causes of why he did what he did. Prayers for those families and their community.

54°F and partly cloudy this morning, going up to 75° today. Rain and thunderstorms expected later tonight, some severe tomorrow, and lasting into Friday. Weather for the extended weekend looks good, though.

Wife got about half of the mowing done yesterday, and I finished it after work in the evening ... or, at least as much as I could mow. Still some wet areas in front of and behind the pond. I got most of the area in front with the push mower, but even some of that was puddled. May try to get some of the area in back after work this evening, as long as the rain holds off for a bit as forecast.

Only got two eggs yesterday. Had a stern talk with the hens.

LS, you may be the only one here who hasn't dumped something from your bucket. I dumped a 5 gallon bucket of hand tools and a chain into a burn pile once. No fun trying to fish a chain out of a bunch of limbs. At least it wasn't burning yet.
Hope those hens listen to you. We are down to just 2 hens a laying....there are 5 younguns about 3 months old now. 1 of the young ones had some issue, and the others attacked her. We tried to save her, but she didn't make it. Would have been blind as they pecked her eyes out.

Storms nearing Don and Caren's place. High winds up to 80mph possible. Has me worried.

Winding down things at work. Bringing home stash of stuff I've pigeon holed over the years. Anybody need a DC power supply that supplies variable set precision amps? I might try some ti-odizing later on.

My buddy needs a Rockwell hardness tester. Any of you have or know where a decent one might be for sale? He'll pay decent money for a good one.

Will be busy at new job. Already have homework. HR stuff.

Prayers for those in need or hurting, our country, and Ukraine.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #150,389  
60F and clear @ 23:30, high hit 75.6F today ... was absolutely beautiful here.

Made up some more plant labels first thing while having coffee this morning then watered the veggie seedlings.

Woman worked on weeding around the rhubarb and blueberries early, willl need to get those mulched tomorrow.

I got the long pieces of the 4 x 4's cut to proper length for the frame to hold the 55G drum in the Water Buffalo. Then I cut down the weeds along the electric fence with the string trimmer.

After that I went on to digging up all the hosta in that small planting bed next to the garage man door while The Woman made up some egg salad for lunch.

After lunch we split those hosta up and got them planted around the hawthorn behind the pumphouse:

IMG_1703 copy.jpg

And the redbud on the east side:

IMG_1704 copy.jpg

Will take them a while to fill in, but hopefully by fall they will have filled out some.

Still had four left so three of those got put in the east planting bed, and the fourth got put in at the corner of the second circle, where the heuchera and heucherella are planted next to the big rhododendron.

Will have a bunch of mulching to do tomorrow.

After that we ran down to Menards and picked up the Torx lag bolts I'll need to finish up the Water Buffalo and a couple of other items.

Swung by Kabab and Curry on the way back because that was what She was in the mood for. Honestly, I was too ... although their rendition of "mild" left me dripping with sweat ... :LOL:

After we got back I got about half the yard down here around the house mowed, will need to finish the rest of it up tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #150,390  
Same reason all shootings happen...mental illness. Guns don't shoot by themselves. We need mental hospitals.
Some acquaintance is blaming it on bullying so far.

I want to know if he played 1st person shooter videos, that, IMO desensitize people.

Last edited: