Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #151,601  
The ride back from Richmond worked out well, we avoided all the weather and had a smooth ride.
When I got home home, I saw that UPS had left me an 80lb trinket.
A 9” auger with rock teeth to go through the shale that we have everywhere.
View attachment 750155

View attachment 750156

It it works as well as it’s 6” sibling, I will be very happy.
I did not know they made them with rock teeth. I remember fighting with that shale many times! I don't miss it one bit! (No pun intended). What did that cost vs a regular bit?

/ Good morning!!!! #151,602  
72F and clear @ 23:00, HI 73F. Headed down to an overnight low of ... 73F ??? ... lol ...

High today hit 88.2F ... it was pretty rude with the humidity.

Nonetheless we were out in it pretty much all day long ... but taking it easy. That probably ain't gonna happen tomorrow ...

Got all the squash and pumpkin plants in pots moved out of the garage with the assistance of my intrepid helper. She brought them out to me and I arranged and watered. Still don't have a count on the individual types, but they are well enough organized that it should be easy to do.

After we finished that She alternated between working on planting Her flowers She picked up the other day and sitting in the shade in the garage and researching various plant stuff.

I repotted the 6 largest bell pepper plants and a similar number of tomato plants, topped off the soil in all the pots. For the ones I repotted I added some vermiculite to the soil so hopefully they'll retain water a little better:

IMG_1767 copy.jpg

Total of 14 tomato, 10 bell pepper, and 5 eggplant. Guessing that they are all probably good for another week or two in the containers they are in if they kept watered. The eggplant are still pretty small, hoping the hotter weather will get them to pop.

Then I started working on combining the soil from the pots where there was no germination of seeds back into the tote which still had some soil left in it.

Once I had that done I started planting more pumpkin seeds and got another 17 pumpkin seeds of various types planted. At that point I ran out of potting mix and it was getting dark anyways.

Got all of the Casper and Big Max pumpkin seeds planted, have another 2 Kentucky Field, 4 Mammoth Golds, and 14 Small Sugar pumpkin seeds still left to plant.

Still have more seeds for a two types of winter squash as well: 19 more Waltham Butternut and more 6 Buttercup.

Plus summer squash as well: 17 Yellow Crookneck, 4 Zucchini - since these have a much shorter time to maturity I'll hold off on starting any more for a few weeks.

Think I'm going to go plant some more cucumber seeds since only two of those survived.

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #151,603  
Productive day! The decision was made to put 2 raised beds out in the courtyard. So out to the shop I went..... not too bad in the shade, fan moved enough air to keep things cool. That and our high temp only hit 91°.

I was able to get the lumber cut for both boxes, but only got to assemble one.
I would have had enough metal for making the initial design for the strawberries, but these two are square 4'x4'. I need 1 more sheet so I'll pick that up tomorrow. Need to run some errands, so I'll just add another stop to the combined trip.

The weather guessers are predicting the start of the monsoon season on Friday. Temps are going to be in the mid to upper 80's through next week! Woohoo! No guarantee that we'll get rain, but I'll take those temps for sure!

Crazy weather across the nation! Fires, tornadoes, flooding, heat waves....
The flooding up in Yellowstone is sad. I wonder how long the park will be closed. Roads, bridges, and houses washed away. Rock slides throughout the park. Apparently the river is 14ft above flood stage.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,604  
Good evening all. 76ºF for the start, clear sky, breezy. Windy, sky go few thin high clouds later, and high temp was 94ºF, HI 99ºF. Bike ride to start, then mow front. Nap after lunch then town run for meds and groceries and dinner. Finished work project after dinner.
Scaredy It is your life. I used a flip phone till about 3 year ago, forced to change when we left AT&T, Verizon did not support a flip phone.
Ultra man that is a hard way to start the day.
RS glad you are not getting hit by that weather, hope Rich is doing ok.
Randy(wag) glad you had nice day.
Roy have your urinary issues abated?
Randy thanks for the links. Now 3 kids are orphans :(
Mike nice you are getting to work full time and work on projects midweek :)
Drew sorry about your dentist visit. Hope you had fun getting all green :)
Buppies sorry about the heat. I like the pics
Thomas hope trimmer walk did not bother chest or pace maker.
Billy sorry about the sweat soaking.
Ultra crime spree is not uniform nationwide, big cities have it worse than rural area, areas that have DA not prosecuting crime have it worse as well.
Ken another one covered in grass head to toe :)
RNG good to hear the fires near you have been put out quickly. Hope the rail project went well.
Drew hope weedeating not too hard on wrists, hope you had more fun mowing :)
PJ sorry about the potential new high temp record. We tried doing brats indoors but missed the smoke flavor. Scored some mesquite charcoal at grocery store :)
Buppies sounds like very nice rifle.
PJ sorry to hear about the increase activity in your area.
PJ hope you get to use the range.
Dennis hope Rich is ok, hope no damage from thunder storm.
Buppies, I like it.
Drew sorry to hear about jaw, I need to schedule dentist and you are not helping ;)
Randy that is some serious rain!
Ted sorry to hear wind has not calmed down yet. Hope you found something to do today .
David hope brownie turned out, and you took full advantage of indoor day.
PJ what a gruesome crime!!
RS long day yesterday, hope today was as productive with few hours.
Paul hope we were able to dodge the weather going home.
Chris outdoor shower most appealing after hot day on the bike :)
Drew good question about toes and who know what else.
Kyle awesome.
Thomas sounds like good day overall, At least it was not your boo boo.
RS A lot of people without power. no basements here.
Doug nice job on the plane, hope maiden flight goes well.
Paul nice new tool.
Doug 4 stole running on premix ?? neat little spark plug. does the premix foul plugs like on 2 strokes?
Dennis congrats on getting Starlink, and it it is up and walking.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL Covid /son's heart issues, Roy /palpitations, /angina , Billy /wife fall, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /3 new skin cancer spots and treatment, /ultrasound of kidneys result /wife head wound healing, Thomas/gout, /operation and recovery, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery/retirement, / passing out issues, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife's hospital stay, /torn bicep, Ken /kids shot tragedy, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, /cataract surgery, /Sophie's hand infection, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /retirement plans / brother "alligallyitus" and improving, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, mass shooting victims and family, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,607  
Scaredy It is your life.
I'm good with that :) I would be replacing any other cell phone, every week, for the amount of times that I wipe out or need to catch myself

You guys make me look lazy today ... and I'm good with that too :)

Question - Does anyone know of any basic knee brace that straps on, and does not require being slipped over your foot first? I am using tensor bandages, but need to find something better. I struggle with socks, so the slip over ones won't be any easier.

I need to find the Flat Black spray paint that is somewhere in the garage, near the work bench. Access being the issue presently. I'll have a look tomorrow.

10 eggs in the incubator, 7 eggs under a broody hen

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #151,609  
2022-06-15, 0359

54° right now...high at 80 today...

/ Good morning!!!! #151,610  
good morning all
61 going up to high 80's today in sunshine

jaw is better this morning, thankfully.
Busy day, meeting at church this morning to review graveyard records, then relative from Hawaii coming for short visit
this afternoon. Stepsister, lives outside Oahu.
and sometime this afternoon my golf cart gets delivered.
I have a tape measure ready...

hope you all have a nice day.