Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,971  
74°F and partly cloudy this morning, going up to 97° today. There were some very angry red spots on the radar just to the east of us. Glad they missed us.

Need to get some grass mowed this week, but the weather doesn't seem interested in cooperating.

Happy (belated) BC Day, SC.

Happy Birthday, Ken.

Good morning, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,972  
Good Morning!!!! 75F @ 7:15AM. Sun and clouds mixed. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High near 100F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Yesterday was cloudy all day, with an occaissonal sprinkle thrown in, but not enough to show in the rain gauge. But plenty enough to get the dust to stick to the windshield. The string of 100F+ highs will stick around through the weekend, dropping back into the mid to high 90s for next week. Hot dog days.

Yesterday and the day before brought lightning to the mountains north of here, sparking several new wildfires. They join the McKinney Fire, which started back on the 29th, which has now grown past 56,000 acres. So far the smoke has been moving to the north and the air here is clear, and fortunately the prevailing winds in the 10-day will be out of the south.

Just the fuel for picking up the bike would run about $600. Add at least one night in a motel, almost 12 hours of mostly freeway driving each way, and wear and tear on the old truck and trailer, and it's hard to work up much enthusiam for such a trip. I made a similar trip to the Phoenix area back in about '02, and ended up having to replace a tire on the way back ($$$). Sell's opinions of their machine's condition often differs considerably from reality, at least in my experience.

I bought the big touring bike in Nevada, and had an anxious moment at the DMV when the inspector couldin't find a decal showing the air pollution controls. It was stuck to the back fender under the seat, and I suppose I'll have to do the same dance when it comes time to license this new-to-me one, too.

Got a text from the contractor early yesterday and he had the trench cut by noon. As usual the old trencher gave us some trouble with a dead battery and a hydraulic problem, but those were easily remedied. I got conduit burried in the part that crosses the driveway, so there's no hurry getting the rest put in and the wires pulled. But I'll get a good start on it this morning, knocking off when the heat gets here.

Spent the rest of the day at the allertist for the first of two rounds of testing. Over sixty little pricks, made me feel like an itchy human pin cushion. More fun on tap for next week.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #153,974  
67°F and .39 inches rain.

A stick around the house day. Granddaughter (16) supposed to be making dinner.

In person happy hour a welcome respite. Solved none of the world’s problems.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #153,975  
78F and cloudy @ 11:45, heading up to a high of around 84F for the day.

Just had a brief downpour, also had a thunderstorm roll through late last night. LWS is only reporting 0.02" since midnight though. Sure could use a bunch more ... but grateful we at least got some, since they were only calling for a slight chance of a shower.

Got some banking done yesterday, filled up Woman's ride for her down at the corner.

Placed a small Amazon order, including a phone/cup holder for the Kubota ... 😍 Should be here later today.

Located the 1/4" crown stapler and spent most of the day stapling the 1" hardware cloth onto the new screener frame. That was complicated somewhat by the fact that Yellowjackets have made a nest in the shop wall and every time I turn on the lights and AC, they come inside and swarm around the lights. Very annoying.

Might have to do something about that today, since I found the actual location of the nest yesterday:

Directly over the man door ... :eek:

Every place where the vertical and horizontal wires crossed (that was over wood) got four 3/4" long staples. Not sure how many staples it took, but it was a bunch and took forever to do. Pretty sure that was how I did it last time and it held up pretty well. Since I used PT wood this time around this one will probably outlast me ... :giggle:

I did manage to get it finished before knocking off for the day and run a few bucketloads through it:

IMG_1916 copy.jpg

This one might be a little more efficient, since I used fewer boards and there is more open screen to allow the material to pass through.

Hauled trash up to the can at the road and got it set out.

Helped Woman make a batch of zucchini bread last night, using a new recipe. Was much better, very moist.

Agenda for today:

Probably do some compost/manure screening and get more of it hauled down to amend the soil in the expanded garden area.

Possibly more tilling.

Treat nest entry area around shop man door with Apicide.

Plus whatever else comes up.

New hibiscus blooms:

IMG_1919 copy.jpg

IMG_1917 copy.jpg

Hope everyone has a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #153,977  
78F partly cloudy sky just couple brief showers.

Just don't know how most of you folks can deal with 3H's,it seem to be taking it toll on me. :(

Enjoy you evening .

/ Good morning!!!! #153,978  
Just don't know how most of you folks can deal with 3H's,it seem to be taking it toll on me. :(
Moderation, Thomas. At work, I have a nice air conditioned office where I can cool myself. Same thing at home; when I start getting too hot, I go inside and cool for a bit.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,980  
Happy Birthday Ken.

tree guys came back today with a Bobcat to get rid of the trunk. They couldn't take it with them yesterday because the truck mounted
boom grapple had a broken grapple. They welded it and it broke again. Guess they need to reinforce it. So they brought this unit out after I called them
and asked when they were coming back. Very nice people, nice to get this done and not worry about that tree coming down. It had a bunch of dead branches up high and
I was mowing right under it. Suggested that wasn't good to my landlady and she immediately agreed. I think she wants me to stick around... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1143.JPG
    IMG_1143.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 59