Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,991  
2022-08-03, 0359

59° right now...high in the mid 80's

No rain yesterday, although it looked like it for a while.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,992  
65°
Up every 2 hrs tonight.

Mostly, yes and no. The plan is to go back to a previous employer. Part of my retirement strategy. Work is really slow right now at current job. It’s always been cyclical, but slower than usual. Lots of people have left since the buyout a couple yrs ago, and it’s now showing in production.

As hot as July was, our yearly high is still from May, we never beat it. Let’s see what august does, got to 91 yesterday. Thursday is predicted to be hotter.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,993  
67 high of 93 today very humid like Florida. No real rain in sight in my opinion

Prayers for all our Country

Sorry about no sleep BEF

/ Good morning!!!! #153,994  
good morning all
going to be a hot one, 92 today in full sun, 97 tomorrow.

I'm off early to church this morning on a small project, need to clean dirt and lichens off three large bronze memorial plaques in graveyard.
Folks who don't want a plot but family still wants to remember them have the option of listing their name on these memorial plaques. But over time,
the metal, along with all the gravestones in graveyard starts to acquire a patina of gunk and lichens.
We have specialized PH balanced cleaner, and simple matter of spraying it on, let sit for a few minutes, then scrub with soft brush and rinse off.

One of our members is about to enjoy her 98th birthday and I promised her I would go make sure her late husband was not collecting moss on the plaque, so I want to get
this done so when I visit her (same nursing home as my MIL) I can tell her Ralph is all scrubbed clean...an interesting form of perpetual care.

and then it will be back to watering. Maybe some showers later this week; just looks like hot summer weather
hope you all have a good day

/ Good morning!!!! #153,995  
Good Morning!!!! 79F @ 4:00AM. Partly cloudy skies. High 102F. Winds light and variable.

Dramatic skies, Ted. Hope for no more Jeep surprises.

Got another shipping quote yesterday, but there's a reason there were limits placed on pickup and delivery time. This fella ignored them all, and his ratings indicate he's a flake. I'll keep looking.

Literally wresteled two Ethernet cables through the first hundred foot length of conduit yesterday. After I finally managed to poke the snake out the other side, it broke loose of the cable and sent me flying. I'm sore in places I didn't know I had this morning. Should be easier for the rest of 'em because I can lay them out straight and pull the wire before they go into the trench. Might not get too far today because, as usual, the can of PVC glue left from the previous project is too hard to use, and I need a few other things from HD as well.

I lasted outside 'till 2PM yesterday, which got me a late lunch and a reprieve from the 95F weather. A cool shower felt good, and spent the afternoon installing a new network controller to replace the one that failed. Still have a few more devices left to move over today. Then pack for another weekend on the coast, more time cooling off in the fog.

Happy Hump Day, folks!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,996  
Good morning! 76˚ heading to 102-105˚ mostly sunny skies. No rain in sight but something might be stirring in the gulf.
A early morning mow or trail hike today.
Card and domino club started another card game last night - Spades. We won at our table. 16 people showed up for the first night.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,997  
Good morning! 64 now, 90 later. Think it is gonna be an in the shade kinda day.

A lot has happened since I last posted something.

Went to Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid Ohio. Been going since 1996. 2022 was likely my last visit. The event has become chaos. The thing that finished it was the ****** Youth at the camping entrance early Sunday morning when I returned from the races in Ashland. He told me the campground was closed and I wasn’t allowed in, even with my camping pass and event pass. I tried to explain to him that I had been there since Thursday, my trailer was in the campground, etc. he told me I didn’t understand, the campground was closed. I used some colorful language to explain to him he needed to move, as being an F150 parking lot was a poor career choice. He moved.

The house AC died again while I was at VMD. Fortunately, the service guy got it running, but it is on borrowed time.

We managed 2 - 1st’s and a 5th at the races held in conjunction with VMD. Had to run the back up Yamaha and being down 10 HP on a 1/2 mile was a struggle.

My MIL had a massive stroke the Saturday of VMD. My wife left Sunday (7-24) to go to MD to be with her. She was moved to hospice and is still there.

A mile from my wife’s sister’s house when she was going to MD, a part (she thought it looked like a transmission support) fell out from underneath another vehicle. She couldn’t avoid it. $8,100 in damage to her Mini. Both front wishbones, steering rack, 2 tires, 2 wheels being the major damage. The insurance company is being complete jerks about the claim. She is paying for it as the insurance company won’t return calls or emails. My local agent is frustrated. Told them Monday I wanted quotes to get rid of this company. Probably gonna kick the agent to the curb as well. I am getting other quotes from other agents.

Worked on the spare Craftsman tractor for the charging issue. Found the flywheel had shed the magnets. Seems it is a common issue with Kohler flywheels. Fixable if you catch it before the magnets get broken. I wasn’t that lucky. New flywheel should be at the dealer this morning.

Other than that, it has been quiet. Mowing, taking care of the critters, etc.

Everyone stay safe out there

/ Good morning!!!! #153,998  
88° going for another dry and sunny 103° with no relief in sight.:cry::cry:

/ Good morning!!!! #153,999  
Morning all, sunny and going up to 92.
Yesterday ordered an air hose reel for myself.
Took off the backhoe and put on the flail.

It's so nice to drive the trail and cut down the stiltgrass vs. using the brushcutter.

Sorry about you MIL Rich-hope she recovers well
I am sure the car troubles aren't helping with the stress.

My dad made it here ok last night