Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #15,671  
Good Morning! 69˚ heading to mid 80's, may rain.
Finished my road project now I start working on the banks of the spring pond. A few pics of the road below. I had half of it finished when we had the 1.5" downpour Sunday morning and the 10% clay and 90% sand road held up good. We were able to drive on it right after the rain with no problems. The last picture in my sand/clay pit. I moved about 200 FELs of sand/clay.

Attachments

• road1.jpg
    road1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 78
  • road2.jpg
    road2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 92
  • sand:clay pit.jpg
    sand:clay pit.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 90
   / Good morning!!!! #15,672  
2013-10-29, 0812

A frosty 17 degrees right now...high of 46 predicted.
Supposed to warm up over the course of the week...we'll see if that happens.

I mentioned yesterday I hooked up a snow plow to my Gator...here's a couple pictures.

Gator with Plow 2013-10-28013.jpg Gator with Plow 2013-10-28008.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #15,673  
I mentioned yesterday I hooked up a snow plow to my Gator...here's a couple pictures.

Roy, that looks pretty cool. I won't wish a bunch of snow on you, but from past pictures, I'm sure it's coming soon. I think I'd be tempted to put some clear poly stretched between the roll cage supports as a windshield. I hate slushy big snowflakes hitting me in the face.

It's a vey warm morning here (67 F) as the southerly breezes are being pulled up off the Gulf due to the low pressure cool front approaching. We are predicted to have the first rains tonight. My ponds and I are waiting with excitement.:)

Drew, I hope your and Nadene's cul-de-sac Halloween party is all treats and no tricks.

/ Good morning!!!! #15,674  
25 degrees here with snow changing to rain later going to get to 40 today.

/ Good morning!!!! #15,675  
Roy, that looks pretty cool. I won't wish a bunch of snow on you, but from past pictures, I'm sure it's coming soon. I think I'd be tempted to put some clear poly stretched between the roll cage supports as a windshield. I hate slushy big snowflakes hitting me in the face.

I was intending to get an aftermarket windshield, but that plan was squelched by Vermont Castings downsizing.
Financially, we're doing OK...not great, but OK. But the windshield will have to wait.

/ Good morning!!!! #15,676  
I was intending to get an aftermarket windshield, but that plan was squelched by Vermont Castings downsizing.
Financially, we're doing OK...not great, but OK. But the windshield will have to wait.

Roy that is why they make snowmobile suits! also a temp piece of plexiglass would be helpful too. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of you plowing snow say around the end of January.
By then it might be time to look for a old plow truck? Problem with our snow storms is they come but there never seems to be warm enough days for them to melt down until late March.

WB

/ Good morning!!!! #15,677  
Roy that is why they make snowmobile suits! also a temp piece of plexiglass would be helpful too. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of you plowing snow say around the end of January.
By then it might be time to look for a old plow truck? Problem with our snow storms is they come but there never seems to be warm enough days for them to melt down until late March.

WB

I don't have enough drive to justify a plow truck and I'm not going to put a plow on my F-150. I've been plowing snow with an open station tractor for years....including last winter season when we were in East Randolph. I dress for it and don't normally plow during a snow....not if it's blowing hard, anyway.

I'll try to get pictures when I do plow with the Gator, but getting my wife out in cold snowy weather is virtually impossible. And she was raised here in VT

/ Good morning!!!! #15,678  
Good Morning! 69˚ heading to mid 80's, may rain.
Finished my road project now I start working on the banks of the spring pond. A few pics of the road below. I had half of it finished when we had the 1.5" downpour Sunday morning and the 10% clay and 90% sand road held up good. We were able to drive on it right after the rain with no problems. The last picture in my sand/clay pit. I moved about 200 FELs of sand/clay.

whipper making sure you get it smooth enough to his liking. :)

How far was each trip from the pit to the dump spot?

/ Good morning!!!! #15,679  
I could take some of those Texas temps here this morning. It 26 and looking to reach 42 probably late afternoon. Guess I just have to give up on warm temps and admit winter is on its way.

/ Good morning!!!! #15,680  
Don, your road isn't truly tested until Harvey comes up and drives up and down it a few times with Lucy and Iris.

Pro-Tow.jpg