Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #159,401  
Thomas did they find out dog were coyotes? Hope you enjoyed the football. Your gas is high, diesel out
I told them all 5 dogs were coyotes,later that afternoon Fish & Game stop and confirm it.

Electric bills have gone 35+ %. :rolleyes:

/ Good morning!!!! #159,404  
Good (Tuesday) morning. Winter just won't go away; overnight Low of 3C and it's presently 13.6C, partly cloudy and the wind is ramping up. There was 1mm in the gauge at 0800 which was from yesterday's rain/hail burst.

I've got to head into town in a while for an annual Driver Medical, all because I've got Type II diabetes. The bugger of it is that Medicare no longer 'covers' it and I'll have to pay A$90!

Anyway, there's no rain in the forecast until Saturday so when I get back I'll repair the boundary fence wire strand then continue with the wood stacking. I managed to get one row completed yesterday so I may get it completed by the weekend; slow and steady. It's like a jigsaw puzzle.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,405  
29F clear sky about same temp over night,this morning was brisk 12F.

Just long day at work and I ain't doing no more than I have to until pillow time!!!

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,407  
Wngsprd, don’t think my geo aux kicked in because breaker is off. Which reminds me, I still need to fix geothermal circulation pumps to have a working spare..

It’s interesting that you have aux heat for your geo system. I didn’t install any aux or backup, my thinking was that my heat exchanger was going to see 55 degree water regardless of the outside temperature. And that has been the case for almost 40 years now.

Mine is an open loop though. Is it common to add aux heat to a closed loop system? I have little experience with them.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,408  
It’s interesting that you have aux heat for your geo system. I didn’t install any aux or backup, my thinking was that my heat exchanger was going to see 55 degree water regardless of the outside temperature. And that has been the case for almost 40 years now.

Mine is an open loop though. Is it common to add aux heat to a closed loop system? I have little experience with them.

Closed loop will not maintain 55, it can get below freezing, so I have glycol in the system.
But, the longer the system has been in the ground it seems to do better, with little need for backup. A one night drop like last night is one thing, a week in the teens every night will probably require it.

Reminds me, I bought refractometer to check my glycol.

I have 2 independent geo systems, 2 ton upstairs and 3 ton downstairs. Based on manual J. Think guy who did manual J screwed it up (me).
I should have reversed them. The 3 ton barely gets to 2nd stage. I installed the heat element, but never ran power to it. It definitely did not need it.
The 2 ton upstairs does most the work, hotter in summer and colder in winter. It uses backup heat only if outside gets into low teens.
I have monitoring system that I haven’t looked at in months.

IMG_7079.JPG
IMG_7080.JPG

The 3 ton loops are at 55 but it’s not running. Upstairs loops around 45.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,410  
Well, it was quite the time in town.... traffic was really heavy. Ortho appt went ok, the surgeon still doesn't have a clue.... sent me for blood work to start the process of looking for a chronic infection. Hopefully results within a couple of days. If bloodwork shows an inflammatory response, he'll aspirate some of the fluid around the knee to see if there is infection.
If no signs of infection???
They took 3 X-rays, all the mechanical parts look good.
This is really frustrating for sure.....

Got a message from Costco, my new glasses were in, so stopped by and got them fitted. I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW (The rain is gone).....
Picked up a couple items for Thanksgiving, including some fresh baked dinner rolls. There must have been 6 tables piled high with bags of 36 rolls.

When I got home, had to do a quality assurance test on the rolls.... they passed.

Time to relax and get the feet up.....