Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #159,871  
Good morning! Yesterday was just too warm (85˚F) to get into the mood to put up the Christmas lights. Today we have a stout 20 mph North wind and 38˚F, too cold and windy to mess with lights. Friday looks like a decent day with a light South wind and 70.

Has anyone else noticed the 2023 home/vehicle insurance rates have increased 50%?
Three man crew out there putting up our lights right now. Tempertature has come from 32° early this morning up to 44° now, but it's a mite windy.

And I just renewed our auto and homeowner's insurance this past month. A few years ago I deliberately arranged to have both expire/renew on the same date. We use AAA annual polices and nowhere nearly as much increase as 50%.
Auto annual $1153 went to $1266
Home annual $1312 went to $1328

So auto was by far the biggest jump, but nowhere close to 50%.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,872  
Good morning to all! Low of a chilly 14°, but going up to around 50°, sunny.
The "big wind event" didn't get too bad here --- only some 35 mph gusts. The wind only lasted to early afternoon. Other areas did get the winds, but they were further north of here. Didn't see one snowflake.

Mostly, congrats on another mileage accomplishment! Like Thomas, I am a 'low mileage' .... only have 23K on the truck... and it's 3 1/2 years old. The car has 68K on it and it's 8 years old.....

The temps will moderate by the end of the week, highs staying in the low 50's. There's talk of an increased chance of snow the start of next week.

Drew, that dentist cost is crazy! Maybe a second opinion? Hope you don't have too much discomfort.

BEF, our insurance actually decreased about 5% for next year. Package includes homeowners, vehicles, trailers, and tractor. All covered under State Farm.

Got the tires installed this morning. Definitely an improvement in the ride, however once I got on the freeway and up to speed, definitely a balance issue. I called them immediately, said "bring it back in". Might stop back in this afternoon to have them redone.
I am surprised, these are really small tires. I never had a problem getting the big 35" tires on the Jeep balanced. Makes me wonder if the installer thought "good enough" when he was balancing them....

Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper right now. Just another inconvenience/annoyance! They'll make it right, but it's the principle.....

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #159,873  
PJ, keep your head low for the next few days..... Good luck with the new job!

/ Good morning!!!! #159,876  
Temp now down to 35F @ 13:15, steady wind is just howling ... windchill is 26F. Gale Warning still up on Erie. Considerable rain overnight as front came through - LWS reports 0.98" since midnight.

The actual low temp tonight will be around 24F ... :oops:

Brrr ... winter weather is here ... :(

Woman is fussing with Her Elephant Ear plant this morning, need to get that moved from the entryway into the dining room and revisit Her "report" once the cobwebs have cleared.

Also several more plants in the garage that need moved inside.

Used up the last of the water I drew for fish room pwc's yesterday so will need to draw more today and refill the jugs so they can start warming up.

Have two fluorescent fixtures which are on the fritz in the fish room, need to check those today to see if it's the tubes or the ballasts. I suspect tubes but if it's the ballasts I have those in stock. If it's the tubes it will require a trip down to the Walmart @ The Strip in North Canton ... which I am not looking forward to.

The flood of "demand" (self-generated) is here with so many things to do, now that outside work is tapering off and I'm back inside.

There is a bunch of boxed up kitchen/dining room items in the basement sitting on wooden Ikea shelves on the south wall in the utility room that need gone through and sorted out for FB Marketplace, yard sale, donations or retain.

That needs to happen so the shelves can be taken down so I can put up foam board on that wall (uninsulated concrete) and then put a stud wall inside of that.

And of course the master bedroom bath remodel project is still calling my name.

Well, better get moving as time's a-wasting ...

Hope everyone has a good day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #159,877  
Mostly your 6K has inspired me. Today I'm starting my 8 minute workout.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,878  
Good Morning Everyone,

I did not expect this. since about 2 AM when I had the dog out ... it has snowed steady, and there is -3C with wind, effectively -10C. It is still snowing, and about 6-7 inches / 18 cm on the ground (new).

this was today's forecast here:
Periods of snow ending this morning then clearing. Amount 2 cm. Wind northeast 20 km/h becoming light this morning. High minus 2. Wind chill minus 13 this morning.

that means that it ill probably snow for another hour... till 11:30 AM or so. changes priorities from Bookkeeping and Appt to snowplowing
I need to get out with the tractor and plow, before my counsellor comes and does a connection here at home, coffee session.
normally I plow once the snow stops, or at night
hmmm....

the chickens won't be enjoying this

/ Good morning!!!! #159,880  
my friend in DE happily flew the kites I left with them.
Said the serpent flew better in their back yard than the beach, and the octopus needed more line.
Sounds like they had fun again.
life's simple pleasures

Attachments

• 20221126_125928[4459].jpg
    20221126_125928[4459].jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47