Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #159,891  
   / Good morning!!!! #159,892  
We are down to two vehicles:
Sprinter Van 180,000 miles
Ford dually 350 50,000 miles

Both drive like new

/ Good morning!!!! #159,893  
all is well. My old 110V POS water jet well pump in basement has a horrible amp draw when it kicks on. Blinks the lights in entire house.
Gen doesn't enjoy it at all. But good to run the gen under load. 50A rv style cable coming into subpanel running most of primary panel. But gen only puts out about 45A at 240.
I turned off the dehumidifier downstairs since I'm also running the new freezer. 3600 rpm gens are hard on my bad ears. I may put my headphones on.
Just have to listen to the alarm buzzer going off.

This noise is why I'd really like a solid state alternative.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,894  
Turned on my dish network receiver for the first time in weeks. It says channel not authorized on all channels. So I just did the unplug reset, waiting for it to come back.
Last time I tried it didn’t work either, except then it wouldn’t lock onto the satellite. Apparently it’s finding the satellite now.

I really need to cancel dish and save $110 a month.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,895  
PECO says maybe power back on 7:30pm.
best use of a gen, keeping the xmas lights on
that big fella is going outside tomorrow .

Attachments

• IMG_1469 (1).JPG
    IMG_1469 (1).JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1467.JPG
    IMG_1467.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 52
   / Good morning!!!! #159,896  
Blue dot is us in relation to eruption
View attachment 772611

Can’t see the show as Frits posted.
Still blue sky here, but with some haze.
David, you are on the right side of the island and as far away as you can get from the vulcano. And I believe the flow of lava is away from you as well. As long as prevailing winds are in your favor you are good

/ Good morning!!!! #159,897  
Gas today was $2.74 at Costco here, closer to $3 /gal at the regular gas stations.

For surge and low voltage protection, I use these:

If power drops (low voltage/ brown out) they kick off. If there is a surge, they kick off. They will stay off for a minimum of 3 minutes until power becomes "stable". I found packs of 4 or 6 cheaper on Ebay.

The small investment saved our portable heat pump A/C unit which was running during a quick chain of a power on/off --on/off -- on/off. The only downside is that if there is a power draw from whatever is running when the surge happens, the protector is now trashed. It only permanently gets trashed for the high draw items though.... like a refrigerator or A/C. Other light draw items, it just trips, then comes back on.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,898  
I do want to get an UPS for the pellet stove. If we loose power, the program for timer / scheduled burns gets erased. Don't want that to happen during the night. We could get mighty cold......

Some are quite expensive.... others so cheap that I am afraid they aren't any good..... any suggestions? Looking for around a 1500W capable one.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,899  
Good (Thursday) morning. Overnight Low of 11C and it's presently 15.7C... temperatures are actually dropping since I awoke. It's overcast with a steady breeze. No rain in my gauge to end November's total (104.3mm) but the aerodrome had 1.8mm.

After my trip into town yesterday I got stuck into chain-harrowing, then 'mulching' Paddocks 6/1/2. The only problem with running the Z-turn over the dried horse droppings is that I get covered in a fine layer of horse-droppings-dust.:( Even after blowing/brushing myself off I still have that horse-poo scent on me. Fortunately, it's a nice smell (at least to me it is).

I'm sure that I'll get up to something today. Take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,900  
I do want to get an UPS for the pellet stove. .

I’ve thought about it but never did. I ran my pellet stove once on my large generator and since then the control board is a little wonky, it won’t let me shut it off. To turn it off I have to turn knob to off, then open the pellet lid, which has a sensor and will turn stove off if left open.

IMG_6922.JPG

Tiger loves the heat.