Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,411  
I was so tired of the limited internet access I was getting with the hotspot on my phone, I just set the dishy on the ground and fired it up. I had some tree obstructions, but I had good internet access finally. It was about 10 months before I could get the dishy to it's permanent mounting location. Works even better now. :)
The Temporary Installation will be a cobbled-together 22-foot mast with three guywires for stability. It will consist of the Starlink Tall ground post, which will slide over and be cross-bolted to a 10-foot length 1-1/4” EMT, which will be u-bolted/cross-bolted to a 10-foot length of Unistrut. This mast will be raised and bolted to the vertical piece of Unistrut that supports the aerial conduit from our solar panels to the house.

this will elevate McDishFace to level with the ridge line of the house, and emulate its eventual permanent position on the house, albeit approximately 20’ to the south.

in the photo A1 & A2 are the same height. B is a good approximation of the mast top without Dishy. C is a poor approximation of where Dishy would be height-wise on the mast, but an excellent guesstimate of where it would be in its permanent position.

it should be an interesting exercise. . .
78156163-B91F-4477-8BFD-6C59F1F1D2EF.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #162,412  
Was able to get 3/4 of the drip zones done. One of the largest flow zones was frozen in a corner at the very beginning near the supply. No-go getting it to flow. This is the only spot that stays in the shade all day during the winter.

So, watered the whole zone by hand with the hose. Timed the full flow for 2 minutes per plant. Should be enough to hold them for a couple weeks.

Didn't get to detail the truck because of the manual watering, but that's ok.... it was nice being outside in the sunshine. Truck moved to tomorrow's agenda.

I did manage to take down the outside Christmas decorations. They are not put away though.... need to get the storage containers down from the loft in the garage... for both the outside and inside deco......
🎶 TOMORROW, TOMORROW, the sun will come out TOMORROW!! 🎶

Have a great evening!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,413  
Cancelled our Starlink order. Once we heard the fiber optic internet was coming to the area.... it's been a month since we hooked up and it has been flawlessly working

5C3AFB91-611C-444A-81C8-574E6E4FB7B4.png
Can't complain about the speed for sure!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,414  
Cancelled our Starlink order. Once we heard the fiber optic internet was coming to the area.... it's been a month since we hooked up and it has been flawlessly working

View attachment 778289
Can't complain about the speed for sure!
Is it through your phone company?

do they make you give up your POTS copper pair?

/ Good morning!!!! #162,415  

View attachment 778289
I can't get those speeds with Starlink, I can't get those speeds with the fiber we have on our street. The fiber company here wants $150/month for a max download speed of 100mb/s for residential service and $8500 to connect to our house. So Starlink is cheaper and faster than our fiberoptic internet. They will provide 1Gb/s for a business but I have no idea what that cost is.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,416  
Supercross racing season about to have it's first race tonight from Anaheim Ca.

On the Peacock channel. Great racing, for about $6/month. Not that I like giving peacock any money.....but I've been watching this racing since I was a kid.

Remember the Yamaha Gold Cup races, broadcast from the Houston Astrodome? I was there!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,417  
   / Good morning!!!! #162,418  
Kyle, we were there too at the Astro dome converted to motor cross racing with mounds of dirt. I think
Remember the Yamaha Gold Cup races, broadcast from the Houston Astrodome? I was there!

it may have been one of the first races they had. Remember the exhaust was really bad. May be ventilation improved on the later races

/ Good morning!!!! #162,419  
Is it through your phone company?

do they make you give up your POTS copper pair?
No, not the phone company. This company started out doing phone and cell phone services. They dropped all the phone service about a year ago.

Now they do nothing but fiber optic internet. We have their "mid" package which is up to a gig download speed, for $85 a month, including 2 additional mesh routers. No charge for install or equipment.

We still have 6 pair copper coming in, but don't use it at all.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,420  
The mesh routers are fantastic! I have one out in the shop (detached, about 150' away from the main router)(and through the whole house and the wall of the shop). No problem connecting at all! --- can actually watch videos out there now. The other mesh is in the hobby shack, about 75' from the house.

We are doing our cell phones over the internet when in range. No more dropped calls.