Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,391  
Good Morning,
Presently 44F under sunny skies, after an overnight low of 36, forecast high of 48.

Tree that broke that was hanging in another tree, came down the rest of the way. Time to sharpen the saws up and get it cut up. The tree also came down on a fence we had put up to keep the dog from running off. Dog stays at home now and comes when called eliminating the need for the fence, we might just take it down and make it easier to get aournd the yard.

Liz made it home from NC last night, she mentioned some work she wants to do around the house so will have to see what that list looks like.

Winds are quiet today and Liz wants to play with her drone at bit, that should be fun.

Have a good day and be safe out there.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,392  
Thank you! I will be satisfied if I can get this thing up where it needs to be without breaking anything. . . And this is a “temporary installation until I finally get my scaffolding so I can put it where it really needs to be on the house…
I was so tired of the limited internet access I was getting with the hotspot on my phone, I just set the dishy on the ground and fired it up. I had some tree obstructions, but I had good internet access finally. It was about 10 months before I could get the dishy to it's permanent mounting location. Works even better now. :)

/ Good morning!!!! #162,393  
I am type 2 diabetic been that way since 2002. My mother had it her father and brother as well. Red meat will drive my sugar level up, baked potatoes, black coffee, bread among others cause big rise as well. Breakfast of two pieces of bacon one egg English mufffin does very little to sugar level. All of our bodies react differently. If I want the extreme yogurt mixed berry for breakfast lunch and dinner for three days sugar level never goes above 70 never below 69.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,394  
good morning all, 41 going to not much higher temp today. No rain in the forecast. Hopefully the ground will dry up.

Buppies, I am type 2 diabetic as well for a long time as well. Sister is as well and my late mother was also.

The fuel truck was here this morning and filled up the fuel oil tank in the basement. They did not leave a ticket so will look for it to come in the mail. Full on the gauge shows as 7/8 so assume at empty there will be a reserve left.
The fuel tank for the tractors etc is full but not treated for freeze protection though.
We are going to town today to fill up the van with diesel. Last trip we got 21 MPG. Not bad for a big van but a Prius it is not.
The Yukon furnace company went out of business so bought a bunch of spares to have on hand.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,395  
Good Morning!!!! 49F @ 6:30AM. Rain. High around 55F. Winds SE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall around a half an inch.
It's raining now, so it's back to being an inside day. Sounds like the wind is picking up, too. I wonder what mischief it'll cause this time.

The monitors are predicting the Sacramento River will reach flood stage in the next day or so. Yet we're still below normal for this time of year for both rainfall and reservoir level. We should have had more rain in the fall, and now it's all coming at once. Some is good, more is not necessarily better.

I don't eat a lot of potatoes, Drew, but when I do, they are baked or boiled, and I use very little seasoning. No oil/grease of any kind. Often with no seasoning at all, and they are delicious.

Can you recommend a good frying pan, Don? My cast iron doesn't work very well without oil or grease of some kind.

My contractor/neighbor has the Ethernet adapter cable on order for his Starlink, Ron, and is asking me what kind of router he should install. He wants security cameras, too. I can't recommend Ubiquiti stuff any longer, and wonder what system you settled on?

The contractor did make it out yesterday and said he'll put an estimate together to repair the roof and other damage. Brought his son along, a great big guy, probably does a lot of heavy lifting on the job.

Still no word from either the roofer or the insurance adjuster. And still no roof leaks. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket, too?

It had pretty much stopped raining by the time they left, so I got busy on outside jobs. First was to remount the solar panel for the gate opener, which was also blown off by the wind. Reaimed security camera on the same pole to give a better view of the boat launch road while I was at it. Went to check that the panel was charging the battery and found that the lock on the box was jammed. Never did get it open. Guess I'll know it's charging if the gate keeps working.

Then it was down to the generator pad to fix the access point and security cam there that had both stopped working. The mounts were zip ties, so I redid those with hose clamps. Power cycling them got them going again.

The wind also blew the door off the little shed that covers the air compressor and phase converter on the back porch. The door was supposed to be an outdoor door, but the glue failed that held the piece of wood that the hinges screw into. I took the piece left on the hinges and removed it, then used some 3" deck screws to reattach it to the door. Got a neighbor to help me put the door back on the hinges, as it was very heavy from being waterlogged.

Got a little work done on the mirror mounts for that neighbor, but still have more to go.

While I was waiting for the neighbor to show up, I went around with the side-by-side and picked up all the pieces of roof tile that had been knocked down by the wind. Then ran 'em down to the low spot I've been trying to fill and dumped 'em. Gonna be a lot more when the repair starts.

While I was down there I spotted another oak tree that got blown over. The ground is saturated now and the roots came out of the ground. Makes cleanup easier, but I hate losing trees.

Wanted to use the grill to cook dinner, but it was still on the back porch surrounded by debris. Tried to drag it around to the front porch, but the wheels didn't like the gravel and it got stuck. It was dark by then, so I strapped on a headlamp and swapped the grapple for the forks on the tractor and moved the grill that way. Nothing like having the right tool for the job. If the rain lets up today, I'll do the same for the bead blaster to get it out of the weather, too.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,397  
RNG, I have 5 Ring camera/ flood lights. Works great for my house/yard. I have had them for about 5 years. It fits me. If I was to do it again. I would install hard wired cameras. No wifi. Mine are all hard power wired. No batteries for me.
Here is a screenshot from backyard camera. When I was trying to get moon picture.
IMG_0562.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0562.JPG
    IMG_0562.JPG
    528.2 KB · Views: 41
   / Good morning!!!! #162,398  
Morning all, 43 going up to 45 and we have full sun.
Ground too mushy to work outside.

So wife approved moving forward with Mini-Split.
Going to order some sheetrock to finish garage walls.

Once I get taht wall sheetrocked the mini will go on, then I will order and install all the parts.
Still need to figure out if the compressor will fit under the outside stairs hanging on wall brackets.
That would make the run for the garage short. Still need to figure out where the basement living area mini would go.

Once all that is done, then sheetrock the rest, see if I can get my cousin down here to help me on that since he does carpentry/walls for a living.

Drew - while a rough decision on the trailer, glad it became obvious before purchase. It is easy to rent a nice mid size RV. And you don't have to find a place to store it after the trip!

Phil - hope the wife gets her voice back soon, sounds frustrating

Today the last trim bits in the garage and hopefully by tomorrow the tape and seal will be well in and then need to get the order for the sheetrock and longer tapcons to install.

My Christmas tree removal is kinda fun. Get tree out of holder. Open back sliding doors. Through over deck rail to back yard and then drag to woods. Then wife vacuums up needles :)

Safe travels PopG

Be well,

/ Good morning!!!! #162,399  
66°F and no rain.

Good day yesterday, successfully spending money in town followed by dump run where I managed to clean out a number of things I kept because they were “fixable”, just never got roundtoit.

Guys won at H&F.

Lowe’s delivery today. Material for both my tractor shed project and major renovation at the cottage. Cottage renovation not by me. Negotiated a 5 year agreement with our Canadian friends. He will be making a number of changes, starting with moving the kitchen.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #162,400  
66°F and no rain.

Good day yesterday, successfully spending money in town followed by dump run where I managed to clean out a number of things I kept because they were “fixable”, just never got roundtoit.

Guys won at H&F.

Lowe’s delivery today. Material for both my tractor shed project and major renovation at the cottage. Cottage renovation not by me. Negotiated a 5 year agreement with our Canadian friends. He will be making a number of changes, starting with moving the kitchen.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day
Nothing like renovating the basement! We have had our full basement cottage for about 20 years now, and the kid is getting antsy about getting the basement finished. Got most of the framing done down there, so just need the ceilings and the walls and then the floors done. Oh yeah, and we are putting a full kitchen down there as well. That is going to be more of an operation, because the exit pipe to the septic tank is above the floor of the basement. We framed in a bathroom as well, but I need to get the fixtures installed and then a proper sewage pump so that the kitchen sink in the kitchen and the toilet in the bathroom sink and the shower can be pumped up to the septic tank.

Fortunately, there are a lot of good products out there right now for pumping sewage up and out from the basement floor.

They think that I am going to have all of this done by spring!🤣🤣🤣