Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,812  
30F foggy upper 30's for high.

Outside chores done E muffin time. :)
Plans for today...4 hours part store afterwards critter food stop,afternoon plow off any remaining slush etc. from driveway and clean walks.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,813  
After 16th of February winter returns lasting till mid march cold and stormy plenty of snow for Thomas and others on east coast mid Atlantic or so I read this morning. The worm will turn one last time this year. Sophie our Golden resting years ago. Thanks Ron we had to take our feeders down bear attacks daily

IMG_0004.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #184,815  
45 going to 62.

Looked out in the front yard this morning in the bird feeding zone, where I usually see raccoons, opossums and skunks in the moonlight...standing very close to the house were 3 deer, a rabbit and a coon. Never seen deer that close to the house.

Kyle, wise daughter. Hope your son gets well soon.

Buppies, we were planning to get another Chesapeake Bay Retriever, but since we have the new granddaughter, my wife feels more comfortable with a Lab. We've had many Labs over the years. My parents had two poodles...very smart.

Took my wife to an old country restaurant for lunch, and then to Wegman's for groceries. With temps in mid 70s yesterday, saw lots of folks wearing flip flops, shorts, t-shirts and tank tops...mixing with others wearing coats/jackets and regular January clothes. Motorcycles and convertibles with tops down. Crazy weather, but we always get a "January thaw."

Need to change the oil in my wife's vehicle, and do a few outdoor chores before the rain gets here.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,816  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).
44.1F going to mid-60s, rainy day forecasted.

Got up to mountain, collected another almost 8 gallons of sap, Bailey went for asolo walk, we left Harry home in the crate. Harry goes to playhouse four times a week, so he can stay home for a bit and Bailey can get a break (as can the Both of us, and the deer/squirrels/birds etc 😂🤣).
One of the skinnier trees I tapped does not produce a lot of sap, but it is loaded with other components — this is about two cups of sap:

IMG_0218.jpeg

other taps produce between 1-2 gallons per collection, but they are almost clear.

a couple good finds at the thrifts wound down the day, I found an early 60s IONA blender for $6, Mrs found a NWT fleece vest for $4, and some other sundries.

Today is back to work, let’s see what fresh exciting adventures the software engineers have created . . .

i hope everyone has a happy healthy safe blessed day!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,818  
Mmmm, I thought they couldn't take freezing temps.... going to have to research this..... maybe they need the cold?
There is a “cold hardy” fig variety, it can take some dips into freezing but not any super-deep extended temps. Growing up in the city, we had two in the back yard and they got wrapped every winter.

i Planted two here last spring, the one at the house is doing well, unwrapped but I piled dead leaves over it, the one up the woodlot didn’t make it past September .

/ Good morning!!!! #184,819  
Family Affair near Raleigh has standard poodle pups for sale. Know several people from Roanoke who have purchased from them had very good luck

/ Good morning!!!! #184,820  
good morning all
another foggy day, with rain starting tonight, going into tomorrow
our inch of rain will be Phil's six inches of snow, looks like colder air has descended a bit.

Phil, does your arthritis hurt more when weather systems come in?
my wrists are pretty good at predicting the weather

Buppies, sorry you feel beat up this morning. Hope it all heals quickly.

going to see how easy it is to take engine cover off rv by myself this morning, then assuming it gets out doors ok, think
I'll bring it into my living room and work on lining it with sound insulation sheets. Need to get it all warmed up so self adhesive glue
will stick
Probably will make a supermarket run first, though may wait til Sunday for less people there

moon last night very strange under all that heavy fog. I tried to take a pic

Attachments

• IMG_2788[1].JPG
    IMG_2788[1].JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 265