Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,891  
Break time. Milk house bathroom shower concrete walls all down now. Time for shower number two. No more cutting or sledge hammer work. Just about 150 pounds of concrete remains to move out.

Almost time to call it quits. Dusty, dirty, heavy work all done.... 7 dust masks and 5 showers later...

/ Good morning!!!! #184,894  
69°F and no rain

Went to “The Wall That Heals” yesterday. A 3/4 scaled replica of the Vietnam Memorial. The ceremony was quite local style which I imagine is very different than say Virginia. First time ever in Hawaii.
IMG_2380.JPG

Narrated tour was very informative. I found name of a classmate, Lyn Collier and name of brother of another, Jimmy Cleary. I was already home when they were KIA so part of their Honor Guard.
I have to admit getting a bit overwhelmed more than once. So glad we went.

Met up with Sophie’s brother and his gf for a nice lunch.
Then home and conserve energy.

Likely watch the playoffs today.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #184,895  
Ken, who’s doing the drywall mudding? Hanging is the easy part.
David, how long is the wall there?

42° and light drizzle. Over 1.2” rain, so the water is doing what water does, flows downhill. Streams are high, river about ready to flood.
Good worship.
Good food afterwards.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,896  
Good Morning Guys,
Deerfield Beach 72 to start going to 82 !

Buppies, thinking and praying for you this morning, doesnt sound like much fun but hopefully better soon !

David, too many Happy Hour bars in close proximity down here ! It caught up with me yesterday, so a slower pace for me today !

Looks like a beautiful beach day ! Coffee now and then a morning walk with Kathleen ! Then to the beach !

Phil, hope arthritis takes a break for you ! I have some issues depending on the weather ! Rainy cold weather never helps it for sure !
Hope all have a blessed day !

Someone suggested Happy Hour is somewhat a misnomer for our group. We have several that don’t drink at all, some maybe a glass of wine or 1 drink, don’t think I recall seeing anyone have more than 3 beers. Now as for food, we all enjoy. But we meet at 3pm, hence Happy Hour.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,897  
LS, those Estes model rockets are a 'blast from the past'. My brother and I really had some fun with ours.
I can recall when Penrose, Co. used to be called the rocket capitol of the world because of all the rockets that the Estes company made and sold.

Wet and sour day here today, been so wet that all the streams and rivers are at or over flood stage. Went for a drive the other day to get a cushion bolt for a tractor cab door and every stream and river was trying to escape it's banks.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,898  
35F with rain @ 16:00, high was 42.1F at some point earlier. Headed down to around 32F overnight.

Rainfall since 20:00 yesterday = 1.47"

Thanks for the condolences on the cat, will be much harder for The Woman ... the two of them are kind of attached the same way me and Mister were.

Got back into the water softener valve rebuild yesterday evening.

Figure I have made Her suffer long enough ... :devilish:

Got all the piston seals, spacers, and new piston installed in the valve using the hack method ... plus the brine injector assembly put on with new gaskets ... and the flow control housing and elbow installed. Just ordered a new brine injector nozzle and throat off Amazon, should be here tomorrow.

The flow control housing appears to be missing a washer which controls the amount of flow (doesn't effect sealing) which maybe should be there (?) ... not sure what's up with that, will need to look around ... but I think it was missing when I took it apart. Maybe not required.

Also got the flow meter put back together, new o-ring installed, impeller lubed up with some food-grade silicone grease ... you can blow into either end and it spins:

IMG_3080 copy.jpg

Was able to get Brine Valve Piston Assembly disassembled and removed finally (was where the open holes on the backing plate and bracket are now):

IMG_3075 copy.jpg

Since it went through that bracket that retains the motor assembly to the backing plating I was able to get the motor split off and get the other bracket on the other side for the motor removed - but it's in very rough shape:

IMG_3076 copy.jpg

IMG_3079 copy.jpg

IMG_3078 copy.jpg

Here's what it should look like:

Screen Shot 2024-01-28 at 13.47.43.png

Unfortunately that bracket became obsolete in January of 2023 and is "NLA" ... which means that unless I can find one locally - either used, in good condition, or NOS - I'll have to fab something up.

Which should be loads of fun ... as several of those smaller holes are threaded (#4 or #6 machine screws) so they will have to be drilled and tapped in their exact locations.

Other that that, it shouldn't be too bad - most of the holes aren't so critical that the size and locations have to be totally precise.

Figure that I'll probably punch the holes as separate two pieces of steel and weld them together. Should be able to come closer that way, as opposed to trying to bend a single piece and then drill the hole (or vice-versa)

Was going to try and get up to the shop this afternoon and run the needle scaler on the backing plate to remove the mineral deposits and see if I could scout up some suitable metal ... but it's cold and getting kind of late.

Wednesday or Thursday looks better ... it won't be raining and will at least get up into the 40's, easier to warm the shop up.

No matter, plenty of other stuff to get into down here.

Hope everyone is having a decent Sunday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #184,899  
RS, that defines eaten up, rust is like a beaver in a stand of beech.

old friends who live in Lancaster also have a condo in Myrtle Beach and are now finally retired.
So they want me to come down and visit them, which sounds like fun.
A well trod path for me but not so hard if not going all the way to Florida.
First two nights will be along Eastern Shore of Maryland, near Rock Hall and then down by the big bridge
for next night. Just taking my time.
Then on to Washington NC and then down 17 to Myrtle Beach.
there is an rv park named Apache near the Apache fishing pier, right on the ocean, that has my eye.

I don't golf at all, so what else is there to do at Myrtle Beach?
any good big marinas? I'm trying to remember, remember coming down Intracoastal through Grand Strand in 2000,
little canal through the middle of golf courses, signs warning of golf balls.
look out for golf balls. look out for alligators. look out for manatees.
always on the look out...

/ Good morning!!!! #184,900  
32F snowflakes dancing in the air will become steady snow in couple hours.

It's been slow motion day even snug nap in. :)
While going thru bear pictures today and file them came across Bella and Bowie,they were both relocated to bear rehab center end of October after we fatten them up.

Plans for the evening...feet up share bowl ice cream and watch Lions advance to Superbowl.

Enjoy your evening all.

Attachments

• Cubs.jpg
    Cubs.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Bella and Bowie.jpg
    Bella and Bowie.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 30