Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,561  
Good Morning Lou,
We sometimes use a product called Hot ! It prevents the oil from gelling in outside tanks !
I'm not familiar with a product called Hot, unless it's one of the Hot Shots additives. I used a Lucas product this year in my blended fuel and this winter had no issues but with it being such a mild winter it wasn't much of a test of it.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,562  
Morning all, 55 going to 82 and sunny.
Opened ceiling in the garage, other than some water stains and the sheetrock needing to be replaced, not much damage at all. Will try to close it back up today.
Did also get the trim cut for the new dishwasher, needs to be stained now.

10 bags of mulch, potting soil and some quarter round trim obtained at HD. Got there later than I thought I would and place was packed.

Will need to get some paint for the ceiling.

PJS - good to see you checking in.
Sorry to hear about the incident. We had one of those ransom attacks, the company bought all new machines rather than pay! Sad what these people do.

Mostly - too far for my hedge trimmer to reach your bushes or I'd be over in a jif to help out and talk bicycles.

Wngsprd - can't wait for puppy pics!

Scotty - don't let the construction get to you, sad they didn't tell you, but at least your in the location you wanted.

Happy anniversary to your in laws Phil. Great Woodworking, really amazing what you can turn out.

Popgadget - great looking party, GS is getting to big.

Be well

Will also replace fluorescent that sat here with the LED bulbs. This would normally sit where the drum set is.
20240427_154901.jpg

20240427_154910.jpg

New alarm clock today:
20240428_091755.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #189,563  
Spent time in the shop getting things rearranged to hopefully be able to clean up easier. Not sure if I posted this project or not. The whole thing including the hat is made by me out of maple. All turned on the lathe.
Your turnings are amazing.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,564  
67°F and cloudy this morning, going up to 80°. More rain coming this afternoon and into tomorrow. Had a couple of small thunderstorms wake us overnight, but nothing severe here.

Need to try to get at least the fenced in yards mowed today for the dogs to do their thing. Also, need to spend some time finding out why the pond fountain stopped yesterday.

We didn't pay either, Ken. Just accepted the loss of data back to the last complete backup and moved on. We call it "The Black Hole." All of our customers and suppliers have been not only understanding, but very kind in helping our efforts to rebuild what we can.

Good Morning, Gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,565  
Good Morning!

Had a good thunderstorm roll through earlier this morning. Not too much rain, half an inch. But lots of wind, thunder and lightning. Lasted about an hour, about 65F and cloudy now. Sure needed to mow this afternoon but looks like that is out of the question now.

I'll play around in the building this afternoon and get somethings ready for next week. Updated my certificates on the Open Meetings Act and Public Information Act yesterday.

Popgaget, you threw a good birthday party for your grandson. That is something he will always remember. Our Tiny Tornado turns 2 and we will have her birthday party next week.

Have a great Sunday everyone! Prayers for our Nation!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,566  
74F and partly cloudy @ 11:30, heading up to around 80F for the day's high with a slight chance of a rain shower.

Managed to avoid running over this little fella when I was mowing the front yesterday:

IMG_3204 copy.jpg

Woman worked on cleaning out the bed where these giant blue green hosta were, claims they grew 6" - 8" inches in a matter of hours ... which I don't doubt:

IMG_3205 copy.jpg

Later She grabbed a half slab @ the rib guys mobile stand for dinner, was good.

After that I headed up with the Kubota and screened some more compost.

IMG_3206 copy.jpg

The nearly continuous drip from the left lift cylinder on the loader reminded me that it needs a seal kit put in it.

Monday night/Tuesday morning is showing rain so that might be a good time to do it.

After noticing the leak I headed back down to the house and parked the Kubota and then took the Cub up to the shop and straightened things out with the live trap. Got that baited and set out again.

Then headed out to the garage and worked on filtering the glyphosate and refilling that one sprayer.

Also reloaded the other sprayer with the peppermint juice.

Have a birthday party to attend later, which means most of the day is shot.

Apparently someone has me confused with a doll they had and picked out outfits for and dressed when they were a child ... 🤬

Going down that road - especially when I am trying to wake up (which takes me several hours) - is a recipe for disaster ... :devilish:

Hope everyone has a decent Sunday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #189,567  
Managed to avoid running over this little fella when I was mowing the front yesterday:
Just missed a prairie kingsnake two weeks ago here. Only one I've seen this year so far. They seem to like our pasture, and occasionally wander into the barn in search of a meal.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,568  
What is your winter fuel up there? Does your supplier blend it #2 and #1 or is it just additives?
I blend my own as that usually ends up being less costly, this past winter was very mild and I was likely over blended at around 60% #2 and 40% #1 with an anti gell at the high dose rate.
I am not sure how the current supplier does it, but with the new supplier it is done at the refinery.
When I refuel my tractor I almost always add 1 ounce of Power Service (white bottle) to every fill up. A quart/Litre of PS in the white bottle will treat 380 L (100 US gallons) I am not so sure I want that going into my furnace tank though. Not sure what it will do to the nozzle in my burner.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,570  
RS, full pics required! The more embarrassing the better (y)

just got home from my closest Quaker Meeting, literally down the street a mile, wonderful small church that smells just like the old wood
in the one I grew up in. 220 years old vs my old 300 year old building.
Went for a presentation regarding planned giving from Friends Fiduciary, investment organization faith based and investing only
in heavily screened companies. Heavy in Nasdaq, thankfully presenter did not go through the 8 page power point presentation I have now sat through easily ten times over the last 20 years. Also sneaking in right after service was the head of school board finance, and she and I work closely together.
She runs the largest bed and breakfast downtown, two of them actually, and said she had 28 people to feed. She cooks the eggs and makes a wonderful home made vanilla yogurt with granola. So she fed all of them and got in just in time for presentation, which
I found helpful. Yes I knew most of it (this is all CFP mandatory knowledge) but I'm getting older and you want the latest info.

folks who want to do some good, and in some ways want to manage their money from their literal grave, can usually designate and restrict
how that inheritance is used.
Very commonplace today are issues of special needs kids and for sure dealing with the universe of addiction.
Maybe a father doesn't trust his ne'er to well sons to do anything but snort his leftover assets.
And maybe that guy is a devote Catholic and wants to give something back that supports his faith.
Most major religions offer these self directed investment paths that 501.c3 regulations support.

as far as bad kids, well I think there are few, and I keep in mind
that Mickey Mantle only hit one out of three.
you have to know how to achieve and you have to know how to fail, hopefully gracefully.
I had every advantage, particularly in education, so important for me to remember an awful
lot of young kids don't get that.

and then they move around and become your neighbor.

clothes changed, headed out to plant coleus and tomatoes on a warm day
no 4's in the ten day, hooray global warming has arrived.......