Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #190,312  
69°F and .11 inches rain
Seems we missed the storm ravages again. Although we did have about 20 minutes of it yesterday.

Very nice Happy Hour. A couple neighbors who live close to hosts invited. Nice to catch up. One, only built a couple years ago has modified the hot water to include electric tank to take advantage of their excess solar production. Claim it saves significantly on expensive propane. Something I have had an interest in.

Continue today on my list of things to get done before we head out on mainland trip. Need to update my reference manual for the house sitters major systems upgrades since last.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #190,314  
68F and cloudy @ 13:00, generally cloudy with a slight chance of a showers this afternoon. Better chance (50%) of rain this evening. Calling for a high of 71F.

Managed to get everything mowed yesterday: front, all down around the house, and the compost/woodlot.

And today I feel like it ... 🤬

Timed mowing the front, was 01:25 and some change. Forgot to do that on the other areas though. Probably at least another hour and a half in those.

Did get the cleaned pre filter put on the old air cleaner for the Cub and get that re-installed. Also topped off the oil which was a little low.

The hour meter is almost at 600 ... will need to change the oil and filter.

Woman made sausage gravy and biscuits using Bob Evan's hot sausage for lunch/dinner, She had some but said it was too hot for Her. I had some for lunch and dinner, still a little bit left for today.

After that She came out and worked on weeding the northwest planting bed for quite a while.

I got the 2 tube feeders refilled after I finished the front, also scattered some for the ground feeders.

Also mixed up another 2 gallons of glyphosate and started filtering that into one of the 1 gallon sprayers.

Later when She came back inside She started cooking some chicken for chicken, biscuits, and gravy ... which had been my original suggestion. She offered the sausage as an alternative and I sure wasn't going to turn that down ... :LOL:

At any rate, it's unclear at this point what's going happen with the chicken.

After dinner I potted up some tomatoes: another 3 Crimson Cushions and 2 Bush Beefsteaks.

But I was pretty tired ... so that was it.

Agenda for today:

Filter more glyphosate, finish refilling sprayer.

Probably change oil and filter on the Cub.

Work on loader lift cylinder rebuild.

Woman just headed out the door for a PT session.

Some of the bearded irises:

IMG_3255 copy.jpg

A peony bloom:

IMG_3254 copy.jpg

First of the Siberian iris blooms:

IMG_3256 copy.jpg

Hope everyone is having a decent Tuesday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #190,315  
Wife got the hummingbird feeder out, and seen one around already.
61 deg and light rain.
voted
went to town, lunch at chipotle. Wife started choking on food and ran outside, she came back in after awhile and was doing better, but she didn't eat. Stopped at Costco for a few things, filled up the mazda, but gas was cheaper elsewhere.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,317  
nice peony RS, pretty red one

woodpecker must have miners in family dna, still going to town on stump
he almost disappears into the holes he's dug, comes up with head all covered with dirt and bits
he picks up small stuff and chucks it to the side like a little excavator working

I'm going to come out soon and find my flower pot swallowed up

1715709714075.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #190,318  
nice peony RS, pretty red one

woodpecker must have miners in family dna, still going to town on stump
he almost disappears into the holes he's dug, comes up with head all covered with dirt and bits
he picks up small stuff and chucks it to the side like a little excavator working

I'm going to come out soon and find my flower pot swallowed up

View attachment 870082
When he gets done with your stump, you send him north aways I have several he could work on :)