Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #28,911  
18 degrees, about as cold as it's gotten, but on our last sunny day for awhile it's going up to 51 today.
Going to cut the rest of my oak tree up, not even in the same league as Windsprd's, man that 's a big oak.
And wonderful firewood. Going vertical Billy?
My 6'3" 280# fireman helper is coming over today and he is just the right guy to move those giant rounds around. I'd love to get the wood splitter out today, though that wood is green so not exactly a rush before next winter. But running that woodsplitter is like zen to me, you get in the groove, and just cruise along happily, smelling the different wood smells as the wood splits open.

Window trimming guys coming today for one last day and the windows will be done. They have been off for three weeks over the holidays, no pay, and they are ready to work. They have to install the last three windows and then they are done and out of here. Boy will I be glad. Then only the bedroom and bathroom to finish and I have my new home to myself, after more than four months.

While they are banging away today I'm going to play with that oak tree and maybe do a little tree trimming with my new cordless saw. Nice piece of equipment, and very disappointingly every bit as heavy as my smaller Echo 2 cycle. Big motor and big battery simply weighs a bunch.... The chain is fascinating, totally different since it has a stone sharpener built into the mechanism. The chain is kinda prickly to install, the points are super sharp and like little daggers, different angle for sure. I can't wait to see what kind of chips it spits out. I guess what I really should have bought is a Tanaka trimming saw, now that would be light.
I ran my 600 Echo for an hour and could hardly move my shoulder the next day. Man did that eat that oak, and hopefully today we will polish it off. Well, we meaning I'll be supervising and my very large friend will wield that big saw like a toy. Oh to be young again....:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_1302.JPG
    IMG_1302.JPG
    462.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #28,912  
My sincere thanks to all for your observations on my pending marriage...my soon-to-be-better-half read them all and she was laughing and laughing at them, ESPECIALLY the pressure washer jokes...and just FYI she recently had cataract surgery done on both eyes so maybe hiding her glasses will not be an option for me...

20 degrees here now and light wind, there is about 4" of new snow on the ground. I have plowed a path 900' feet back to the end of my property to my brushpile, going to the local township hall early tomorrow to (hopefully) get a burn permit...will post pics of the blaze should I light it off. This pile is easily the biggest and most compacted one I have ever had.

Have a great day, all.

/ Good morning!!!! #28,913  
Need to get coffee pot brewing. 55° with overcast skies. Heading to 71° with clouds changing to partly sunny in the afternoon. Going to continue waxing sections of motorhome this afternoon. Maybe watch a little football.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #28,914  
9 heading to 43 and is last day in the forecast without some type of sleet/freezing rain/snow until Friday.

Dave, yummy...pizza pix on the way. Did you say you can order their dough over the internet?

With the frozen precip coming, I finished off my oak yesterday. I always feel sad when one of our trees dies, and this one was much older than me. But I'm glad to be the one cremating it. :)

I don't think it can be bought online. The subsidiary company "It'll Be Pizza" handles their dough sales to distributors and grocers in the Northeast. I buy the dough at our local Hannaford grocery store. Portland Pie has 6-8 restaurant locations, that is their original business.

Links - It

/ Good morning!!!! #28,915  
9F high upper teens.
Not much plan for today just putter day...might check game cameras SD cards late afternoon.

Enjoy the day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #28,916  
31 this morning and headed to 37 today. Rain forecast for overnight into tomorrow. Guess today's the day to put out hay as to not fight mud. Other than that and taking care of birds not a lot going on. So will see if wife wants to run to bass pro shop and let me return a scope with a cracked base. Bought one for my .22 first scope base never would tighten then noticed the crack opening.

Dave keep us updated on the pizza progress. Looking forward to pictures.

/ Good morning!!!! #28,917  
11 out right now, sun is up. Glad of that. I think the work week will be at least 10 degrees warmer than the low singles we have been seeing.

Plan on working on some more fence lines, and taking the x-Mas lights down off the spruce in the front. It is always fun getting them up, and more fun getting them down. I think it was the last year I will do lights on that tree. It has grown and I just don't have enough strands to make it look like I want it to look.

Have a great day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #28,918  
24 lots of sun high of 42 later today. Son has gone back to school kinda quiet now. Light rain tonight thru Thursday maybe a mix here and there then January thaw highs in 50s for a while with some 40s mixed in probably thru end of January. Watch some football that's about it

/ Good morning!!!! #28,919  
Big football playoff weekend. Hope your teams win unless your team is the packers. :)
Monday night is the college playoff. Ohio State vs. Oregon
Who you got?

/ Good morning!!!! #28,920  
10 this morning we have heat wave,the Animals wont know how to act.We will have a high of 17 today.I am going to watch the Packers today.