Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!!
#28,921  
Hoping the pizza comes out ok!! We are going to drop off our recycling stuff, then to TSC for birdseed. Breakfast was eggs, with spinach and mushrooms. Lunch will probably sandwiches, and dinner is ?

Have a good one, guys!

/ Good morning!!!! #28,922  
Good morning! The fire lives. I went out in the cold drizzle yesterday and got only the first layer of clothes soaked while downing and splitting two dead oaks.
37˚, cloudy, and everything is soaked from the 1.4" rain last night!
WBS only heat, inside 70˚.

/ Good morning!!!! #28,923  
62°F and .16 inches rain last 24 hours.

Brunch with friends this morning.

Glad to see the Patriots pull it out, hoping they go all the way.
May get the golf cart put back together this afternoon, may watch some football.

Be safe
Have a great day.

UIActivityIndicatorViewStyleStatusBar.7@2x.png

/ Good morning!!!! #28,925  
A whopping 30 degrees here! T-shirt time. I'll ask you guys one more time" why is dogwood worth a lot of money?"

/ Good morning!!!! #28,926  
HEY GUYS....can we begin posting the threads about eating in Larro Darro's "What's for Dinner" instead of here? His thread is beginning to taper off and he can use the input there. OH BOY, ain't this about the kind of post you can expect from the master postwhore here....?

/ Good morning!!!! #28,927  
A whopping 30 degrees here! T-shirt time. I'll ask you guys one more time" why is dogwood worth a lot of money?"

Because of the bark...? :laughing: Actually dogwood has very high density and the heat value is one of the highest. Hickory is one of the the hardest woods and the heat value is commonly 100, and dogwood is a shade harder and has a heat value of 100-107.

WOOF, WOOF, WOOF.....

/ Good morning!!!! #28,928  
Because of the bark...? :laughing: Actually dogwood has very high density and the heat value is one of the highest. Hickory is one of the the hardest woods and the heat value is commonly 100, and dogwood is a shade harder and has a heat value of 100-107.

WOOF, WOOF, WOOF.....

Thanks JD

/ Good morning!!!! #28,929  

WOOF, WOOF, WOOF.....
:thumbsup:

well said, I was thinking hickory for baseball bats too.
take two pieces of two inch dogwood branch and bang them together and you get a real deep clunk.
Hard, hard wood. And it just burns so nicely in the fire, with some pops along the way.
Ash is pretty good too but not fun to split.

so, no value in that sense, but wonderful firewood.