Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #102,861  
I never had oyster dressing (yet).

I spent this beautiful day prepping for whatever may come snow-wise. Luckily I did start the tractor today and discovered that the frozen throttle cable had decided to re-adjust itself. Readjustments were made and I sprayed the cable tensioning connectors and cable with silicone spray hopefully to rid the cable of water. Both my front R-1’s are in need of replacement; no inner tube coming out of the splitting sidewalls yet.

I hope that everyone is having a decent Saturday.

/ Good morning!!!! #102,862  
Jay, do you have weight on the front? New R1's will help you in the winter in 4wd with deeper and more modern tread.
Or you can be seriously high tech and add siping like a bunch of folks in the North have here.
I think I'd rather sipe than have to deal with chains. If those old tires fail while using in the snow, you are not going to be
a happy camper. Your Mother.

Since I don't have a plow and sure not going to drag a blade down the paved driveway, no tractor play for me. If it didn't melt right away, I'd get
some kind of power brush to do it. But with radial R1s and 4wd engaged, plus diff lock, should keep you going. Unless you bury it or a drift eats you.
I bought a cheap electric snowblower last year, yet to use it. At least nothing to maintain on it at all.

Got the tree in the stand, watered, and taking a break. I'm missing a whole box of tree lights. I found the box of "bad" lights, of course ones with only part of the lights coming on. More digging around to do.

51 degrees in clouds, rain returning after dinner.

/ Good morning!!!! #102,863  
"... But with radial R1s and 4wd engaged, plus diff lock, should keep you going. Unless you bury it or a drift eats you."- Drew- Thanks Mom. :cool::) Getting buried and drift eaten happened a lot with my old SCUT Ford 1100; I can not say that it has not happened with the NH even with the 4WD and DL engaged. :rolleyes: All I have for frontend weight is the FEL. R-1's are not the ideal for FEL work, but I like the R-1's traction. The ones that I currently have are 6 ply and have tubes. This next pair will be my 3rd set. The tire service 4 miles up the road will see my business (again) this coming week. I "should" get through this snow event. I think 6 ply is the best that I can expect in R-1's. The gravel driveway is frozen so I really do not need to worry about divits. ;)

I had chains on my old Ford 1100. They were a PITA with which to deal.

I have an electric "power shovel" for the roof sometimes the deck, but it is limited as to it handles deep snow.

Good luck with the light search.

/ Good morning!!!! #102,864  
Now I can breath easy. You can’t score enough points on TTUN.

I got my replacement truck cover delivered.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #102,865  
28 deg and clear night snow and freezing rain heading in. Last report that it is going to be warmer than first expected so more rain and freezing rain for Sunday sloppy driving conditions.

Looking yes absolutely crazy! Sorry to read about your loss like Randy I'm also counting on the Rainbow Bridge.
Billy hope that Coco is healing after the run in.
Don, Drew and BEF I'm sure it's good to be home after your holiday trips.
BEF most people don't realize how common a disease MS is. My wife was diagnosed and fortunately it has not progressed in several years. Prayers for SIL
Drew nice photos and great neighbors I'm sure they think highly of you it shows by their actions.
Great pics everyone.

/ Good morning!!!! #102,867  
28 deg and clear night snow and freezing rain heading in. Last report that it is going to be warmer than first expected so more rain and freezing rain for Sunday sloppy driving conditions.

Looking yes absolutely crazy! Sorry to read about your loss like Randy I'm also counting on the Rainbow Bridge.
Billy hope that Coco is healing after the run in.
Don, Drew and BEF I'm sure it's good to be home after your holiday trips.
BEF most people don't realize how common a disease MS is. My wife was diagnosed and fortunately it has not progressed in several years. Prayers for SIL
Drew nice photos and great neighbors I'm sure they think highly of you it shows by their actions.
Great pics everyone.

Are you in souther ct? I’m in MA and they are saying we will be getting all snow!

/ Good morning!!!! #102,868  
Good evening all. 56F for the start, partly cloudy, light breeze. Wind picked up from west, sky cleared, and high temp of 65F. Bike ride this morning, nap this afternoon. Choir sang at POA tree lighting ceremony. Did not finish outside lights should get that done tomorrow. Also have to work hard to 6K miles for year on bike again.
Roy sounds tough being away from home when stuff to do.
Drew, hope you get back on normal biorhythms soon.
Phil may your snow blower not get clogged :)
Billy, glad Coco has skunk shampoo and is ok, good luck with skunk.
Ron nice neighbors to bring you leftovers!!
RNG good luck with fuel pump and glove box cleaning!!
Randy hope you get your chores done so you can have your procedure;)
Welcome ramman666 :welcome:
Buckeye, the thing about updating maps is the newer maps have different errors to keep you on your toes :confused2:
David condolences. We did live ball trees for 4 or 5 years, 3 lived long term, one got torn up in ice storm.
Jay, hope your front tires make it. did your 1100 have 4WD?
Hope all in NE get through storm without serious problems.
prayers for all

/ Good morning!!!! #102,869  
BEF- “Eternity is a ham and two people”- Dorothy Parker. (BTDT) :rolleyes: 24 out of 36 family members getting together to celebrate anything is pretty awesome :cool: The food reads to be great eats. :cool: I am so sorry to read about your SIL. My + thoughts and prayers for her, your Brother, and the rest of family. I helped manage an MS unit. I never felt so powerless. I hope and pray every day that research finds a way to treat and/or even better cure all neurodegenerative diseases in my lifetime. Ice cold apple cider is one of my favorite nonalcoholic beverages;)

The only sanity I question around here is my own. :rolleyes:

Had a good laugh at that one J. Y'all stay warm. 85F high here today. We had to turn on the A/C to dry out the moisture in the house.

BEF, you made me laugh too...Glad you're able to drive more.

Welcome Ramman. When I first saw your handle, I thought of raman noodles.....had to do a double take.

Ron, good neighbors are hard to beat. My neighbors in Cedar Park were so great, we went on vacations together, multiple times.

The first time I ate mutton, it had been sloooow pit smoked, like a brisket. It was delicious. I've had not so delicious since.

Local High School football team lost their 3rd round playoff game.

Went to hometown Victoria, Tx, did honeydoos for my mom a bit. Went to friends house in country, south of town, and hit the gold mine jackpot.
IMG_20191130_120056455.jpg
IMG_20191130_120042657.jpgIMG_20191130_120703410.jpg
Lemon tree and my friend has some nice toys.

/ Good morning!!!! #102,870  
Morning all, sitting having coffee waiting for the storm to pass, looks like we will end up with close to 12 inches, took these pics a while ago. This is my south deck and roof and the wind is out of the north so I can’t wait to see what the driveway looks like later.
25979930-3296-4741-BB1C-78B4C694AA34.jpg

B0027BB7-03D4-498D-B60C-BA9B730027CF.jpg