Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #140,901  
39° low, 54° now, headed to 60° with sunny skies.
Had a busy day yesterday, missed church, cooked a large crockpot of vegetable beef soup and made biscuits to feed the 14 people that helped move my wife’s piano home, or just showed up for a free dinner. Quite the monstrosity but she seems happy, was playing it at 6:30 this morning. She didn’t close the cover last night and the two cats were wrestling on the keyboard about 2:30 this morning. I liked her electric keyboard much better due to its size, but her dad is selling the farm so we had to take it.
I need to get the MMM off the Massey and service it and put it away until spring. I’ve got to get the sprayer tractor out and spray some areas if I can catch a mild calm day.
My stepdaughter was here last night and as usual, didn’t miss the opportunity to throw a self pity party.
That makes three in the last four weeks. It must be bad to need that much attention. Some hack therapist has diagnosed her with Borderline Personality Disorder, which most real doctors don’t even recognize as a real condition, but think it’s likely PTSD from the death of her dad six years ago after a long battle with brain cancer. That seems more realistic.
Rant over.

Have a good day folks.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,902  
41°F and clear skies this morning, going up to 73° today.

Nice weather here all weekend. Got the chicken coop floor repaired on Saturday. Got most of the fallen sticks and branches picked up, and burned some of them on an existing pile from earlier in the summer.

Slept until after 9am Sunday. Wife and I have both been fighting a head cold since about Wednesday. Poor sleep finally caught up with us. She watched the boy's girlfriend's daughter again the previous weekend, and she was sick again. Wife spent much of the day in and out of bed. I spent it picking up the remaining tree debris, then mowing everything. It wasn't too tall or thick, so it went a little faster, about 5 hours. Still had some daylight left, so I took the line trimmer for one last walk around the fenced yard, the ditch by the road, the hill along the driveway, and the pond and swale. Started around the barn and headed back into the pasture to go around the inside of the fence. Got about halfway along one side when the line broke. Since I was starting to run out of daylight by then, I called it a day.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,903  
My stepdaughter was here last night and as usual, didn’t miss the opportunity to throw a self pity party.
... It must be bad to need that much attention.
I feel for you, Randy. My Wife has been enduring that from her brother lately, too. It's not bad enough that she has real stress from their father's situation, now he feels the need to try to make it all about him and how terrible his life is. Some people just want to be the center of all attention, I guess.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,904  
66°F and .19 inches rain.

Slow, easy day yesterday. I did get the two base cabinets repaired/glued up. Will be ready to put together and installed today.

Zoom happy Hour this afternoon.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #140,905  
59F and sunny @ 11:45, headed up to a high of 66F.

Slow to get rolling this morning: The Woman found a sci-fi series on Prime last night - "The Expanse" - she didn't make it through the first episode before heading off to bed, I ended up watching the entire first season ... :LOL:

Good series.

Plants are calling my name.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe Monday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #140,906  
Slow to get rolling this morning: The Woman found a sci-fi series on Prime last night - "The Expanse" - she didn't make it through the first episode before heading off to bed, I ended up watching the entire first season ... :LOL:

Good series.
Started watching that a couple years ago...just never got into it...
Just finished a marathon viewing of a TV series, "Manifest", on Netflix. It was pretty engrossing...

Thinking about watching Babylon 5 (got the series on DVD) again...cold weather is a good time to catch up on old series

/ Good morning!!!! #140,907  
Good Morning
It’s 42 and supposed to warm up to 65 with clear skies. A good day to finish outside chores.

Yesterday went well, all things considered. Had a nice visit with kids, and even got a little cleaning up done. But the high point was that I actually am able to recover data from my failed Hard Disk using DMDE Software. I restored a few folders yesterday, and tested the recovered data. So I set it loose on a much larger data set overnight. I‘ll be curious to see if it all restored.

Today, after I check on the recovery effort, I’ve got to find a new place to get rid of my waste oil. I’ve got about 30 gallons in 5 gallon pails, and a few machines that are ready for oil changes. I used to take it to a local auto repair shop the heated with it, but the new owners don’t trust any “outside oil”.

Glad DMDE worked, I haven’t heard of that one.
We can take used oil to landfill, they have a tank. Which reminds me, I have about 10 gallons to take.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #140,908  
Saw a bald eagle on way to church yesterday evening. It flew from some roadkill and landed in nearby tree, didn’t get a picture. Right before I saw it, a deer was on the road, so we were focused on it at first.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,909  
50F cloudless sky.

Well the PT job going to be interesting. ;)
Able to mark off another on the things to do list :) Mrs. added 2 more tho. :rolleyes:
No plans for the evening just dinner feet up good movie.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,910  
Also interested in the DMDE recovery software. Is it a subscription one.? A link would be appreciated. EDIT Found it thanks.
Ordered a Trail / security cam. Took lots of research to find a good one. Most are overpriced for what you get.
I found a WIFi bluetooth one that takes 4K video and 30 megapixel photos ans also has live view for less than some other basic cams. It only uses 8 batteries whereas most use 12, and batteries last 12 months. Then I found that the Police use these ones as well so that clinched it. I figured that they would have done a lot of research before they purchased a bulk lot.
It was only about AU$ 240 from memory.
Lots of creatures around at night so keen to see the result when it arrives.

Doug

Last edited: