Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #144,381  
Had to send my wife outside for some detective work to find an Amazon delivery. Amazon said delivered. UPS said delivered to front door.
My security cameras had no pictures of it. Driveway camera had no pictures of anyone coming.
Wife went to look in mailbox, coming back she saw package laying in a flower planter out near the road. Some front door delivery.

/ Good morning!!!! #144,382  
Covid update: Cooke 5137 confirmed cases, Montague 3398 confirmed cases, Grayson, 20096 confirmed cases. Cooke 27, Montague 107, Grayson 246, new cases.
When everything is Covid, nothing is Covid.

Hope everyone has a great healthy, happy day: CV, colds, flu and any other ailments free!

/ Good morning!!!! #144,383  
-txdon asked, "Bird do the covid test have an expiration date."

Don, the EverlyWell home collection kit boxes have "EXP 11-10-2023" on the end of each box. The BDVeritor At Home COVID-19 Test boxes are labelled 2022-06-01 on the outside (date made or shipped maybe?") and individual packets inside are labelled 09-23-2023 which I assume is the expiration date.

/ Good morning!!!! #144,384  
Wishing many many more hand in hand Mr.Mrs. Buppies. :)

/ Good morning!!!! #144,386  
Brisk morning -5F now 32F cloudy....times running out for January thaw.

On the job went well today even better when owner said he hire person to help me out starting Thursday. :)
Not much plan for the evening...feet up dinner feet up pillow time early.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #144,387  
They say splitting is the fastest way to dry firewood and some who are really keen split anything above 4" in diameter.
Our woodburners can swallow quite large logs, so I am content (lazy) to simply leave anything up to 9" diameter for an extra year or two on the woodpile. How about everyone else, at what point do you decide to swing a maul or fire up the log splitter ?
I did some reading here and on other forums when I first got the wood stove and started splitting wood. I wanted to stay warm, but I also didn't want creosote build up in the flue. Dry wood was a key component of that, and 2" - 3" split cross sections are one way to get it in a year or less. The splits also get a bit heavy when they go much over that, making them more work on the back when bending over to pick them up. The result is a hot fire that burns fairly quickly, but that heats the stove to a pretty high temperature so it stays warm long after the flames have died to glowing coals. I still run a brush through the flue every year, but I've yet to see any ash fall back into the stove. And the only creosote I've noticed is at the very upper end of the flue pipe, and even there, it's so thin I don't worry about it. Here we are almost ten years later, and I think I'll keep doing it that way...

/ Good morning!!!! #144,388  
Where can I get me a pair of them gloves? What kind of insults do they throw out there?
I suggest going to your friendly local BMW motorcycle boutique, er, dealer. They'll sell you some high tech wonder glove that won't even come close to meeting all the selling points, then insult the heck of your wallet when you go to pay for it. Then you can insult the dealer when you go back and complain, and get insulted back by BMW North America after the dealer tells you to go pound sand.

DAMHIKT...

/ Good morning!!!! #144,389  
It got up into the mid 40s today, almost felt like Spring. We had quite a lot of melting.

Did you guys see this video?
You gota love winter.

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #144,390  
IMG_0601.JPG

77 degrees beautiful day to hike.
Trail by the covered golf course green to keep it green as the temps plunge into the twenties tonight.

Last edited: