Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,951  
89F light breeze.

8 hours at job other than that keeping low and cool,this evening after dinner maybe 2 popsicles while setting on the deck waiting for critters and stars.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,952  
Big storm none at home got hot 93 a little more Texas heat coming our way Hurricanes will come late August thru November mainly east coast variety very little if any on gulf coast but I am hearing about a really rough winter we shall see but the main drivers are there

/ Good morning!!!! #153,953  
Bear again Thomas skeleton Halloween decoration looks like the ticket for me she bumps it it’s game on

/ Good morning!!!! #153,954  
wasn't this supposed to be an active hurricane season? WHERE ARE THEY!

be careful what you ask for...
one inch of rain every Wednesday night would be nice right?
Actually I think the only ones that would not welcome a tropical disturbance would be the Texas beach house owners.

We are getting close to 60 - 100˚ days this year and according to Buppies we will easily beat the record of 91 days unless we can attract a lingering tropical depression.

Wednesday and Thursday are suppose to be our ultra days of heat when warnings will be issued. Temps expected in the 106˚ range. I just saw where our town has banned home car washing but not at commercial car washes. I can't figure out how that saves water. My water hose cuts off when the handle is not squeezed and last time I washed the truck the rinse water never made it down my short driveway. This has actually been in effect for 2 weeks and a quick memory check confirmed I did not do a violation wash.

Got to go, the news headline is "New central Texas water restrictions".

/ Good morning!!!! #153,955  
My understanding is that almost all automatic car washes recycle their water Don. It's one reason it smells a little funky...
But what we used to call "quarter" car washes, which now cost many dollars just to turn the things on, all that water likely goes down the floor drain.

106 degrees is nuts, that's Death Valley weather
sure hope your power stays on and pets are ok

/ Good morning!!!! #153,956  
Good late (Tuesday) morning. A very blustery night, however the Low was only 10C. Rain from yesterday left 1.7mm in the gauge. It's presently 14C, calm and clear.

Just a few small twigs/branch-ends down from the wind, but I'll need to make a 'patrol' around the property to make sure.

Missed a call from our Minister (the one whom I'm manning the Church Shed for) yesterday, but did catch his call this morning. He's back from his vacation and the Church's 'forwarded' number has been switched from my mobile. I'll meet up with him tomorrow @1000 to brief him on what's gone on whilst he's been away... plus, probably, load my ute up with the two 'dumped' armchairs and take them to the tip.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,957  
Good evening. We had 2 back to back storms come across, dropped 3/4" in about an hour. Still sprinkling, so maybe a little more in the gauge. Lost power a couple times, but only for a few seconds.

Timing was perfect for the storms.... I got the planters filled with the tractor, then decided to move my stockpile of dirt to a more convenient spot, plus that will clear the area where more gravel is going. The dirt pile was right in the middle of our proposed 'turn around' for the drive.

9B704757-7A18-4537-9C95-9E97DA39E368.jpeg842A3E37-A3A4-466B-BBF9-262DAB515754.jpeg

I was surprised that they took 2 packed buckets to fill, so essentially 2/3 of a yard in each. The dirt pile took a lot longer to move, about 20 bucketfuls. I'm guessing about 6 yards left in the pile.

It was nice to get some seat time doing something constructive. Tomorrow, I'll switch hats and become a mechanic.... did some research for parts to fix the Jeep, about $500 worth. Need to take it apart to make sure no hidden damage before I order everything.

Grilled some boneless center cut chops on the grill, accompanied by grilled 'taters and corn. Time to go share some ice cream with Max.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,958  
in the last 24 hrs ... two baby chicks are hanging out in the coop. :) :) they are protected by a pair of momma hens. the chicks are both black, one hen is white and one hen is brown, it will make for a cool photo tomorrow, if I can get one.

taking a break from the bookkeeping, made some progress today

it was a provincial holiday in Canada today - I stayed home, too much to do

I hope that everyone is healthy and happy, prayers continue

/ Good morning!!!! #153,959  
Good evening all. 82ºF for the start, overcast, light breeze, trace rain in rain gauge. light wind, gusts up to 20, period of drizzle in morning, clearing sky in afternoon, high temp was 98ºF, HI 101ºF. Bike ride in morning, mowed back after lunc, then had nap. Grilled brats for dinner.
Buppies sorry so little rain.
Doug Sounds like a fun 1 1/2 days.
Randy thanks for the explanation. I was trying to make it some kind of holiday.
Scaredy I thought you had a bunch of eggs to hatch
Doug guilty as sin :)
Drew nice rain. hope you get the blood work done. Congrats on weight loss. Good to hear no alligator bite.
Buppies hope you get more rain.
Dennis really nice rain. hope mowing goes well.
Billy hope you enjoyed you conserve energy day.
Buppies not seeing anything to break the pattern either.
Paul gret pic and story. Hope meeting with FAA went well. and pressure washer worked with problem.
Don our average temp drops to 93ºF by end of August, wife and I laughed at that. Hope your lawn has it to last till tomorrow.
Drew nice tomatoes, sorry about the noise.
Drew we need the hurricanes to move out the entrenched high pressure that keeps us so hot.
Ken hope the spraying helps, glad dog cooperated a bit.
RNG congrats on new bike, looks nice. Hope you find phone cable with creating problems.
Drew did not realize tree was in power lines. Glad it did not take tem long.
PJ glad heat will leave soon. nice story about blanket. We looked at moving the business from Grand and Broadway to St Charles county, the larger punch presses would be down for weeks during move. The only way to justify cost was no expansion at current location, business dropped 20 % and plans scrapped.
Ted hope you can get planters filled. Hope the start o the jeep will bring help :)
David pic does not look good, glad no rain during recovery. And the tales gets better each retelling :)
RS nice neighbor cleaned up manure for you as well. sorry to hear about young neighbor's grandfather.
David nice story
RNG too bad bike may not ready to ride. That's what you need, another project :)
Buppies hope you have trail cam on bear vs skeleton :)
Don when I wash cars, I park on the lawn so water not wasted :)
Drew thanks for info on car wash. Fortunately we only get to 103ºF :)
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid,/mom's breathing, /learning new job, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, /fire nearby, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL Covid /son's heart issues, /pneumonia and not posting, Roy /palpitations, /angina , Billy /wife back & hip, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /3 new skin cancer spots and treatment, /wife knee healing, Thomas/gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery/retirement, / passing out issues, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife's hospital stay, /torn bicep, Ken /kids shot tragedy, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, /cataract surgery, /Sophie's hand infection, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /wife not feeling well, /marriage, / frind stop drinking, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /retirement plans / brother "alligallyitus" and improving, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, mass shooting victims and family, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,960  
RNG - nice bike (sometimes I wish that I could ride) ... perhaps a trike one day. Is Drive & Tow an option ?

We have a real chore trying to register any vehicle from out of the Province of BC. Not worth the hassle, inspection etc, so now I buy vehicles that are already registered in the Province. Oddly, almost any other Province can accept a BC vehicle basically hassle free.

daugen - dropping a tree is an artform (that skill I do not have)

PJSprog - I used to have a lengthy commute also, don't miss that at all. Now my commute is about 30 feet, from office to coffee pot :) . A weighted blanket has been suggested for me, but I can't stand it.

sodamo - that's a tractor owie, but I hope that it is an easy fix for Keith

rswyan - sounds like a busy day, lots to do. sorry to hear that the grandfather is struggling

mostly_gas - the egg hatching struggle has occurred all Spring / Summer. The incubator was not reliable, so poor results there, so far. There are several broody hens still, on a few eggs each. The hatch dates are staggered, so the next few days to a week, will be important. This year the hens are doing a better job than the incubator.

that's about all the excitement for now