Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,001  
Good Morning.
It’s already 75, going past 90 with no clouds or rain.

Yesterday kept me fairly busy, put the new pressure washer to work, washed the standby generator which was pretty dirty, had algae or moss on it, while doing that, noticed the enclosed trailer parked nearby was just as grungy.

IMG_9370.jpg

Now they look reasonably clean. I got a foam cannon to use with it, and I’m pretty impressed, it puts out a lot of thick soap foam, a quick scrub with a long-handled brush and it’s clean.

IMG_9369.jpg

It’s amazing how much foam a couple of ounces of soap can make.

On the way back to the shop, I noticed the propane tank was just as nasty, and was being taken over by vegetation. A quick visit from the string trimmer and hedge trimmers quickly filled the dump bed of the carryall. A quick soaping, scrub and rinse with the pressure washer made it look decent again.

IMG_9371.jpg

If you look at the bottom of the tank, you can see what it looked like before, as I missed the bottom parts.

I actually had the ambition to wash my car which looks much better. Like the propane tank,I did miss a few spots, but it does show how much cleaner the rest is!

By the time I was finished it was uncomfortably hot and past lunch time. So I went out to lunch, and spent the rest of the afternoon inside putting things away appreciating the air conditioning.

The new Mitsubishi mini split heat pump for the shop should arrive later this week, that will be next weeks project. Presently there is a propane furnace with a conventional heat pump coil, and a Sanyo mini split system that is just AC. I’m leaving everything in place, just replacing the Sanyo system which has a SEER rating of 10 with one that has a 22 rating. The mini split primarily does the second floor, but does a good job keeping the whole building reasonably comfortable. I keep the thermostat on the main heat pump at 80, so it helps as necessary to keep the first floor from getting uncomfortable.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,002  
Popgadget, I can just see you wandering around with that foam gun thinking, what can I do next?

interesting that all the pro car detailers use a foam gun to start, so no grinding grit into paint.

turns out the memorial plaques I cleaned this morning are Barre granite, not metal, so I scrubbed and scrubbed and a ton of gunk came off.
I was thinking how that Ryobi scrubber would have been the cats meow here. Used specialized granite cleaner made for headstones.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,003  
Rich, quite a lot going on. Sorry about car troubles. And what was the problem with the nutcase at the campgrounds? Did he work there or was he on something?

/ Good morning!!!! #154,004  
Good Morning.
It’s already 75, going past 90 with no clouds or rain.

Yesterday kept me fairly busy, put the new pressure washer to work, washed the standby generator which was pretty dirty, had algae or moss on it, while doing that, noticed the enclosed trailer parked nearby was just as grungy.

View attachment 756808

Now they look reasonably clean. I got a foam cannon to use with it, and I’m pretty impressed, it puts out a lot of thick soap foam, a quick scrub with a long-handled brush and it’s clean.

View attachment 756809

It’s amazing how much foam a couple of ounces of soap can make.

On the way back to the shop, I noticed the propane tank was just as nasty, and was being taken over by vegetation. A quick visit from the string trimmer and hedge trimmers quickly filled the dump bed of the carryall. A quick soaping, scrub and rinse with the pressure washer made it look decent again.

View attachment 756810

If you look at the bottom of the tank, you can see what it looked like before, as I missed the bottom parts.

I actually had the ambition to wash my car which looks much better. Like the propane tank,I did miss a few spots, but it does show how much cleaner the rest is!

By the time I was finished it was uncomfortably hot and past lunch time. So I went out to lunch, and spent the rest of the afternoon inside putting things away appreciating the air conditioning.

The new Mitsubishi mini split heat pump for the shop should arrive later this week, that will be next weeks project. Presently there is a propane furnace with a conventional heat pump coil, and a Sanyo mini split system that is just AC. I’m leaving everything in place, just replacing the Sanyo system which has a SEER rating of 10 with one that has a 22 rating. The mini split primarily does the second floor, but does a good job keeping the whole building reasonably comfortable. I keep the thermostat on the main heat pump at 80, so it helps as necessary to keep the first floor from getting uncomfortable.

I just watched an “outdoors with the Morgan’s “ episode where he used a foam cannon. I almost bought one. Probably will now. What type of soap did you use on the generator?

I have someone coming next week to give me price to install a generator like that. I will also need propane tank. I think it will be more than I want to pay, though.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,005  
74°F and clear skies this morning, going up to 96° today.

It was a pleasant 84° with a slight breeze when I got home from work yesterday, so I hopped on the zt and got about half of the mowing done, everything from the road back to the barn. Sun had already set by the time I'd finished the front yard (first time I've mowed there in a month). If the predicted rains/storms miss us today, I'll try to get the pasture mowed tonight after work. Gonna be a hot one, though.

Bummer about the campground experience, Rich. Have to wonder what some people are thinking sometimes.

Good morning, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,006  
69F clear sky mid 80's for high lot less humidly....until tomorrow.

Nice ride to work early morn :) 4 1/2 hours pt. job than 2 critter stops for food,this afternoom indeed nap and looking forward.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,007  
Ken...wishing you many many more trips around the sun. :)

/ Good morning!!!! #154,008  
Thank you all for the birthday wishes, really great.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,009  
Sorry to hear about your experience with the AMA, Rich. We showed up a day early at a BMW rally several years ago, were allowed in to set up camp, and went into town for dinner. A little Napolean wouldn't let us back in because we hadn't registered yet (registration hadn't even opened yet). I settled the matter by offering to summon the police so that I could get my belongings back, and the idot backed off. I pass on big BMW rallies now, too.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,010  
Good Morning Everyone,

checking in quickly, before the day gets too crazy, once again I am behind on this thread, but reading through it tells me that the world is still spinning and I'll be ok.

Happy Belated Birthday Ken

The baby chicks are doing fine, but hiding under momma. I will try for a photo again. Amazing to watch them as they are taught how / where / what the food is. I find that fascinating. So far they are undesturbed (at least by me) in a corner of the coop. The 2 hens are protective.

I did a dump run yesterday, all was fine until I got weighed out at the scale. Computer had to be re-booted. In 21 years, I have had lots of dump runs averaging the $5 min, to about $12 maximum when loaded down. The load was light ... few garbage bags, bit of spent cardboard that could not be recycled. I figured it would be the $5 as it was 2 weeks ago. Cost by weight yesterday was $22. What ? I've NEVER had to pay that much before for household garbage. I asked at the scale, was getting nowhere, traffic backing up. I paid the $22 and left, with the receipt. Trouble is they trust the scale information, and my proof that it was a lighter load is already scattered around in the bin. I called the Regional District and asked if the scale was out ? They are checking into it. I think that perhaps I put 50 kgs into the landfill bins (about 100 lbs), ... but I was billed for 275 kgs (605 lbs) according to scaled weight. My in /out time was both at 3:12 PM, though I was there for about 25 minutes. I'm sure that this will get figured out soon enough, but the attitude on site was stupid. Oh well ... maybe I get a voucher. Either that or, they agree with the billing and assume that a strong, physically challenged, 50 yrs + man was able to singlehandedly remove 600 pounds of garbage from truck with canopy in about 10 min of time at the bin. :) Superman.

Patiently waiting for wife's return home.

I'm eager for sister in law to move out ... will take some time

More bookkeeping to do when I get home from town. Salvation Army scraps run later this morning, then delivery of eggs. Lunch with a friend - time to catch up. Temperatures are a reasonable mid 90s F now. I need to get going now though, cheers.

A mile from my wife’s sister’s house when she was going to MD, a part (she thought it looked like a transmission support) fell out from underneath another vehicle. She couldn’t avoid it. $8,100 in damage to her Mini. Both front wishbones, steering rack, 2 tires, 2 wheels being the major damage. The insurance company is being complete jerks about the claim. She is paying for it as the insurance company won’t return calls or emails. My local agent is frustrated. Told them Monday I wanted quotes to get rid of this company. Probably gonna kick the agent to the curb as well. I am getting other quotes from other agents.
I hope that this gets sorted out properly. That's crazy.