Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,012  
81F and sunny @ 11:00, HI 84F. Calling for a high of around 93F or 94F with only a 1% chance rain. Better chances (24%) this evening of a stray shower or thunderstorm.

Starting tomorrow we enter a 6 day period where we've got reasonably decent chances (50%) of rain on a daily basis.

Not sure about agenda for today.

Seems like this afternoon might be a good time to work on welding those pieces for the Kubota operator station floor/deck in the AC up in the shop.

Not real keen about the prospect of Yellowjackets being attracted to the light from the arc of the welder and buzzing around inside my helmet though.

May have to look around and see if we have a can of wasp spray and dose them before I go up there.

Need to do some watering around back before it gets too hot out.

Maybe take a stab at getting some spraying done.

May do some more soil screening and or transporting screened material down to the garden.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #154,013  
Good morning to all! Low of 64°, going up to 87°, good chance of T-storms.

Just as sunset was starting, there were 3 small storms strategically around us. Only one got close enough to provide a few sprinkles, but didn't add much to the gauge. It did provide a colorful sky all around, including a rainbow from horizon to horizon. Started forming a 'double'. There was also a pretty spectacular lightning display.

4A6037A1-219A-4494-9726-B66DC13D9F92.jpegB3B388F4-A8F7-433B-B3A1-8B28ED67C77C.jpeg0066B2CE-6D91-47BC-B7B6-31ED2116E6BB.jpeg3B39DDFC-8089-4873-9C20-75860B7DB0BD.jpeg

....and a couple of the rainbow:

A4614359-4CC9-4550-9350-80B83B45EDAD.jpeg1804331B-A73C-4D2C-8D98-F5835C9A08B8.jpeg29678639-2851-4F6B-88C3-81B32A4B316B.jpeg

I'm surprised that the colors of the rainbow really didn't show up all that well.

Today's agenda may include putting some plants in those planters.... have to see if the wifey wants to tackle it today. Maybe just a couple.....

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,014  
... I pass on big BMW rallies now, too.
I only ever went to one big BMW rally. Way too much crazy riding going on around that place. Browsed around the site for a few hours, went on one group ride, then went back home. Not for me, either.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,015  
I almost bought one. Probably will now. What type of soap did you use on the generator?.

The foam cannon was from Amazon, I think it was $12. This is the soap I use-

/ Good morning!!!! #154,016  
65°F and .27 inches rain.

Today Sophie has another check at her ophthalmologist sure hope there is some good news. She is seriously considering getting a second opinion when she visits her sister in AZ.

Lunch in town with the family.

Need to make a brewery run while in town. Also visit a welding/fabricator shop to see if the gearbox bracket from my flail can be straightened or a new one made.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #154,017  
I have someone coming next week to give me price to install a generator like that. I will also need propane tank. I think it will be more than I want to pay, though.
I recently got an estimate for either an 18kW or 20kW unit.... about $9K plus you'll need a propane tank installation if you don't have one...plus the transfer switch. If I went for it, I'd want to automatic transfer switch. All told, it would cost $13K-$14K
We never had an extended outage in Vermont...we did have a 4-day outage once in Pennsylvania.
I have a 10kW portable (gas or propane) that has done the job...if a more extended outage, I think we'd just go to a motel

/ Good morning!!!! #154,018  
RNG, pulling cable thru conduit can be so much fun.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,019  
Rich, sure have a lot going on. Special prayers for you and yours.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,020  
I recently got an estimate for either an 18kW or 20kW unit.... about $9K plus you'll need a propane tank installation if you don't have one...plus the transfer switch. If I went for it, I'd want to automatic transfer switch. All told, it would cost $13K-$14K

I bought mine (22kw Generac) on line, just before the collapse of the supply chain, and paid $4200 delivered. That was without a transfer switch, as I was replacing my old unit which was inside the shed that the new one sits behind.
I did the installation myself, and already had the propane tank. So I saved a ton of money over doing a complete install today.