Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #163,621  
Good Morning
It’s 41 which will be todays high under partly cloudy skies. At least the rain is over. We got 1.8” yesterday, which didn’t help the already soggy ground. It will be windy today, at least 25kts, so that might help dry things up, but it’s got a long way to go.

Apparently my wrestling match with Verizon isn’t over. I never got the email confirmation that I was promised yesterday, when I re-engaged in a dreaded chat, they had no order for me, and could not change anything due to the previous order being stalled. I’m glad that I saved the transcript of these chats. My last chat at least yielded some documentation like incident numbers, but no real results and no firm timeline for resolution.

Yesterday’s snow was all washed away by the rain, but the tractor is ready, and the driveway markers are in place if we do get a real snow.

Not sure what’s on the docket for today, but I’m confident I’ll find plenty to do.

Our power stayed on here, generator has only run to exercise in the last few months. It’s over a hundred feet from the house, and on the far side of a shed, so we don’t hear it run at all.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,622  
the garden
spot of the Garden State, the Trenton train station. Pretty grim place.

I remember stopping there on my way to NY, never got off there. Newark was the scary place. Can’t remember why I got off there, usually got off at NYC.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,623  
Been trying to fix my wheel but nothing is easy.

I have same issue with one of my tractor tires. Mines not that bad yet. I never considered the BH maybe causing it. I don’t recall digging without stabilizers down. I’ve been lamenting how to change it since it’s loaded tire.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,624  
BEF, glad to see you didn't wake up and stay up in the middle of the night. Glad you got the painting done. I've never painted on a rainy day.

2 nights of good sleep.
Ceiling 3/4 done, after it dried I see spots I missed or paint was thin, have to go back over it.
Painting isn’t done, unfortunately the walls are much worse than the ceiling. But ceiling looking real nice. FR ceiling needs it next.
Have DR appt this afternoon. Might not start anything.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,625  

You quoted me but didn’t have anything in your post.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,627  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

FINALLY got approval to go into work at 8 instead of 9, so OF COURSE I am running behind on my morning —- catch up with you all later!

have a happy productive safe blessed day!

/ Good morning!!!! #163,628  
I remember stopping there on my way to NY, never got off there. Newark was the scary place. Can’t remember why I got off there, usually got off at NYC.
the top/main floor has been cleaned up a little, but when you go down to the tracks, looks like it did 50 years ago. Glassed in waiting room downstairs, no heat, grimy, learned to stay upstairs until last minute.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,629  
20230126_062454.jpg

For sure I will be plowing this morning.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,630  
Good morning, 18 is the temperature for today. Still snowing. I will go out and plow about 9 A.M.

Went to bed too early, up way before I need to be. Probably go back to bed in an hour or so.

I saw on the news last evening that Young Street at the Hogs Hollow Hill/York Mills hill was at a standstill. Some people had been stopped for about 35 minutes by the time the news guys got there. This happens almost every time there is a major storm in Toronto. People never learn.

You guys that travel into warmer climates this time of year, IF there are still lockers in train stations and airports they could be a solution to the winter coat dilemma.

Have a safe day all
Wife drove home just after the snow stopped here in Toronto. She said all the hype was “much ado about nothing!” But she drives a 4runner, and boasts about passing all the people stuck in the snow, including a lot of buses that had just stopped because they couldn’t make the hills. Glad she is enjoying that new vehicle. And in an hour or so we are heading back up north to the cottage. They did not get quite as much snow as Toronto, but there is more to come this weekend. I will get to use the blower – yay!