Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #164,201  
just crossed into SC, leaving Savannah behind.
am going to try to sleep, you really don't, sort of doze off and keep waking up.
my bed will feel good tomorrow night for sure

/ Good morning!!!! #164,202  
BEF, If I remember correctly the fittings on the marathon I installed are like a union nut with an o-ring inside so when you tighten the nipple it seals. Conversely when you loosen the nipple the fitting flops around and can spin, it may not be broke! Hope this makes some sense.

View attachment 782404

Yes, you are right. Couple more turns and the nipple came out, with the rubber attached. I saw that picture in the manual, it didn’t make sense at the time. Now I get it. I put the nipple back on.
On the fill side, last time I installed this water heater I used a non brass nipple, and it rusted and is stuck in good. I ended up removing flex pipe at top, and used new flex pipe on new water heater.
Nice to have hot water again.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #164,203  
Drove to Carlyle to pick up the battery early this afternoon. On the way back home, my back started hurting. All that twisting and contorting myself around the FEL to get the battery out of it's little hole took its toll. It's still in the garage ... a tomorrow job.

On the bright side, not only was it $30 less than the local store, but the lady at the register gave me a flyer that has an online rebate coupon for another $20 off. Score!

Glad you have hot water again, BEF.

Safe travels, Drew.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,204  
Plumbing is not my favorite thing. I bought some new ball valve shut offs to replace the gate valve type, but with all the running around today, decided not to go cutting pipes and soldering.

When working on wet pipes, a JetSwet is your best friend.
Without them, solder a nipple to the ball valve with a shark bite coupling on the other end of the nipple. Shark bites work fine on wet pipes.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,205  
When working on wet pipes, a JetSwet is your best friend.
Without them, solder a nipple to the ball valve with a shark bite coupling on the other end of the nipple. Shark bites work fine on wet pipes.

Never seen those. I will just drain the lines down if I decide to solder in new shut offs.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,206  
   / Good morning!!!! #164,207  
I need a long manual pole saw for Mom's yard. Any recommendations?
When you say a 'manual' pole saw I take it that you're referring to a curved bladed 'pruning' saw... what I know as a "palm saw" as opposed to an extendable chainsaw pole saw.

I have both types and use both of them depending on the task at hand. Fiskar makes an excellent, extendable, 'palm saw'.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,208  
Good evening all. 32ºFfor the start, partly cloudy, light breeze. light to moderate wind, partly cloudy sky and high temp was 57ºF. Bike ride to start day, nap after rice then dinner. Bed will feel good tonight.
James Jasper has quite the cold weather gear.
Don looks like the ice storm that his inlaws in '09.
Bill hope you had a good energy conservation day.
NHBX hope helping the mrs was nice way to pass day.
Buppies hope you got back to sleep. prayers sent.
James hope you got more sleep.
Phil hope you got more sleep.
Ron hope last year info progressing well. Hope TV project went with complications. Nice pic
RS you have strange sleep habits. Hope mischief was productive. Sorry about trash cans, hope you find them before Tuesday.
Drew glad you had good time in FL. Hope you had a good trip back to PA.
Kilroy sorry woodstove not keeping up. Glad pooch happy with trip to wood lot. Hope hike went well, and kitchen time productive.
Kilroy sorry no alcohol involved :)
Frits glad TV box p and running, hope you stayed warm.
Billy glad you got a rest day.
Dennis good luck tracking down water problems. Hope you got mixer taken care of.
Paul glad you are positive :) Sounds like barn chores worked up a sweat, Hope trip to Daughter's house was successful.
Scotty understand about constant changing temps dictate clothing updates. Hope you got some backpack spraying done.
Thomas good to hear winds slowing. hope you stayed warm. That is one cold windchill.
Don I was at freezing, missed it by that little :( Trash is one week behind for some, got mail yesterday and today. nice temps.
Lou glad you had needed tractors mixed with kerosene. Hope you enjoyed GD time.
Buppies glad you are getting fast warmup.
Drew hope coffee quest was successful.
Ken sorry about heating oil jelled. Glad you got lines warmed and heat back on. Hope fishing worked as hoped.
Ted sorry about drier than normal. Hope your day went as planned. Thanks for price/availability report.
David hope you were able to enjoy Waimea cherry blossom festival. Sorry about loss and giggling.
Two_bit hope just a few limbs and no other damage.
PJ glad you were having a productive Saturday, hope Lasagna was good.
Ken glad fishing done, and no extra hole. Hope flat bread pizza was good.
Drew glad you were still on time. Hope book was good.
Dennis glad you could get new water heater, and get it plumbed in. Hope old heater is repairable.
Randy(wag) Glad church was good. Hope mowing goes well.
Drew sorry you can't sleep on the train.
PJ glad you got battery and extra $20 off.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /broken arm and heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's voice, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /uncle's surgery, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Lou /eye issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage not doing well, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's surgery, Scotty, /back pain, Frits /daughter recovery from surgery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Mark /wife colon surgery, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.

Attachments

• 100_2577.JPG
    100_2577.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 71
   / Good morning!!!! #164,209  
I don’t have first hand experience with this, but a couple of friends swear by them.
I use a telescoping Makita cordless myself.

I liked the features of a lot of the suggested pole saws and the one that had most of the features (Japanese blade, telescoping handle, and double hook blade) was the EZ Kut Kamikaze 20' extendable tree trimmer pole saw. It should get here by next week.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,210  
I liked the features of a lot of the suggested pole saws and the one that had most of the features (Japanese blade, telescoping handle, and double hook blade) was the EZ Kut Kamikaze 20' extendable tree trimmer pole saw. It should get here by next week.

Looks good! I’m sure you will be surprised how often you will reach for it. I thought mine would be one of those things I really need only a few times a year at best. I use it a lot more than I thought I would.