Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #181,111  
One of the options in some states is a Lady Bird Deed. When my mother passed a few years ago she had one. Took the deed, death certificate and my ID to city treasurer office. Walked out 15 minutes later with deed in my name. Since I live in one of the states that allow this type of deed. I have one that gives my sons ownership of my place after I pass.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,113  
Never had glasses break like this before
IMG_1414.JPG

Glued with some Bondic, that light cured stuff
IMG_1415.JPG

Sleeved with heat shrink tubing
IMG_1416.JPG

Seems functional

Would prefer to not get new glasses until ready for new prescription. Guess we’ll see. Or not

/ Good morning!!!! #181,115  
36F and "Fair" @ 17:15, heading down to around 27F overnight for the low. High hit 38.8F here today. Monday and Tuesday are looking chilly: highs only in the 30's and lows in the 20's. But it warms back up a little after that.

I was out cleaning and straightening up in the garage to around 05:00 AM ... so I got up pretty late today even for me. Was still whipped when I got up ... made good progress but had to stop and clean the filter on the ShopVac though.

It was halftime during the OSU/Michigan game ... caught the second half of that, as disappointing as it was.

Plan was to run the Sprinter down to Autozone today and get the battery checked out ... but I forgot that all the outlets in the garage are switched with the outside light on the corner and I had flipped it off after I finished last night ... 🤬

Still have one more decent day to handle it.

So I had to settle for taking the two 5 gallon cans down to the corner and getting 10 gallons of diesel for the torpedo heater.

Hopefully that will be enough to cover getting the Mr. Heater installed out in the garage. After that's done it will get moved up to the shop to take the chill off while I get a fire going in the double-barrel stove.

Woman is making sausage dumplings and sauerkraut and a chocolate zucchini cake. Chopped up the onions for her after I finished filling the torpedo heater when I got back.

Noticed the deer feeder was not empty on the way back in, will probably take them a while to figure out it's there.

Good bit of activity out at the bird feeders, imagine they are appreciating having some food finally.

Still trying to locate/figure out the studs in the wall where the electrical panel will go. There was a door there going into a storage room off the garage but it got taken out and sheet rocked when it got made into the laundry room with access from the kitchen. Electronic stud finder is not having much luck. Probably will end up having to probe the wall with a drill bit to verify.

Did find a decent piece of scrap plywood I can use to mount the electric panel on, just need to sand it a little and slap a coat of paint on it.

Didn't get any pipe put together, still trying to locate the small aluminum pipe wrench.

Stopped by neighbors on way home from Thanksgiving dinner, he had asked if we needed eggs. We took 4 dozen, apparently he still has 30 dozen left ... :oops:

Hopefully gonna be a lot of baking going on ... ;)

They had a quiet dinner at home by themselves, apparently several extended came down with COVID. He just had it himself about a month ago.

Makes me glad I got scheduled next week for my annual flu vaccination and 4th COVID booster the other day.

Probably back out in the garage until dinner is ready.

Hope everyone is having a decent Saturday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #181,116  
25F clear sky.
Been relaxing afternoon,Ohio lost heart breaker :( sat on stump side field enjoy cigar watch spike buck trying his best to impress older Doe. :ROFLMAO: little fella needs couple more years.
Plans for the evening...won't be much.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,117  
One of the options in some states is a Lady Bird Deed. When my mother passed a few years ago she had one. Took the deed, death certificate and my ID to city treasurer office. Walked out 15 minutes later with deed in my name. Since I live in one of the states that allow this type of deed. I have one that gives my sons ownership of my place after I pass.
Never heard of that.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,118  
27°
Long day, pretty sad. My grandparents and great grandparents places got sold at auction, part of my cousins estate. Too rich for my blood, I never even bid. It was bid per acre, with winning bid could take any combination of the 3 parcels. First winner took the 2 largest parcels of 94 acres. Then they auctioned the last parcel for almost as much.
I wanted to buy from my cousin in the past but he would never respond.

Dad was born in this house.
Made it back home. My wife and son came back yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_2620.jpeg
    IMG_2620.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2626.jpeg
    IMG_2626.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 58
   / Good morning!!!! #181,119  
There was a large turnout for the auction, at least 65 people. The up side of the auction, is dad inherits 1/4 of our cousins estate. But hated to see property leave the family that has been in the family since the government sold it after Ohio became a state.
My GG grandfathers brother probably built the house and barn as he was original owner of my grandfathers farm.
Inside the grainery still looked good. Look at the cuts in the log barn walls.

But quite frankly, what would I have done with it. We will have our farm to deal with sometime. It’s better land.

Attachments

• IMG_2629.jpeg
    IMG_2629.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2639.jpeg
    IMG_2639.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 53