Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,813  
Was 48°F and cloudy this morning, and got up to 63° today. Not the warmest Christmas Eve we've had here, but it was definitely nice outside.

Youngest stepson and his girlfriend came over this morning for our annual Christmas Brunch. We usually do it on Christmas Day, as his father's side of the family usually does the day before. However, everyone over there got sick in the last couple of days, so they cancelled. We just kept our plans intact. Great food, fun stories, and gift exchange (In spite of this Buddhist reminding everyone every year that they don't have to get me anything, they still do. Family, you know.)

Been fighting off a head cold the last couple of days, and it finally caught up with me today. I'm off work for the next two days, and this headache is sure to alter my plans. Figures. Oh, well; pull up my big-boy pants and go.

Hope everyone is well.

Good evening, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,814  
Good morning
It’s 38° with a high in the middle 40’s under a grey sky.
Yesterday, like most days kept me busy.
A few chores around here, made a few deliveries, flew out to lunch with son in the little plane. We are having a lot of fun with the new panel and equipment. It’s fun to fly in it with him, I originally bought it to teach him to fly, so it’s great to go out with him.
Made a few deliveries, and even a little shopping.
Have to make the final deliveries this morning. View attachment 840188

After that, I might fire up the smoker and do the 15lbs of pork belly that’s in the fridge. Or not.. depends on what’s going on when I get home.
This is the first year that the celebration is not at our house. We view that with mixed emotions, it’s nice to be the guest rather than the host, but it’s also the end of an era. But we are only going down the hill to oldest son’s house.

This picture is for Drew, showing a dual banana plugged into binding posts on a piece of test equipment.

View attachment 840189

Have a Merry Christmas Eve everyone!
That looks a lot like what we called Christmas Stollen bread,
a sweet bread with some dried fruit and nuts mixed in.
When I was much younger my mother would make some homemade eggnog and fill up a couple qt mason jars and have several buttered slices of the stollen and bring it up to the barn were we (my father and I) would be finishing up chores, barn cleaning and milk house washing that had to be done. We would stay working instead of stopping for a big breakfast and going back to finish those daily chores so we could all be present for gift opening and the Holiday Dinner before going back to feed and milk.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,816  
Merry Christmas Wagtail (a day ahead of us).
Thank you Kyle and a Merry Christmas to all of my Mates on TBN & the GM thread.

Overnight Low of 13.1C and it's presently 20.4C, overcast with a steady wind.

Midnight Service was well attended & home by 0030.

Well, presents are opened and we're off to the neighbour's for noon & a late Christmas lunch.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,819  
You mean you don’t just call it “Roadhouse” down there???

😂🤣😂
No, because we have 2 plain ole' Roadhouses. 1 in Paige Texas, and the 2nd in Bastrop.
Ron, Betty, TxDon, Karen, me and my wifey went to the one in Paige and had a good meal there many years back.

Merry Christmas and happy birthday to me. I was almost born Christmas day (born late at night).
I spoiled Christmas for my 4 yo brother back then. At the hospital they gave me to the wrong mother...same exact name, eye color, hair, etc. I think they got us straight because at home my grandparents lived next door, grandmother said "doesn't he have an ugly mouth, he looks just like his Dad".
I always got one present from family...card said "Merry Christmas Happy Birthday".
Same for my sister, she was born about 7:30pm central time on Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas to y'all!

We just got back from our 2 hours away down south trip visiting my mom. Texas Roadhouse was really good, and it must be well managed as we got great food and service. It was a bit loud, but not as bad as the 1 in College Station Texas.

My son is getting a lot of fishing gear, as he's into fishing.

Our pond got filled to the brim, from being about 4' low, from the 2.4" rain we got. It is quite muddy now.

I often talk to my wife and friends, about youz guyz' tales, woes, words to the wise, and show them the pictures quite often. Thank you all for being good, honest friends.

Prayers for the sick, and for Peace around the world. Even for Putin to get filled with the holy spirit and turn from evil.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,820  
Good evening all. Yesterday temp was 60ºF leaving the house, sky was overcast with fog around. Drive to St. Louis took just under 11 hours. Temp got up to 65ºF. No rain during the travel, actually had some blue sky along the way, but clouded up again. Did not have wireless name or password and too tired to post. This morning 55ºF for the start, mostly cloudy sky, light breeze. Light Wind, sky partly cloudy, the clouded up in afternoon, high temp was 66ºF. Spent most of the day with granddaughter, Grandson-in-law, and great granddaughter, who is quite the handful. Did get to see younger brother and a nap today as well. Helped assemble a great granddaughter gift. Will catch when I get home.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

Last edited: