Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,423  
Snowing pretty hard and accumulating. Cody had his first run in the snow. Staying in today and will not do any plowing before snowing stops. If any icing I want that to be on top of the snow..

Wife cut her finger deboning the chicken. Got her cleaned up and bandaged

Daughter got another award. The ceremony is when she is in Latvia so she will tie in remotely. Not sure how much money is attached
She is going to Latvia January, Madrid in February, Stuttgart March, Australia April and she also going to Columbia for a wedding.
Columbia worries me but she says it is not a problem where she is going. Hmm wondering.
Had a gas turbine project in Columbia and the front gate to the plant got blown up by a truck bomb
Colombia. . . Emeralds. . . 😁👍

little bit of (not entirely) useless trivia:

The element that makes emeralds green also makes rubies red. Chromium. In one it is an additive coloration, in the other it is a subtractive coloration (think photo negatives).

Chromium in gems will fluoresce under unltraviolet light. It fluoresces red.

so, under a flutes event light source (laser is preferable), rubies will fluoresce red, and emeralds will fluoresce red, too. A cheap, simple method for basic identification.

(She should pick up some emeralds while in Colombia…)

/ Good morning!!!! #183,424  
33F and mostly cloudy @ 14:15, calling for a high of 35F for the day. Had a little snow earlier, not really expecting much ... but they did upgrade the forecast last night to maybe an inch or so from this system.

Expecting 45F and rain by Tuesday though.

Woman reported a large flock of black birds - probably starlings - attempting to clean out the hopper feeder earlier. Saw chickadees, juncos, tufted titmice, various finches of different types, a red-bellied woodpecker, and about half a dozen cardinals when I looked out a bit ago.

Got new silcocks put on in laundry room and water turned back on - no leaks !

Will be nice to have the hot water feed operating at a higher flow. For some reason it had been turned down and had gotten frozen there - to the point it took probably 30 - 45 minutes to fill when using hot only.

Got order placed for washer parts before they closed at 18:00 CST.

Got email notification by 20:00 (local) that the parts that been picked up by Fedex in North Las Vegas and that detailed tracking info would be available once they got into their system at the terminal.

Checked this morning when I got up and it showed the order departed Fedex's warehouse in Henderson, NV at 01:55 AM. Estimated arrival on Tuesday.

Probably get back to pulling that inner basket out, clean behind the dryer while I have things torn apart.

Hope everyone is having a decent Saturday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #183,426  
Good (Sunday) morning. Overnight Low of 16.6C and it's currently 17.9C, overcast & calm.

Paddock #6 has been chain-harrowed & mulched = me covered in a fine coating of horse 'dust'. ;) Paddock #1 is all set up.

Nothing planned for today and I'm off to Church in a half hour, then the rest of the day is His.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,428  
Good Evening Guys,
Ct, no snow yet, im guessing about 7pm to start !

Your talk of generators, Scott, reminds me that the new house needs a transfer switch so I can hook up a generator. Only trouble is it also has solar power, and as far as I can tell, there's no provision for hooking up a generator to the system. And from what I've seen of Sunrun's so called customer service, asking how to do it will be like talking to a brick wall...
RNG,
You have to love when these people put in a system and then you need them to upgrade, and nobody can give any advice or help you out !:unsure:
for target practice something small is fine
most of this stuff seems to be a buck a bullet or more

Drew, years ago I purchased a Ruger Model 77 , 22-250. I used to buy Hornady ammunition at a local Walmart for $12 for a box of 20 ! Fast forward to today, Walmart doesnt even sell ammo anymore ! This was really good ammo 45 gr or more, I wouldnt want to know what this stuff even cost now !!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,429  
Good Evening Guys,
Ct, no snow yet, im guessing about 7pm to start !

RNG,
You have to love when these people put in a system and then you need them to upgrade, and nobody can give any advice or help you out !:unsure:

Drew, years ago I purchased a Ruger Model 77 , 22-250. I used to buy Hornady ammunition at a local Walmart for $12 for a box of 20 ! Fast forward to today, Walmart doesnt even sell ammo anymore ! This was really good ammo 45 gr or more, I wouldnt want to know what this stuff even cost now !!
Think walmart had trouble hiring anyone competent to work the gun counter.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,430  
I think for target practice light loads would make sense. Whatever costs less.
I'd be happy with a .22 and some paper targets
don't they make some that explode in color if you hit the bullseye?
Nothing could be better than winning a stuffed toy for your girl friend
with a toy electronic rifle at the firemen's June fair.

snow has stopped, sleet tinkling on windows, fine night to stay in,