Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,801  
Good Morning!!!! 51F @ 8:30AM Cloudy skies early, followed by partial clearing. High 67F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph.
Looks like rain, and if so, I'll head north again on Sunday to get a jump on the week.

Maybe your daughter's new boss would reimburse her for a generator rental for a couple weeks, Mike. Wouldn't hurt to ask since it's his responsibility to provide reasonable shelter for his employees.

Yesterday's SpaceX launch went off at the beginning of the window, and I caught a live stream as soon as I heard it. Interesting how the booster steers its way back using some fins at the top, then decelerates with a blast at the very end. Didn't hear the sonic boom until after it had landed, which was another surprise.

Monkeyed with the little spot welder again yesterday, and came to the conclusion there's just not enough battery behind it. Next week I'll give it a try with a car battery up north.

Got tired of not being able to see what I was doing, so I rigged up four @ 4' LED light fixtures over the workbench and bike lift yesterday. Real quick and dirty, just poked a couple dry wall screws into the rafters to hold 'em up then plugged the first one into an existing outlet box. Then daisy chained the other three to the first one, took maybe all of half an hour. Should have done it months ago...

Got the DR mower back out and gave it a pressure wash. Looks almost brand new now. Having trouble finding out what it's worth, though, as I'm not finding many ads offering them for sale. I bought it in 2010, so it's at least that old. Are the new ones better than the vintage one I have here?

Snuck in a dip in the hot tub at the end of the day. The jets in that thing can really dish out a pounding if you're not careful where you sit...🤣

Back on the zebra bike this morning to try to figure out why it's not charging. I have a new alternator rotor for it, but I want to test each component in the system to make sure I'm not missing anything.

TGIF gang!

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #188,802  
Good evening all. 49ºF for the start, mostly clear sky, breezy. Moderate wind brisk gust, Mostly clear sky, and high temp was 70ºF. made coffee and clean up for cleaning ladies to start day, did fish club work waiting for then to finish. Then went for bike ride, wind was hard on me, almost mile and a half penalty, average air speed was a full 1 mph faster. Lunch then nap. Called TV support for one of my streaming devices, couldn't get rid of login prompt. I gave him last 4 digits of device , he pushes a button and it is fixed :)
Ron that is a lot of rain with he ground already saturated. Glad MMM put through paces and it passed. Glad valve repair successful. Hope grocery shopping went well. Glad to I am not only one who doesn't always fold and put away laundry :). Nice pic
Buppies sorry about inside weather. prayers sent.
Thomas thanks for the info. I see he has a bear center to rehab bears and release back to wild.
Thomas hope day went well.
Mike sorry about more rain. Hope you had a good day, inspite of all the "excitement".
Billy 1 inch can get ground plenty soggy.
Drew hope meeting went well, Glad planting was fun.
Paul nice plasma machine. Do you have a way to replace slats when they get chewed up? Nice work on Prius 12V battery replace. Good luck with tree top and hope breakfast was good.
RNG glad tools are selling, hope you can get spot welder working. Hope bourbon is good. Hope you were able to enjoy the launch.
Ken good to hear outside progress continues. Hope you get some good rest. nice pic
Don nice day, glad your grass is growing well, just weeds here. Sorry about the lantanas.
Dennis since rock below barn slab does that mean it's not in the way?
David hope you can get diesel soon. Glad you got good progress on mowing. Hope guy did well at H&F. Is it more fun with three couples?
Scott(vt) hope good time on LI. Sorry about mini split/ remote issue. Hope mouse didn't chew up any wires.
Scaredy glad you stopped by. Please don't worry about keeping up! The hardest thing I had to do was start learning how to live alone. Sorry so much is in limbo, hope you are adjusting well to the current situation. Hope the suv purchase goes well.
Dennis hope all you have are areas to freeze. Good to hear bills paid, I need to do mine.
Dennis hope your dad's eye heals quickly.
RS 2 in rain will keep it soggy for a while. Nice job on redbud pots. Glad sprayer cleaned out. Seedlings doing good. Hope you get seeds replanted.
Dennis sorry no rain, glad tornado watch dropped.
Randy(wag) glad pickets deployed, and hope horse move goes well/ Sorry about minister with Covid. Hope Ross meeting goes well.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.
Nice looking International, Mostly. Looks like a 1960.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,803  
Had a foot of fresh snow on the ground here this past weekend. Yesterday afternoon it was 75 degrees! I took advantage of the warm weather to fire up the John Deere and renew my fire breaks; all the moisture this year is really greening up the desert!
DSC06500ertbn4-12-24.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #188,804  
60deg
got 4 places froze this morning. 2 on face one on side of nose, one on arm. The place I was concerned about, they said it was nothing.
Then went to breakfast with the usual gang, 1 day earlier than usual.
stopped by church building do some cleaning.
Got .33" rain, now windy.
Pellet stove still not working, but won't dig into that today but did mess with it some more last night.
Have not checked in with Dad yet to see how he is doing.
Son has not tried driving yet. maybe he will try a short trip this weekend. Most injuries to the left leg, and not the right, but it hurts him to bend the knee. I don't know if it's just muscle sore, or something else. It got banged up good.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,805  
66°F and .13 inches rain. A rainy morning to start.

Guys won H&F. Looking back it was pretty even with the guys winning just 1 night more than the gals.

Need to go into town today. Diesel refill, brewery refill, some other errands.

Had a disheartening email from LS dealer. I had noticed a new tractor sitting at dealership so suggested that as they couldn’t find problem with mine maybe a trade. Turns out to be an MT235HE with loader. OK, a step down, but maybe so asked price. Quote was over $46k, no trade. . That’s almost 20k more than my XR4140. Guess I shouldn’t have been so surprised as this is same dealer that quoted more for MT125 than Sophie’s BX2380. Sure hope they find my problem

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #188,806  
Good Afternoon,
Pindar Vineyard, Southhold, LI, Ny.

Bill, curious how you toughen gums ?

Have a good afternoon !!

Attachments

• IMG_3837.jpeg
    IMG_3837.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3838.jpeg
    IMG_3838.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3839.jpeg
    IMG_3839.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3840.jpeg
    IMG_3840.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 35
   / Good morning!!!! #188,807  
Good Afternoon,
Pindar Vineyard, Southhold, LI, Ny.

Bill, curious how you toughen gums ?

Have a good afternoon !!
Pindar -My ex girlfriend was in the owners class many years ago and when we showed up he gave us a private tour. He taught at Stonybrook college at the time, really nice guy.
Him and the Hargraves started the wine industry there. My coworker grew up with the Hargraves, was a shame to see them leave the wine business.
I used to go to Pindar every year, for first bud.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,808  
Good Morning! This is the time of year for great weather! Even in downtown Houston this time of year the weather is pleasent and nice. In the mid 70's with gentle breezes, full sun to partly cloudy.

54 this morning high in 60s 2.47 in of rain yesterday storms tornado watch flash flood warning the whole 9 yards.
Hope your weather improves!

Sound Beach LI, 51 to start going to 59, periods of heavy rain intermittently and wind last night ! Just wind now with some showers coming through early afternoon !
Ferry ride across LI Sound was a bit foggy and rainy, so didn’t go up on top deck ! Nice evening with friends watching Buffet concerts !
Buffet on the Beach! How much better can it get!

got 4 places froze this morning. 2 on face one on side of nose, one on arm. The place I was concerned about, they said it was nothing.
Hope that all works out well and also your Dad's eye issue, son's knee and all.

Sure hope they find my problem
That is a big difference in price for a step down. Hope your repairs go well!

Hope everyone has a great and wonderful Friday and an even better weekend!
Prayers for our Nation!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,809  
Good Afternoon Ken,
We are doing a small group tour, really fascinating!
Bottling machine is capable of 8000 bottles per day ! 667 cases of 12 bottle cases !

Attachments

• IMG_3845.jpeg
    IMG_3845.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3844.jpeg
    IMG_3844.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3843.jpeg
    IMG_3843.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3842.jpeg
    IMG_3842.jpeg