Good movies,,, well there are a few.......

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,111  
Knives out , the first part was actually good. Glass Onion wasn't bad as well, maybe just not my taste.
Anyway i had some troubles with my firestick and it wasn't really enjoyable to stream something.
After finding this instruction, everything is back to normal again.

Last edited:
   / Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,112  
I watched "The Glass Onion" last week (netflix, I think) - it was good. Lots of big names

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,114  
True

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,115  
I've watched Falling for Christmas. Brought me some Christmas mood again.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,116  
Curious...anyone else think Steven Spielberg is over rated...or at least gets more recognition than other directors that are as good or even better??
(yes he made some good, entertaining movies but...)
IMO he is no Hitchcock or Tarantino etc...

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,117  
I think Spielberg is about as good as they come, in terms of movies that are entertaining and satisfying to watch. I have seen probably most of his films, and there isn't a clinker in the bunch.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,119  
I think Spielberg is about as good as they come, in terms of movies that are entertaining and satisfying to watch. I have seen probably most of his films, and there isn't a clinker in the bunch.
He gives the people what they want, that's for sure.

I found this story amusing regarding Hitchcock and Spielberg...

From here:

Spielberg tried to organise a meetup of the two cinematic greats, he was never able to, as explained in the audiobook Tales of Hollywood by Stephen Schochet. In the audiobook, Schochet outlines how Hitchcock was once “upset by an uninvited young man hovering around the movie set” of his last film Family Plot released in 1976. According to reports, the director behind Psycho, The Birdsand many other 20th century classics called to have the trespasser removed, not knowing the man was in fact Steven Spielberg hoping to meet his idol.

This was merely the first time Spielberg tried to meet Hitchcock however, with the director of Jaws,Jurassic Park and Saving Private Ryan being repeatedly turned down for a meeting. The reason for such a passionate refusal to meet Steven Spielberg was only revealed once American actor Bruce Dern released his autobiography in 2007, where the actor revealed that he tried to convince Hitchcock to meet the Jaws director.

“I said, ‘You’re his idol. He just [wants] to sit at your feet for five minutes and chat with you’,” Bruce Dern writes, though Hitchcock continued to refuse, stating, “Isn’t that the boy who made the fish movie?… I could never sit down and talk to him… because I look at him and feel like such a *****”.

Confused and bewildered by such a response, Dern asked Hitchcock to elaborate, “I said, ‘Why do you feel Spielberg makes you a *****?’ Hitch said, ‘Because I’m the voice of the Jaws ride [at Universal Studios]. They paid me a million dollars. And I took it and I did it. I’m such a *****. I can’t sit down and talk to the boy who did the fish movie… I couldn’t even touch his hand”.

Though Steven Spielberg would have, of course, been enamoured by Alfred Hitchcock, it seems that this was too much for the latter to bear, even if the reasons for such are truly bizarre.