Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #61  
When the EPA screwed up something as simple as a gasoline jug several years ago, that proved once and for all that those idiots can ruin and will ruin everything eventually.

Now my jugs swell up like a blowfish in the summer sun because there is no vent. It's sketchy as h***. Makes me think it's just a matter of time until the jug ruptures and fuel goes everywhere. Yeah, that's great for the environment. Not to mention personal safety.

And I've seen 20 different takes on contraptions used for the pour spouts on these new cans, and 99% of them don't work or require an engineering degree to figure out. Sigh...

Society today isn't progressive. It's regressive.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #62  
When the EPA screwed up something as simple as a gasoline jug several years ago, that proved once and for all that those idiots can ruin and will ruin everything eventually.

Now my jugs swell up like a blowfish in the summer sun because there is no vent. It's sketchy as h***. Makes me think it's just a matter of time until the jug ruptures and fuel goes everywhere. Yeah, that's great for the environment. Not to mention personal safety.

And I've seen 20 different takes on contraptions used for the pour spouts on these new cans, and 99% of them don't work or require an engineering degree to figure out. Sigh...

Society today isn't progressive. It's regressive.
>> Now my jugs swell up like a blowfish in the summer sun because there is no vent. It's sketchy as h***. Makes me think it's just a matter of time until the jug
>> ruptures and fuel goes everywhere. Yeah, that's great for the environment. Not to mention personal safety
I agree. Have had (2) plastic cans leak. Luckily, the leaks on both were in the top seam. Otherwise, it could have been a disaster in the back of my pickup. I think the expansion and contraction or just the wear from lifting the top handle. Either way the whole EPA requirements in my opinion have made them LESS safe. Others have recommended metal cans.
I may try but I keep (4 or 5) 5-gallon cans here. The "Justright" Type2 cans are $100+ each. Price about 1/2 for Type 1, but I'd really prefer Type2. Just haven't been able to turn loose of that much money for a gas can.
Type I safety cans only have 1 opening – pour & fill from the same opening. Type II safety cans have 2 openings – one for pouring and one for filling – the fill opening serves as a vent when pouring.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #64  
I buy new fuel can. Then, I go to tractor supply and buy that thingie they sell. I come home to my new fuel can, remove the "government" spout, place it in the garbage can, install the thingie I bought at tractor supply. The end.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #67  
I buy new fuel can. Then, I go to tractor supply and buy that thingie they sell. I come home to my new fuel can, remove the "government" spout, place it in the garbage can, install the thingie I bought at tractor supply. The end.
Same here.
I wonder if it's actually not some sort of a gov't thing to increase spending :)

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #69  
Discussing the tech and equipment is fine. Focusing on the policy is not. That's not what this forum is for. Please get back to discussing the equipment side of things so we can keep this thread open.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #70  
Discussing the tech and equipment is fine. Focusing on the policy is not. That's not what this forum is for. Please get back to discussing the equipment side of things so we can keep this thread open.
Wait ok, so what do you mean, like we can't bag on the EPA in this thread? Like I'm not being a smartass, just asking can we only talk here about the pros/cons of flame arrestors as they're mandating?

Last edited: