Grader for driveway maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Grader for driveway maintenance #1  

albert

Bronze Member
Tractor
Toolcat D
I have a 1/2 mile rock & dirt driveway with some steep elevation changes that I have to regrade 5-6 times a year. For many years, I've been doing the work with my Toolcat 5600D and a pull behind DR Power Grader. The DR Power Grader has been getting the job done but it is not very aggressive and requires multiple passes over several hours. Plus, it lacks the ability to put a crown on the road. Unfortunately, the DR is on its last legs and will need to be replaced. I am considering just getting a new DR but would like to consider other options. Something that is a little more aggressive and would put a crown on the road would be welcome. Looking for suggestions.

/ Grader for driveway maintenance #2  
Take a look at ABI Attachments. I have their Gravel Grader that works fine on my 500' driveway. Puts a crown on it with no issues. I'm been using my WheelHorse to pull it so far. If I needed more of a dig I will switch to the tractor in the future. They have other attachments that may work better for your driveway. Check them out.

/ Grader for driveway maintenance
I've requested a quote twice on both the Gravel Grader and the Gravel Rascal Pro but, after a week, have received no return call. Was interested in both products but their failure to follow up and, at least, provide a quote leaves me hesitant to do business with the company. Any thoughts? Anything further you can tell me a bout the Gravel Grader? What was your cost?

/ Grader for driveway maintenance #4  
I can't even count how much time I have wasted requesting info from " contact us" sections of company websites just to be ignored
for god’s sake just post a phone number and remove the contact us link

/ Grader for driveway maintenance #6  
I've requested a quote twice on both the Gravel Grader and the Gravel Rascal Pro but, after a week, have received no return call. Was interested in both products but their failure to follow up and, at least, provide a quote leaves me hesitant to do business with the company. Any thoughts? Anything further you can tell me a bout the Gravel Grader? What was your cost?
It's been almost a year and a half since I purchased my Gravel Grader. The response was top notch from start to finish. But that was all pre covid crap. Not sure which way you contacted them, but I would call on a weekday. If you have to leave a message I'm sure they will get back with you. They do have quality products.

/ Grader for driveway maintenance #7  
I used a box grader on a few miles of drive. I can make a crown by adjusting blade level on each side. I’ve run it on the 3 point of my 5610 and also on the front and my T650 using a 3 point adapter. I’ve been able to revitalize the gravel in my yard with it also.

This is the one I have.

/ Grader for driveway maintenance #9  
I have a mile long "gravel" driveway. The DR Power Grader did absolutely NOTHING on my driveway. The driveway is - base stone, then a mix of gravel, sand, silt & volcanic ash. It "sets up" just like concrete.

I use my LPGS with scarifiers then my Rhino rear blade. It's a real tough nut to crack once it sets up.

/ Grader for driveway maintenance #10  
Status
Not open for further replies.