Grand L 3940 vs. Mahindra 4035

/ Grand L 3940 vs. Mahindra 4035 #31  

Local Kubota dealer actually quoted me a price higher than what I got from building it on the Kubota website. I didn't think that was right - but he said it was because of transportation and setup charges. The other local Kubota dealer never responded to a request for a quote.

It was a little hard to do business with them after that.

/ Grand L 3940 vs. Mahindra 4035 #32  
To those that inquired about the differences of the Kubota and the Mahindra I am glad that others were able to help with good experiences of their own..

Draft control unless it is in the range of less then 10 percent load change to activate it is about worthless, so if someone can tell me mahindras is better then that then the option is worthless.

To us less then 20 percent of the L'series go out with rear remotes so why have it unless you need it. I'm not saying I don't recommend one, just they are not in the high need area.

To the added weight of the chassis, it doesn't mean that it is any stronger as it might actually be a weaker chassis overall. The added weight would also mean that some applications they can not be used on!! You can always add it easier then to take it off!!!

Lower initial price, just equals lower resale price. It's always been that way, and I don't expect it to change.

I really doubt that you'd be able to do something with one of these tractors that you cannot do with the other. And if the prices were close, I'd go with wherever I felt most comfortable with the dealership. If the prices weren't close, then I'd go with the one providing the better deal. Both companies have very good reputations, so it's not a matter of product quality.

As for price - of course a lower price tractor will have a lower resale value, but if you really want to figure in true resale value, etc. then you also have to take into account the value of the difference in the prices invested over the number of years before you sell the tractor. You would need to add that number to the resale value of the lower initial price tractor to compare apples to apples.

/ Grand L 3940 vs. Mahindra 4035 #33  
You should be able to get an L3940 with a FEL for under $26K not including
tax, which my wife didn't have to pay so that helped. She got out the door,
delivered with a FEL, toothbar and a bale spear for $25.6K, I think, last spring.
Don't pay MSRP for any tractor, she looked at LS, Massey Ferguson, CaseIH, JD,
Montana and TYM, the Kubota came in the middle as far as price, after driving
about 4 different models to her the decision was very simple. The JD was on
the high side and the LS was on the low side. Just not enough Mahindra dealers
in this area to even consider it. The only tractor my son had driven was a IH140,
he took to the Kubota like he was born on it, I think the ergonomics of the
Kubota are way ahead.

/ Grand L 3940 vs. Mahindra 4035
First, before any tractor talk let me say that I'm a member of several forums and I've never seen this level of support from any other group. I'm a Basscat boat owner and that's a really committed group but they are more brand specific. This site is unique due to all the feedback from various brand owners. So Thanks.

I received my Mahindra quote today and I'm not seeing the level of price difference experienced by some here.

Mahindra 4035 HST, standard rear remote, FEL, bucket and quick attach coupler for $24,500

Grand L 3940 HST 3, and one rear remote and R4 tires offered at $20,900
MSRP on Kubota website is $25628. It's not on the yard so it will have to be ordered or obtained from another dealer.
I've been told rear remote is $805 so tractor is about $20,100 so it looks to be discount about 19% or so.

LA724 72" standard bucket and Quick attach for the bucket offered at $5100. It looks like this is full MSRP against the Kubota website.

Total for tractor, FEL and other options is $26K. Knock off another off if I pay cash but I'll probably finance. I know that requires Kubota insurance but i've got to pay insurance anyway and it seems pretty good.

So I'm only seing about $1500 difference in pricing. I haven't made a counter offer on either tractor so unless Kubota doesn't move and Mahindra drops 3 or 4 K then they are close. I'm leaning toward Kubota for only $1500 difference in pricing and a 5 mile trip to the shop. Final thoughts?
Thanks again.
RJ

/ Grand L 3940 vs. Mahindra 4035 #35  
To those that inquired about the differences of the Kubota and the Mahindra I am glad that others were able to help with good experiences of their own..

Draft control unless it is in the range of less then 10 percent load change to activate it is about worthless, so if someone can tell me mahindras is better then that then the option is worthless.

To us less then 20 percent of the L'Series go out with rear remotes so why have it unless you need it. I'm not saying I don't recommend one, just they are not in the high need area.

To the added weight of the chassis, it doesn't mean that it is any stronger as it might actually be a weaker chassis overall. The added weight would also mean that some applications they can not be used on!! You can always add it easier then to take it off!!!

Lower initial price, just equals lower resale price. It's always been that way, and I don't expect it to change.

I don't know about the 10% deal for draft control, but I know that the draft control on my Mahindra 7520 works with only the rear blade If I have it set for light use. From what I have seen and read, most people don't take the time to know how to use draft control for different purposes or any purpose for that matter, so you are right, that option is worthless for a lot of people.

As far as the rear remotes, you dealers are foolish in my opinion not to educate your customers as to all the benefits that there are to have hydraulic controls for various implements and all the positive things that there are in having top and tilt hydraulics. The customer may not want to spend the money at the time of purchase, but after they make manual adjustments for awhile they will come back for the hydraulics. One dealer told me that the only customers that want all this stuff are people that have been or are on TBN. Why do you think that that is? It may just be that those people are educated about what all the possibilities can be and that they want to be able to do their job better and easier than if they were to continue to make manual adjustments. But again you are right, why bother paying for or having a rear remote when you are not going to use it.

Well you got me on the weight, without doubt the Mahindras are made of totally junk metal :rolleyes: and that must be the reason that I have heard about so many of them breaking in two. Oh, wait, I have not read or heard of any breaking, I know that you have though, right? Countless machines snapping in two, not just one or two that were probably abused. How many tractors of this size really need to be worried about being light weight? :confused: I mean come on now, it's not like the manicured lawn is getting mowed with this size tractor. A person gets this size tractor to get some heavy work done, and I'm not saying that the Kubota will not do it, it will. And again it depends on what the main purposes of the tractor will be for it to be said which one may be a little better than the other.

As far as resale value, I hope that a higher priced machine will return more $$$ than a lower priced one.

A lot, and I mean A LOT has to do with a purchasers wants and needs. Everyone is not the same, not even close as to what one wants, needs or expects, but then you already know all of this, I'm just saying it for those that may not. ;)

As far as me, I would go with the 4035, but that is just me. The bigger tractor would suit my needs better. :cool:

/ Grand L 3940 vs. Mahindra 4035 #36  
RJ:
If the price differences are that small (and, over the time you'll own the tractor, they become insignificant), then you should get the machine you like from a dealer who is honest and competent. Hopefully the machine and the dealer you like are one and the same!

Be sure to test run each tractor you are considering. Try out the FEL, the 3 point, and, if possible, the pto. It's ideal if they'll demo one on your property. Look at the layout, the finish detail, the overall setup of the tractor. Don't be swayed by which one looks more butch. It's how they actually work that counts.

Best of luck!

/ Grand L 3940 vs. Mahindra 4035 #37  
You really should at least sit on the Mahindra. It could be a deal breaker or it may fit like a glove. For $1500 (give or take) it's not worth the savings or paying extra if one or the other just feels right.

For me personally if the Mahindra didn't have the H-DS feature like the Kubota (now that I've owned and used it) I wouldn't buy it. Some of the other features of the HST+ are nice but for me that's not having it is a deal breaker. Being able to plow into a pile of dirt and shift down a gear without even letting of the pedal is such a huge time saver. But for you it may not even be an issue.

/ Grand L 3940 vs. Mahindra 4035 #38  
I really doubt that you'd be able to do something with one of these tractors that you cannot do with the other. And if the prices were close, I'd go with wherever I felt most comfortable with the dealership. If the prices weren't close, then I'd go with the one providing the better deal. Both companies have very good reputations, so it's not a matter of product quality.

As for price - of course a lower price tractor will have a lower resale value, but if you really want to figure in true resale value, etc. then you also have to take into account the value of the difference in the prices invested over the number of years before you sell the tractor. You would need to add that number to the resale value of the lower initial price tractor to compare apples to apples.

I guess I'd start with a front snow blower, blade, broom or a mid mower! I can go on! We do have a couple mahindras in our area that we do work on, so I'd also say that the cost of ownership is also higher knowing what we are working on and the hours on the tractor. This model might be a little better then some of the older models although it also might be different depending on uses. So far one has proven quality over very long hours, the other ones still working on it.

/ Grand L 3940 vs. Mahindra 4035 #39  
First, before any tractor talk let me say that I'm a member of several forums and I've never seen this level of support from any other group. I'm a Basscat boat owner and that's a really committed group but they are more brand specific. This site is unique due to all the feedback from various brand owners. So Thanks.

I received my Mahindra quote today and I'm not seeing the level of price difference experienced by some here.

Mahindra 4035 HST, standard rear remote, FEL, bucket and quick attach coupler for $24,500

Grand L 3940 HST 3, and one rear remote and R4 tires offered at $20,900
MSRP on Kubota website is $25628. It's not on the yard so it will have to be ordered or obtained from another dealer.
I've been told rear remote is $805 so tractor is about $20,100 so it looks to be discount about 19% or so.

LA724 72" standard bucket and Quick attach for the bucket offered at $5100. It looks like this is full MSRP against the Kubota website.

Total for tractor, FEL and other options is $26K. Knock off another off if I pay cash but I'll probably finance. I know that requires Kubota insurance but i've got to pay insurance anyway and it seems pretty good.

So I'm only seing about $1500 difference in pricing. I haven't made a counter offer on either tractor so unless Kubota doesn't move and Mahindra drops 3 or 4 K then they are close. I'm leaning toward Kubota for only $1500 difference in pricing and a 5 mile trip to the shop. Final thoughts?
Thanks again.
RJ

$24k is where most dealers I contacted came in at for a 4035HST with FEL financed at 0% for 60 months. But I got so much more than that, I really can't say if that was the final number on those two items.

Sounds like you've made up your mind. Enjoy your tractor.

One final thought, have you looked at the Mahindra 5035. You might find one close to the L3940 in price.

/ Grand L 3940 vs. Mahindra 4035 #40  
As far as the rear remotes, you dealers are foolish in my opinion not to educate your customers as to all the benefits that there are to have hydraulic controls for various implements and all the positive things that there are in having top and tilt hydraulics.

"For us most customers look at us funny when we talk of top and tilt hydraulics. I do recommend one remote on all L-series and larger tractors. I'd still put it at a low percentage of use. For those with rear snowblowers hydraulic rotation is a must."

How many tractors of this size really need to be worried about being light weight? :confused: I mean come on now, it's not like the manicured lawn is getting mowed with this size tractor. A person gets this size tractor to get some heavy work done, and I'm not saying that the Kubota will not do it, it will. And again it depends on what the main purposes of the tractor will be for it to be said which one may be a little better than the other.

"People in NY do drive across lawns and do put mowers on these tractors, with the rains this spring many were concerned when buying over the weight. I'd say the lawn is an issue with 75% of the purchasers. It is also important to have it in the right place."