Grapple ideas and how are these companies?

/ Grapple ideas and how are these companies? #22  
This forum is great! I was leaning towards a QA product (below) and got several recommendations on other products. I am leaning toward Homestead or EA for a grapple for my L3901. Any opinions on these products below? Any recommendations on other brands? Mostly for limb and log ( 25"dbh oak) clean up. These are all claw grapples. Thanks for the help. View attachment 771746
You should also think about which ones want payment in full when placing your order. Can be a lot of time for you to loan your money interest free to them. 🤷‍♂️

/ Grapple ideas and how are these companies? #23  
One thing that many people miss is the heavier grapple, the less your lifiting capacity will be. So the lightest grapple will always retain the higher lift capacity. I 2nd the Homestead Implement one. have had mine for two years now, absolutely satisfied with it. I have the Root Grapple Pinnacle series in 72''.

IMG_2633.jpg

/ Grapple ideas and how are these companies? #24  
I got a Virnig 54 on a B2301. I have moved quite a few logs and brush piles with good results. Wanted the EA 55 but couldnt wait.

Attachments

• IMG_0558.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 129
   / Grapple ideas and how are these companies? #25  
I run a dual lid EA. I looked at quite a few and thought they looked the best at the time. I cannot say it is the best as I have not tried anything different. I will tell you my experience with it though. I purchased it for a 38hp Mahindra and it was awesome. I then upgraded my tractor to a 55 hp Mahindra and it could not tear the grapple apart. I then put if on an svl 65. I am the first to tell you this grapple should never get on this machine but I was not going to buy another grapple. My svl could not tear it up. I now have a Case 110c and an svl75 to put it on. Like I said before that grapple should never get onto either of these machines and it was not built for anything like this. I use it often in my business and it has held up to these tractors. Possibly others could have also I do not know. I am not an EA fanboy I just put my money where I think it is best spent.

/ Grapple ideas and how are these companies? #26  
W.R. Long open bottom with 2 clamps which was what my dealer had available. Not too heavy and it has been more than strong enough for me at this point. It is also a longer tine bottom which I like, but have not used the other. It makes it nice when you need to stack things on it.

/ Grapple ideas and how are these companies?
Thank you all. Because of the information in this thread I am now leaning toward artillian or virnig though EA is nit out. I have changed from a root rake style to a root/rock or long bottom dual-lid grapple.

Screenshot_20221230-215522_Office.jpg

/ Grapple ideas and how are these companies? #28  
I have changed from a root rake style to a root/rock or long bottom dual-lid grapple.
Another advantage of the long bottom style is that you can open the lids and carry small brush picked up over a large area:

PC270005.JPG

And then grab some big stuff:

PC270007.JPG

/ Grapple ideas and how are these companies? #29  
Thank you all. Because of the information in this thread I am now leaning toward artillian or virnig though EA is nit out. I have changed from a root rake style to a root/rock or long bottom dual-lid grapple.

View attachment 777052
how many of these can you demo before buying? Maybe check the rental yard and see if they they have a short and long bottom you can test out. I have a stinger stump bucket with grapple that would be very similar to the frostbite 42. The stinger bucket is, so far, bullet proof even on a SVL95 or Bobcat T650 skid. Their tractor grapple looks interesting but I dont have any first hand knowledge with it.

/ Grapple ideas and how are these companies? #30  
I have a Homestead - I love it. An issue with hydraulic hooks matching upon arrival - they handled it quickly and the problem was solved. Get a good one. I bought some lessor implements with fewer moving parts are requirements for technical build than a grapple and have been disappointed. I wouldn't want to deal with any of that with a grapple. BTW the EA is highly rated too.