Grapple Recommendations

/ Grapple Recommendations #11  
My Land Pride grapple is 60" wide. Just very near the same width as the front tires on the M6040. I don't have much brush to fool with so 60" is more than adequate. When dealing with big rocks and tree trunks - width is of little concern. My grapple is constructed of AR400 steel - if that makes any difference. I know I DO NOT like the powder coat paint used on the grapple. It flakes off the tine tips pretty easy. I spray the tips with rattle can and it keeps any rust at bay.

/ Grapple Recommendations #13  
I can snap a picture when I get home of mine.

It is about 72" and has 2 cylinders and 2 grippers. Bought it new at an auction probably over 10 years ago. It is not the heaviest, but have not bent it yet. Think it cost me about $1300. Was setup for skidsteer and has skiidsteer hydraulic connectors.

CT

/ Grapple Recommendations #14  
   / Grapple Recommendations #15  
I went cheap and got an MTL 60" when they were $1000 two or three years ago. No regrets, but all I do is light work. Moving felled trees.limbs and brush. Most of its use is processing firewood logs. We burn about 6 cords a year.

It was less than half the price of a "good" one. If I was younger (now 71) or was planning a lot of HD work, I might go for a premium unit but for a hobby user like me what I have does the job.

/ Grapple Recommendations #16  
I am looking for a grapple for my Kioti RX7320, which is rated for 3300lbs lift at the pins to full height. I am primarily looking to move logs that tree services drop off, but would also like to do it for some mild clearing, occasional concrete chunk pickup, larger rock piles, etc. I am relatively "easy" on my equipment so I don't need the absolute strongest stuff, but I would like to not have to worry about it with my usage. I am cost sensitive as this will be an infrequently used attachment. I am picking them up now with forks on both the Kioti and 1025R and it's a pain in the butt when they are not all lined up in the same direction... a grapple will be a huge improvement.

I'm considering the following:

I know EA would be the suggestion of many, but I do not see any lighter duty 84" grapples... just the one for up to 125HP.

The rock one would be great as it allows the ability to sift rocks - I miss my rock bucket from my smaller tractor - but the tines also look fairly thin and it seems like they'd be able to be damaged sifting through rocks which defeats the purpose. I am not interested in rock bucket/grapple combos that have raised sides, as it would make it a lot worse to pick up bundles of logs. Anything else I should consider? Any other suggestions? I realize others have bad experiences with Titan. I have purchased several sets of forks over the years as well as other attachments and have had an overall good experience. That, the fact it's in stock, looks fairly heavy duty (though only regular A36), and my credit card company will take care of my if they screw up makes me lean towards the Titan.

You dont need a 7 ft wide grapple. 5 or 6 feet should be fine and will save weight. A skid steer version seems appropriate, make sure pivot points have grease Zerks.

/ Grapple Recommendations #17  
I also bought a MTL X-Series Extreme grapple 72" I think it weighs about 900 pounds and in my opinion is very heavy built, I have only used it a few times on my skid steer but I picked up some big stuff and didn't baby it, I think I gave about $2300.00 for it.
20220310_182802.jpg
20220310_182802.jpg

/ Grapple Recommendations #18  
Second on the WR Long. I have the 72" OBG-1 which stays on the WM75.

/ Grapple Recommendations
I also bought a MTL X-Series Extreme grapple 72" I think it weighs about 900 pounds and in my opinion is very heavy built, I have only used it a few times on my skid steer but I picked up some big stuff and didn't baby it, I think I gave about $2300.00 for it.

I think I might try an MTL. It actually looks like fairly good construction for the money. Reading the reviews of MTL, it definitely looks like it may be an interesting order process though.

/ Grapple Recommendations
You dont need a 7 ft wide grapple. 5 or 6 feet should be fine and will save weight. A skid steer version seems appropriate, make sure pivot points have grease Zerks.

This is a really good point. I was planning the grapple purchase like I would a bucket or rear blade - to cover the tires - but I don't need that in a grapple. I'm going to go with a 72". This saves some weight and also probably helps resale as a 72" would be more common.