Grapple Recommendations

/ Grapple Recommendations #21  
Yep, sometimes a narrow grapple is better.
This one is 44 inches wide:
P5060032.JPG

But will grapple wide things:
P3060007.JPG
P6230003.JPG

/ Grapple Recommendations #22  
I think I might try an MTL. It actually looks like fairly good construction for the money. Reading the reviews of MTL, it definitely looks like it may be an interesting order process though.
I felt like it was the best bang for the buck and grease fittings at every pivot point, I also read about the owner on google reviews and I did call a couple of times that no one answered but when I did get him I quizzed him up with lot's of question's and called him several times before I ordered and I don't know if I just got lucky or what but he was easy as pie for me to get along with, so I ordered the grapple and a brush cutter for my skid steer and so far have been pleased with both.

/ Grapple Recommendations
I felt like it was the best bang for the buck and grease fittings at every pivot point, I also read about the owner on google reviews and I did call a couple of times that no one answered but when I did get him I quizzed him up with lot's of question's and called him several times before I ordered and I don't know if I just got lucky or what but he was easy as pie for me to get along with, so I ordered the grapple and a brush cutter for my skid steer and so far have been pleased with both.

I ordered the MTL a few hours ago. The 72" is supposedly in stock, I'm afraid what I'll be told when I call though lol. It does look to have pretty decent construction and the price cannot be beat. Looks heavy duty, as you said the pins look like all greaseable with fittings etc. I'll update the thread here as the order progresses - if it does!

/ Grapple Recommendations #24  
I ordered the MTL a few hours ago. The 72" is supposedly in stock, I'm afraid what I'll be told when I call though lol. It does look to have pretty decent construction and the price cannot be beat. Looks heavy duty, as you said the pins look like all greaseable with fittings etc. I'll update the thread here as the order progresses - if it does!
I believe you will be impressed with how well built it is, the 72" is the one I ordered also, mine doesn't have one pivot point without a grease zerk, keep us updated.

/ Grapple Recommendations #25  
I tried to cheap out for my 1025R and bought Westendorf Brush Crusher.

Don't do it. Go ahead and pay for the 3rd function. Brush is all I've found that it's any good for and then only if you stack it straight as you're cutting it. Even then it's still hard to unload on the pile.

/ Grapple Recommendations #26  
660 pound Wicked 66(click the link) is absolutely ideal for the RX.
The link will show you ROUGH testing with our 141hp Kubota. It is amazingly strong and promotes your tractor's ability like nothing else ever made.
Travis

/ Grapple Recommendations #27  
660 pound Wicked 66(click the link) is absolutely ideal for the RX.
The link will show you ROUGH testing with our 141hp Kubota. It is amazingly strong and promotes your tractor's ability like nothing else ever made.
Travis

I do not doubt the grapple's strength.

The video showcasing the grapple is nauseating. Who publishes a promotional video using a +$100k farm tractor as a poorly used bulldozer. Thought this was Whistlin Diesel at first.

CT

/ Grapple Recommendations #28  
I have a 48" light duty grapple, and yes I have bent it many times. And a 84" HD grapple that is a Bobcat brand that was a double lid that I cut down to 58" and widened the top lid to 40" and removed the second lid. It still weighs around 900 lbs but that is not a issue for me. I find that the narrower single lid is way faster and more productive than the double ever was. I also changed the top lid so it would open more. Some of the larger stumps wer hard to grab at 36" so I think I ended up at 44" or so. Best thing I did for useability. So I agree with Xfaxman 100% CJ

/ Grapple Recommendations #29  
The best grapple Made in the U.S.A.: Wicked Root Rake Grapple

https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...der-Root-Grapples-Root-Rake-Grapples-s/64.htm

Free shipping

Attachments

• ETA-60-WRRG-2.jpg
    ETA-60-WRRG-2.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 53
  • ETA-60-WRRG-13.jpg
    ETA-60-WRRG-13.jpg
    522.9 KB · Views: 48
  • ETA-60-WRRG-6.png
    ETA-60-WRRG-6.png
    1 MB · Views: 49
  • ETA-60-WRRG-7.jpg
    ETA-60-WRRG-7.jpg
    538.7 KB · Views: 43
  • GrappleTines300.jpg
    GrappleTines300.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 47
   / Grapple Recommendations #30  
I've got this one. I picked it up at the factory about 10 miles from my house. If you want to drive down to northern Indiana, you could avoid a shipping charge.