Happiness is:

/ Happiness is: #82  
I always thought it was interesting my brother right out of college in the 70s decided to travel the world...50 countries.
He met a holy man in Tibet and asked what is the secret to a happy life. His reply was "The secret is to help someone. If you can't help at least don't hurt them".

I looked up Christian passages about happiness and to paraphrase:
God is the true source of happiness, strength, hope, and wisdom. Those who are in His favor will always have these things.

God will always be present in your life and no matter what happens, you should always remember that He is there for you. That thought alone should bring you happiness.

The only source of true happiness is the Lord. All of the things you receive in your life that give you happiness are because you believe in God.

The people who make a few sacrifices will receive life-long happiness and good health.

No matter what you go through in life or what sins you may have committed in the past, if you look towards God and ask for forgiveness, you will always find happiness.

So material things may bring happiness but it doesn't last. Happiness is being thankful for what you have, being contented and grateful. Lots of billionaires I don't believe are really happy.
My father in law was native American and believed in "leave no footprint". Before he passed at 90 he didn't want to have anything so he got to see everything he had go to people who appreciated them.
To me it's always sad seeing/knowing people who's attitude is "if I only have this (car, house, ___________) I'll be happy. But it's fleeting happiness.
I believe it was Johnny Cash's last song "Hurt" , You can have it all...my empire of dirt.

/ Happiness is: #85  
Happiness is coming home, and your dogs can't wait to see and get on the floor with you!👍🏻✌🏻
image.jpeg

/ Happiness is: #87  
Hey, we are allowed to talk religion here? Awesome. Some forums i have been on don't allow religion or politics talk.

/ Happiness is: #88  
Happy is rarely a destination I'd say from observing others. But you might be the exception John White. Great post!
The happiest Ive seen people is when they have a goal in life and just got a little closer to achieving it. For what its worth i try to apply this in my life. Set a noble goal, achieve it, set another goal and collect dividends of happiness along the way.

/ Happiness is: #89  
Happiness is.......having a full sized bathroom. Actually having a toilet at all for some folks but for me, a bathroom i can turn around in without stubbing my something or other.

Just hooked up house to the water yesterday.

Here in NC, to get a conditional occupancy permit you must have....(functioning)

1. Toilet (with passed septic insp.). Right now i'm vented in the attic, that ain't gonna fly!

2. sink

3. Bathtub ( hot water not required)

4. Working kitchen (i told the young inspector, i been divorced 20 years, ain't nobody gonna work in my kitchen). Right now the discussion is.....does a microwave meet that criteria?

5. heat. (AC not a requirement, if i had to pick,
i'd pick AC around here!)

6 20 amp gfi receptacle ....happiness is not a gfi!

Problem with the requirements is....lots of stuff back ordered. Counter tops, 6 weeks. Faucets, 10 weeks so far and on back order #2. Appliances, 12 weeks if i'm lucky.

20% of the prepainted hardi plank was defective so they can't finish, 8 more weeks there.

BUT........a bathroom with room....is happiness.