Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,951  
On the USA made HiLift jack, you can also get it with stamped or cast internal parts as well.

On the oil thing, the owner's manual states not to use motor oil or heavy oil and I'll guess that's because of attracting dirt. I used these jacks a lot over decades and will state that a clean and lightly oiled jack is much better and safer than a jack with no oil and "dry". A dry jack will bind up and when you are struggling to get it to work will kick like a mule and either rapid ratchet release or the handle will start flailing without direction.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,952  
Went in to buy a $10 trailer harness they were out of. Ended up buying the magnetic light set to rob the harness off of.

While I was there I bought a:
Welding apron
Welding gloves
Welding sleeves
Pack if mig tips
A couple of closet lights.
2 small pairs of their pro grade locking pliers
15 ft air hose
Some air hose fittings
And a 50 ft retractable hose reel.

The harness they were out of only cost me about $130

Why didn't I get one of those hose reels 40 years ago.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,953  
Less than Holy. It was made for a movie.
Best Branded Video Ad Campaign - Planet Of The Hoax Video
Planet of the Apes: Can Chimps Really Shoot Guns?

Video of Chimp with AK 47 Firing at Soldiers - Facts - Hoax Or Fact

The footage is not real; the video was actually created to build hype for the concept of the movie è¿*ise of the Planet of the Apes? The movie made into theaters on 5 August 2011 and had the storyline saying monkeys can rebel and use the advanced weapons we humans have developed against us. The video showing Chimp with AK-47 was in fact a part of viral ad campaign for promoting the film.

Bruce

One of the video's has the name Columbia pictures. I'm sure it's fake but it's still funny.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,954  
Went in to buy a $10 trailer harness they were out of. Ended up buying the magnetic light set to rob the harness off of.

While I was there I bought a:
Welding apron
Welding gloves
Welding sleeves
Pack if mig tips
A couple of closet lights.
2 small pairs of their pro grade locking pliers
15 ft air hose
Some air hose fittings
And a 50 ft retractable hose reel.

With those welding supplies, you should have also picked up a welding blanket for $25 with coupon. Great for saving the floor while welding or other surfaces from weld damage.

6 Ft x 8 Ft Fiberglass Welding Blanket

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,955  
The reels are nice. Before the discount versions came out at places like HF the price was just too high so I use spare steel wheels. Often you can go to a junk yard and find one that's a little damaged so it can't be used on a car. They work great for everything from air hoses to electrical cables. Back when I had my tombstone welder that was too heavy to move around I had over 100' of cable for it and chrome wheel mounted to the wall next to it to wrap the cables around when not in use.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,956  
Went in to buy a $10 trailer harness they were out of. <snip>

I went with a list of about 8 items w/ coupons and still spent about $20 on stuff which didn't have coupons, plus $130 on "coupon stuff".
I had TRIED to buy the flap discs for $1 on line, but the coupon was refused, so I bought 10 in the store.

And as to the Farmer jacks versus Hi-Lift.
First of all - from the top down -
Not all the jacks have the clamping bar on top.
Then there are differences in the reverser bar:

Some have a significant catch area, almost a U shape, for the pin:
jack-reverser.JPG
The official new Hi-Lift part is not the same, with the handle side of the reverser bar a gradual slope
hi-lift-latch.JPG

I wonder if grinding down the reverser handle bar side would make it easier to use?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,957  
Well FUDGE! The hose reel I bought had been sold and returned. It was packed back nice enough but they had rounded off the wrench hex on the hose and returned it with a coupler that was leaking. I called myself leak testing it before I mounted it to the ceiling but somehow over looked that. I thought it was strange that it came with a coupler installed. Now to man handle this thing back down and return it. Pisses me off they said they had a dozen in stock when I called today but this was the only one on the shelf when I was at the store. I suspect it would have been more obvious this was re-taped if it were next to a new one. I think I'll write DAMAGED HOSE on the box before I return it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,958  
I liked that $99 roller tool box thing so much, I ran back today and grabbed a second one for my other set of garages, and I grabbed that cheap 105 piece tool set to toss in it and also the side shelf again. Don't forget, I got my 7th free 25' tape measure! Since I tend to misplace them constantly, I've been sticking one up at every visit so that I can have one every 10 feet in the garages, one in the door of my truck, one in the house for who knows what... For the price (free), you got to love those tapes!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,959  
I liked that $99 roller tool box thing so much, I ran back today and grabbed a second one for my other set of garages, and I grabbed that cheap 105 piece tool set to toss in it and also the side shelf again. Don't forget, I got my 7th free 25' tape measure! Since I tend to misplace them constantly, I've been sticking one up at every visit so that I can have one every 10 feet in the garages, one in the door of my truck, one in the house for who knows what... For the price (free), you got to love those tapes!
Those and the lights. I'm always looking for a darn flashlight it seems.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#8,960  
I recently counted and I have 17 of those free magnetic strips. I took a short piece of 1x2 and screwed the magnetic strip to it, then drilled a bunch of 1/2" holes through it. It snaps right to the side of my HF compressor and holds chucks and blow guns.IMG_6342.JPG

Last edited: