Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,921  
Same here after moving to the boondocks. "Town" depending on what you are looking for is about equidistant in both directions, give or take about 22 miles. I find myself headed to the one that just opened one of those "Crack Palaces" a few months ago more often than not. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Around here they call it "going over the Mountain" it being Blue Mountain and Carlisle or Mechanicsburg the destination. Both about 15 miles/25 min.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,922  
I just purchased their Engine Code reader. The check-engine light came on in the Mazda, and while I was picking up the ZTM from repair the light came on in the Jeep just as I was pulling into HF. I skipped the cheapo $35 and splurged for the $55 one. Worked OK. Jeep needs O2 sensor(s) and the Mazda has an issue with the cam position sensor.

I have two of their $10 angle grinders. One with a wire wheel cup and one with a cutoff disc, leaving my better Craftsman one for various duties.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,923  
If you do buy one post what you think about it.
Well I'm in the market for a 4x24 belt sander to do my pool deck.
I had a Craftsman 4x? which I did 3 floors (~400 sq ft total) back about 1986 and a ton of odd jobs since.
Someone let the smoke out :(
So I was looking at reviews and it seems Makita 9403 is what I need. But the Bauer might be a runner up at <1/2 the price.
I liked the Craftsman, I taped about 6 lbs of diving belt weights on the top then could just let it run out along the floor and drag it back. That was when I was more limber.
So @erikjohn67 (or anyone else that has one) do you think this will last well?
Well I decided the Makita 9404 was what I really wanted. One of the things that changed my mind was the flat top.
It will be easier to fasten my Father's diving belt weights on top like I did in 1986.
Also it's variable speed (compared to the 9403). For some reason Amazon had it for $250, most other places wanted about $300. Now to test it out.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,924  
I use this at least a couple of times a week. It's a mechanics pad but I also use it as a knee pad in the house and out in the yard. Unless I am constantly moving, this is the best I have found as knee pad straps get uncomfortable after a while. I can also get about a 6' reach left to right if I am weeding in the garden. No, it won't last forever but had it for about 2 years and I throw it in the RV after I use it to connect the tow vehicle. It is handy when chocking the tires or checking the hydraulic stabilizers.

1653330777078.png

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,926  
Did you see my thread on knee pads? They were 3 pair for $6.25, now they are over $34 for 3 pair.
No, but I have had a few pairs and have a good set now. No matter the brand, those darn straps start to irritate me after a couple of hours. If someone prefers them then they should stick with them. I thought I would share how versatile this pad is for much of what I do without the back straps.

Thanks for the link, I will check them out.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,927  
No, but I have had a few pairs and have a good set now. No matter the brand, those darn straps start to irritate me after a couple of hours. If someone prefers them then they should stick with them. I thought I would share how versatile this pad is for much of what I do without the back straps.

Thanks for the link, I will check them out.
I have a pair that I tried using a few times many years ago. Haven't used them in nearly 15 years but too much of a pack rat to throw them away.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,928  
I have a pair that I tried using a few times many years ago. Haven't used them in nearly 15 years but too much of a pack rat to throw them away.
I have a decent pair from HF, the foam is great but they continue to slip until to strap them down and cut off the blood circulation. :confused:

They have since come out with another pair that are more of a brace that holds them in place. Feedback is very high with some mentioning it takes the pressure off your ankles and makes it easier to get up. They aren't expensive. I would like to buy a pair but my wife would shoot me.
Speaking of... kneepads are like holsters, every pair is better but none are perfect.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,929  
I purchased a 80v Atlas leaf blower, 80v Atlas weed eater, 40v Atlas pole saw, and the Atlas 40v hedge trimmer... all powered by a 80v/40v dual voltage battery.

Love them. As powerful as my gas stuff was, without all the maintenance.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,930  
I purchased a 80v Atlas leaf blower, 80v Atlas weed eater, 40v Atlas pole saw, and the Atlas 40v hedge trimmer... all powered by a 80v/40v dual voltage battery.

Love them. As powerful as my gas stuff was, without all the maintenance.
I bought into the Lynnx brand that was prior to Atlas. They no longer sell batteries or anything related. Let's hope your Atlas doesn't get rendered obsolete as well. I'm going to move to all Ego with the 54V Arc Lithium batteries.