Grapple Heavy Grapple on Kubota L47?

/ Heavy Grapple on Kubota L47? #11  
make your own - mine is ~750 lbs - AR400 steel and 3" cylinders

/ Heavy Grapple on Kubota L47? #12  
IMO, guess it Kinda depends on what your primary use is and if one is thinking bigger is better.
Busting concrete fairly regular, The Beak is a beast. Moving logs, etc, the Homestead grapple works really well. Either one is well under the 1000 lb mark.

Faver, dual lid, extra heavy duty brush

/ Heavy Grapple on Kubota L47? #13  
I think if your trying to bust concrete up alot I would be looking more for a construction or demolition grapple.

/ Heavy Grapple on Kubota L47? #14  
I think if your trying to bust concrete up alot I would be looking more for a construction or demolition grapple.
Yep, like the beak

/ Heavy Grapple on Kubota L47? #15  
Use a skidsteer 72” grapple on the M59. 30 years old been on several tractors and skidsteers and think it weighs 850#.

A wicked 60-66” would be nice on a machine your size. You don’t want a wide grapple. Two lids is most helpful. Use 54” wicked on the B26 and it is a pleasure to use. Improve your grill guard before grapple use.

/ Heavy Grapple on Kubota L47? #16  
I think the answer to your question depends on what you actually plan to do with the grapple. Construction grade equipment is certainly more durable but do you really need it?

I asked myself the same question when grapple shopping for my MX5800. The LA1065 FEL will lift around 2000# in the bucket and I didn't want to sacrifice lifting ability with a heavy grapple. I move a lot of tree trunks & rocks so lift ability is key. Still, I didn't want to bust up a light duty grapple by overworking it.

I ultimately bought a 500# Blue Diamond to minimize loss of lift capacity.

Light Duty Root Grapple Attachment | Blue Diamond

IMG_000135b.jpg
IMG_000128b.jpg

Although it's rated as "light duty", I've used the heck out of it with no damage so far.

/ Heavy Grapple on Kubota L47? #17  
Just over 400 pounds, and you'll be amazed... Wicked 60
Travis

MXs.jpg

/ Heavy Grapple on Kubota L47? #18  
IMO if you have a small tractor, only capable of lifting 800 lbs,the EA unit would be well worthwhile. The grapple weight becomes less important if the tractor can lift 3,000+ lbs. I have a few EA attachments and think they are excellent quality and design. If a EA unit is affordable to you I would really consider getting one. My grapple weighs about 400 lbs more, is well made, but not as nice as a EA and most likely cost much less to build.
Bottom line, my grapple on my L47 does everything I want it to for $1,800. Sometimes I don't need the best.

/ Heavy Grapple on Kubota L47? #19  
I had a L4701 - I had the Land Pride SGC 1072 Grapple - 6' wide. I also have that grapple on my other MX5400. Great grapple!!! I have used it for 8 years for countless activities on 3 ranches. There really is nothing it cannot do. Don't reinvent the wheel - get Land pride SGC1072 and call it a day!! You'll probably need my tool for those hydraulic connections! Make your life way easier!
IMG_3766.jpeg

/ Heavy Grapple on Kubota L47? #20  
As has been mentioned, depends on what you will be moving around. Keep in mind any distance you think you'll have to move with the particular loads in mind and traveling over uneven ground and or turning starts to add lots of stress to the machine hauling lots of weight off the front.

I have an EA Wicked 66" grapple (single lid) and I have been able to do a lot of work with it: you can look through my pictures to see. Very heavy stumps (I've calc'd close to 2k lb logs that I've moved using my grapple- maxed loader [rated at 2,700 lbs lift) as well as a lot of loose brush. Stuff ends up weighing a lot more than you think: and then there's the issue of leverage, of that weight being levered out which reduces actual lifting.

Really hefty stuff that you don't face very often can be queued up and dealt with via the rental of something more industrial. Tractors are pretty fragile compared to industrial equipment.