Help adding affordable top/tilt functions to 2002 Kubota MX5000

/ Help adding affordable top/tilt functions to 2002 Kubota MX5000 #1  

Rock Crawler

Veteran Member
Tractor
2021 Kubota L3560 HSTC, 2011 Craftsman Excellerator GT (680hrs), 2018 Husqvarna TS354XD, 2017 Husqvarna HU800AWD, 2019 Kawasaki Mule Pro DX (Yanmar)
My buddy has this near new tractor and is pondering adding a top and tilt to help with box and rear blade work. I know that some of you dudes have come up with more affordable methods of gathering the needed parts and pieces to get this type of job done.

Kubota does still have kits that would get him from the work station levers to the top and tilt rear hydraulic blocks, but that comes at a Kubota level price.

So can anyone share with me some of the collective wisdom in ways to skin this cat without hitting up a couple local banks to finance the project?

/ Help adding affordable top/tilt functions to 2002 Kubota MX5000 #2  
There's some very nice home brews that are here, I'm not good with the search feature and wish I had a link for you. Now that I'm thinking about it what I'm thinking of may be a 3rd function project. Sorry for the totally useless post, but there are some talented guys here.👍

/ Help adding affordable top/tilt functions to 2002 Kubota MX5000
Like you, I know I have seen folks within the confines of this group that have come up with less expensive yet very workable solutions to this kind of upgrade. I just can not recall how it was sourced. I think there was a company that was mentioned in recent years (by members on here) that could put together a solution for you at a very fair price. That is pretty much what I am asking for, point me in the direction of the people to call. I may try to call "Good Works Tractors" from YouTube, I believe that he may have mentioned in one of his videos that he can put things like this together.

/ Help adding affordable top/tilt functions to 2002 Kubota MX5000 #4  
Let it "soak" for a while, they'll be along. 👍

/ Help adding affordable top/tilt functions to 2002 Kubota MX5000 #5  
If he has no hydraulic outlets on the back, he will have to get them from Kubota.

If he has no hydraulic outlets on the back, he will have to get them from Kubota.
He does not. He has the 2WD tractor (I believe 50 or 60 HP) and the Kubota Loader on it. It is a ROPS tractor as well, no cab.

/ Help adding affordable top/tilt functions to 2002 Kubota MX5000 #7  
I often wonder why people buy tractors with no remotes. neither here nor there but he'll have to get at least one set from a Kubota dealer.

/ Help adding affordable top/tilt functions to 2002 Kubota MX5000 #8  
I often wonder why people buy tractors with no remotes. neither here nor there but he'll have to get at least one set from a Kubota dealer.
I have never really needed to operate anything requiring remotes; my blade and tillage equipment adjust manually very well and I don’t really have a need for grapples. My loader is about my only need for hydraulics. I can see rear remotes for top and tilt in the future maybe, but no reason for a third function on the loader (for my purposes).

He originally bought it brand new as a lawnmower to drag the families big old Woods mower around the pastures no longer being farmed. Some time later he added the loader to it. Just recently, he added a box blade and a rear grader blade for doing work on his property where he is taking fill dirt to his property along the front road where there was a long rain culvert, a couple years ago he had an excavator in to bury a culvert pipe and control the run off from swamping the lower area, now he wants to get rid of the remaining culvert ditch that is around 30 feet wide by 300 yards long. So he is getting into the box blade and rear blade thing for the first time in 20 years of owning the machine, and he made the grave mistake of coming over to my place and seeing my new L3560 with hydraulic top and tilt.... it's game on!

/ Help adding affordable top/tilt functions to 2002 Kubota MX5000 #10  
The remotes can be just a simple valve stack mounted on the fender so the levers are within reach. He'd only need to fabricate a mount for the valves and one for the quick connects, and run some hoses.

Top cylinders are easy to find. Tilt not so much- there's only a few and how they fit on tractors varies more. So there might be some fab work there too.