Help me choose another tractor.

/ Help me choose another tractor. #21  
No worries. I'd always offer to help anyone I can

Have lost track of the number of tbn members that have been taken advantage of. Just didn't want to see one in my neighborhood. :)

/ Help me choose another tractor.
Well, I'm going up on Thursday. The New Holland is about an hour and a half away. I'm pretty set on buying it as long as it's not totally beat. The seller sounds like a real nice guy, but I just need to vent about Craigslist people for one second: we talked yesterday and made the tentative plan for Thursday. He said he'd text me by the end of the night with a final confirmation. Didn't text me. Called twice this evening. No answer either time, voicemail is full. Called again from wife's phone. No answer, then a call right back saying "I just missed a call from this number..." Yeah, you did, but why didn't you call back when the guy that you know is trying to buy your tractor called you??? He's had it posted for 2 months, no wonder he's still got it.

Okay, venting over. Hopefully my picture matching Richard's will be up Friday!

/ Help me choose another tractor. #23  
Danger! Danger! Would definitely get my antenna up.

Danger! Danger! Would definitely get my antenna up.

Yeah, I thought of that too, but I don't get the scam. It's a super small town, very rural and he's listed in the white pages online there. Wife's name too (she identified herself in the voicemail greeting and she answered my call last night). Actually, because you got me to double think it, I just entered his last name and the workplace his wife told me. He's listed with a photograph and everything. It's a school district. I have a pretty good feeling about the guy.

/ Help me choose another tractor. #25  
It doesn't have to be a scam to be dishonest. Im probably just overly suspicious.

It doesn't have to be a scam to be dishonest. Im probably just overly suspicious.

Yes, you're right. And I thank you for getting me to double check who I'm dealing with.

/ Help me choose another tractor. #27  
2. I talked to the seller of the New Holland tc29 on the phone. Seems like a good deal and an honest guy. The tractor belongs to his brother and is in a storage facility in Iowa. Once I pay him through PayPal, the tractor will be shipped directly to me. Shipping is included in the purchase price.[/QUOTE]

WHOA. This sure sounds like a classic Craig's List scam. "Hey partner, you just send me the money and this little honey will be there tomorrow." What tractor?
Of course he seems like an honest guy, would you be sending him several thousand dollars if he sounded like a sleazebag? If you really think this is on the up and up, do it a little differently. Offer to hand the driver the payment for goods received. When you tell the seller that's how you want to do it, watch the pressure ratchet up. Bet he sent you some real nice pictures of "his brother's" tractor.

/ Help me choose another tractor. #28  
2. I talked to the seller of the New Holland tc29 on the phone. Seems like a good deal and an honest guy. The tractor belongs to his brother and is in a storage facility in Iowa. Once I pay him through PayPal, the tractor will be shipped directly to me. Shipping is included in the purchase price.

WHOA. This sure sounds like a classic Craig's List scam. "Hey partner, you just send me the money and this little honey will be there tomorrow." What tractor?
Of course he seems like an honest guy, would you be sending him several thousand dollars if he sounded like a sleazebag? If you really think this is on the up and up, do it a little differently. Offer to hand the driver the payment for goods received. When you tell the seller that's how you want to do it, watch the pressure ratchet up. Bet he sent you some real nice pictures of "his brother's" tractor.[/QUOTE]

If you had read the thread more carefully you would have noted the OP was kidding about that.

/ Help me choose another tractor. #29  
2. I talked to the seller of the New Holland tc29 on the phone. Seems like a good deal and an honest guy. The tractor belongs to his brother and is in a storage facility in Iowa. Once I pay him through PayPal, the tractor will be shipped directly to me. Shipping is included in the purchase price.

Of course he seems like an honest guy, would you be sending him several thousand dollars if he sounded like a sleazebag? If you really think this is on the up and up, do it a little differently. Offer to hand the driver the payment for goods received. When you tell the seller that's how you want to do it, watch the pressure ratchet up. Bet he sent you some real nice pictures of "his brother's" tractor.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it. I went for it too. Even offered to go take a look for him in the next state to me. Motownbrowne was just trying to keep thread traffic up.

/ Help me choose another tractor. #30  
He sure did that!! Very nice of you to offer to take a look-see.