Help with tractor upgrade.

/ Help with tractor upgrade. #1  

kenacp

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Dere 770
Currently and for the last 12years, I have been maintaining my 70 ac.(mix of fields and woods) with my second hand JD 770,4wheel drive and FEL. I do my food plots with a 5'disc and a 4'tiller, maintain my garden, and fence work with PHD. Have a 3pt seeder, bottom plow and hiller. Once in a while use the boxblade. Bush hogging is done with a 4 footer(I know), about 20ac. Use the 5' finish mower around the house. I have really enjoyed my "seat time".
I have been looking to upgrade to something around 35-40hp and a 6' bush hog. Used tractors around me seem few and far between and go for high dollar. Are the older (5-10yrs) that much better than the new ones? What would you get/stay away from??? I don't mind purchasing new as long as it's as reliable as the 770. Gears are fine with me.
My son just purchased a 32ac property and could use the 770. So, time to do something.
Thanks, Kenny

/ Help with tractor upgrade. #2  
The Shibaura built New Hollands were excellent (pre-2009), and pre-emissions John Deere and Kubotas would also be solid.

/ Help with tractor upgrade. #3  
The Shibaura built New Hollands were excellent (pre-2009), and pre-emissions John Deere and Kubotas would also be solid.

My 1989 Shibaura built Ford/New Holland model 1920 is an absolutely wonderful little (32HP) simple machine.

/ Help with tractor upgrade. #4  
Also, my 1998 JD 4300 is 32hp and has been solid as a rock.

/ Help with tractor upgrade. #5  
Ditto on the NH TC series:thumbsup: My choice would be a TC 45d or a TC55da . 45 if you want hydro . 55 if you want power shuttle.:drink:

/ Help with tractor upgrade. #6  
Kubota L series offer some great model also comfortable seats now