Hesitant about the brand

/ Hesitant about the brand #11  
I too would go with what you know. You getting what you paid for your machine is nice but in 5 years a new one probably costs 50% more.

/ Hesitant about the brand
I’m kinda surprised of how many people are telling me to stick with what I know and go Deere or Kubota. I really am open to alternative brands. For example I bought a Takeuchi skid steer because it out performs the offerings from Deere, Cat, and Kubota. Maybe Tak is more well known than say Kioti but they certainly aren’t Cat or Deere.

I fully get the resale issues have a lot to do with emissions. Tractors without DPF/DEF are bringing more than brand new ones if they are reasonably low hours and decent condition. There is inflation to factor in. New tractors cost more and more each year.

I think part of my hesitation is from a Branson I bought new in 2004. I had a big life change and sold my acreage and moved to town in 2007 and sold it. I don’t remember the exact details as it was a long time ago but I do remember it taking a long time to sell and I got about half what I paid for it.

/ Hesitant about the brand #13  
Until the emissions junk gets sorted out, ALL brands are suspect.

Why I only own pre 4 units. Nothing to get 'sorted out'.

/ Hesitant about the brand #14  
I was recently offered more for my 2009 Kubota M6040 than I paid, brand new. I was asked if I wanted to trade it in for a brand new 2021 M6060.

I was polite in my reply ..........

Hypothetical: If you were in the market for a good used tractor of a certain size, and an LS/RK/Kioti/TYM/whatever (Korean) was available for less than a Deere/Kubota, and had similar (or better) specs, what would you be tempted to lay your money on?

Its not a hypothetical that is pretty much exactly the situation right now. Personally I am not a brand snob I have equipment of all kinds of brands and don’t really care if it serves it purpose.

These are just made up numbers but let’s say the Deere was 50k but in five years it would likely be worth 45k at trade time. Now the Kioti could be bought for 40k but in five years at trade time it only would bring 25k. Is it worth saving the 10k in up front cost if you are going to lose 15k vs 5k at trade time?

/ Hesitant about the brand #16  
Bought my 2004 M9 HDCC3 new and paid 52. It's loaded with every option and no emissions junk at all. 3 years ago I bought another M9 but an open station used, from a JD dealer about 600 miles from here. Being a green dealer they didn't have a clue what they had and just wanted it off the lot (green and orange don't mix well) so I got it for a song. It's a 2002 M9 with 3K hours on it. The JD dealer delivered it directly to my Kubota dealer and I had them go through it, stem to stern, everything. Cost me 4 grand but I wanted everything to be up to snuff. My dealer offered me 5 grand more than I paid for it. I also refused.

The pre 4 larger units will only keep appreciating in value as people come to the realization that Post 4 units are ALL having emissions related issues. I loom at them as am appreciating investment. The only issue is, if you lunch a motor, Kubota will sell you a new one, but the old one must be destroyed as in drill a hole through the block, or beat it into oblivion with a sledge hammer. No rebuilding whatsoever.

Not an issue with me. The pre 4 large Kubota engines last well in the excess 10K hours with proper maintenance.

ABC8344A-6F92-4531-AD95-CC32182BCB80.jpeg

For example I am looking at this tractor. No emissions and 26 more HP than the RX7320 for virtually the same price.

/ Hesitant about the brand #18  
It's not that things increase in value--It's that money looses value. As time goes by, it takes more of it to buy less. There seems to be an increasing market for used tractors for just that reason. Then there's the technical wall built around newer tractors. It's worse than automobiles now.

It's not that things increase in value--It's that money looses value. As time goes by, it takes more of it to buy less. There seems to be an increasing market for used tractors for just that reason. Then there's the technical wall built around newer tractors. It's worse than automobiles now.
I fully agree with that but along those lines certain items seem to maintain their value much more so than others. new tractors cost more and more every year as does pretty much anything. The government can’t print all these trillions without that as a side effect. Still it seems certain brands or whatever preserve their value much better than others.

I feel like I am rambling here but I am somewhat unsure if I am buying the right size tractor and really won’t know for sure until I get it and try it out. I am trying to be cautious in the purchase as they are not cheap and I want to be able to get out of the tractor without too much pain if I get it and it isn’t what I need.

/ Hesitant about the brand #20  
The more I read, the more I think you should stick with John Deere or maybe Kubota.
There is risk involved in buying a So. Korean made tractor, and they definitely have their pluses and minuses. I kind of think you would be happier with a sure bet.

I have both a JD, and an LS, both tier 3, both have been trouble free since I’ve owned them, they are both proven performers in the field.