Hesitant about the brand

/ Hesitant about the brand #31  
I did not purchase my 2012 kioti tractor with the notion of trading it in every 5-8 years I will keep for years to come.If you are looking at trading tractors like cars every few years then buy Kubota or JD.I own Kioti,JD and Kubota products and can say my Kioti is JUST AS DEPENDABLE as JD & kubota for less $$ spent.How is this for example I recently purchased a 2021 Kubota RTV 1100c for $26,500 bucks a comparable John Deere 865R gator was $37,000>did not take me long to figure it out purchased the Kubota.The decision is yours.

Last edited:
   / Hesitant about the brand #32  
The quality of the kioti rests with your local dealer. If they're assembled properly and your dealer is reliable and courteous then you should consider it. I've had terrible experiences with kioti and know others in my area with the same. They are a step lower in build quality to the main players but better than an ls or Branson.
Parts prices are just as high if not higher.
I wouldn't buy one for serious farming.

/ Hesitant about the brand #33  
The quality of the kioti rests with your local dealer. If they're assembled properly and your dealer is reliable and courteous then you should consider it. I've had terrible experiences with kioti and know others in my area with the same. They are a step lower in build quality to the main players but better than an ls or Branson.
Now that is funny.POST YOUR FACTS.

Last edited:
   / Hesitant about the brand #34  
I am a serious farmer and I use a 2019 Kioti DK4210SE CAB within my operations.

Somehow I was emailed this thread topic. I've read multiple posts of this thread, but no where near the now 4 pages. Below is my input to this topic.

Daedong opened a Kioti plant in Wendell NC, basically Wilson, NC. I'm very glad they did. I am Tuscarora, originally from Wilson County, and I can tell you the area needed the jobs at the plant and all of the supporting businesses. I bought Kioti for the amount of tractor and features I got for the money, plus Daedong has a very good rep. I am happy with my purchase. I purchased from a dealer in another state for about $5,000 less than what my nearest dealer said was the bottom price. Don't be afraid to travel, if you can and if the price is worth the drive. I have done my due diligence and believe if I don't run the hours up too bad and keep it sheltered, that it will indeed sell for higher than my purchase price.

However, I would hope, for the sake of the NC plant, that Kioti would secret shop their dealers and weed out the ones below the bar. Twice I took my tractor to my nearest dealer and the owner was dishonest and underhanded. They do not know that I know. I just don't go there and I order from a dealer 60 miles past my nearest dealer. My nearest dealership is the type of place that I would imagine Kioti would not want to be associated. I hope, for the future value of my tractor, that Kioti demand better dealers.

If anyone from Kioti reads these threads about Kioti: "PARKER'S" in Wilson is a great business. The one here in Wisconsin is NOT!!

/ Hesitant about the brand #35  
Have you owned an LS, or a Branson? My LS has been flawless... I know people that have Kubota and JD (neighbors)... I can work circles around them... out lift, out dig their bigger machines...

I also know people that have LS tractors and have some issues... along with the Kub, and JD owners.

When I was shopping, I was at a JD dealership and he was bragging about how busy his service dept was..... I asked him why there was so many broken down tractors... he stuttered and couldn't answer...

I would bet my LS metal hood and fenders will be around longer than the JD plastic ones....

I would buy a Kioti in a heartbeat.... good quality machines. They can compete easily with JD and Kubota. Especially for the price!

Last edited:
   / Hesitant about the brand
No such thing as a sure bet. If you like the kioti try running on the lot. Maybe it fits you. I own 3 off brand tractors 2 of them for 15 yrs no issues at all. I believe kapper outdoors has that same Kioti and has lots of you tube videos running it.

I watch Kapper’s videos and enjoy them but his opinions on tractors are suspect to me. Whatever he happens to have at the moment is the best thing around. When he had his 6010 he was all hyping up Kioti. Then he got the Branson and was talking about how much better Branson was. Now he is back to Kioti and his story is how much better it is than the Branson. I don’t think he is a bad guy or that he is getting kickbacks from these manufacturers or anything I think it is just human nature to talk up whatever it is that you own. If you read virtually any advice thread on the internet they are filled with people talking about what they have and how good it is.

/ Hesitant about the brand #37  
My opinion is, they are all good until you need a dealer's service (not that they all need that at some time because they don't), but then you'll soon find out how good (or bad) the dealer is. That applies to all brands. In fact that applies to everything mechanical.

/ Hesitant about the brand #38  
The Kioti dealer I went to was assembling tractors, I didn't buy from him because his quote was way off Bobcat for the same tractor. I learned from my Bobcat dealer that they don't assemble at the dealerships, they are delivered from Bobcat completely ready for delivery to customer. Perhaps a quality control measure, also maybe a way to save cost which allowed them to quote same tractor cheaper.

EDIT: I just looked at the first post again and see Op is looking for 73hp so Bobcat isn't an option as they top out at 58hp for now. This is still valid advice for others if they are worried about quality of specific dealerships assembling Kiotis.

Last edited:
   / Hesitant about the brand #39  
When I was shopping, I was at a JD dealership and he was bragging about how busy his service dept was..... I asked him why there was so many broken down tractors... he stuttered and couldn't answer...
That's hilarious, pretty poor salesman to fall into that trap. What a dumb thing to brag about.

Have you owned an LS, or a Branson? My LS has been flawless... I know people that have Kubota and JD (neighbors)... I can work circles around them... out lift, out dig their bigger machines...
A co-worker is looking at a Kubota MX5400, he has 10acre of hay on his residential property in south Texas that he pays someone else to harvest at the moment. He is looking to run as big equipment as possible on the back, I pointed out that the Equivalent sized Bobcat had a 3pt hitch that lifts 50% more weight and includes a rear remote and draft control as standard. I also can't help but think a white roof on a tractor cab in south Texas is a good idea!

/ Hesitant about the brand
Well looks like I am a Kioti owner. Found a deal on a used 7320 power shuttle cab I couldn’t pass up. 200 hour machine that still had the plastic on the seats. Guy never used the loader just did some shredding with it. Got it for 12k less than a new one. At that price I couldn’t pass it up and I think I will come out ok if down the road I decide to sell.