High Pressure Surface Cleaner

/ High Pressure Surface Cleaner #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
This seems to be the best place to put my question. Moderators can move it if need be.

We seem to be needing a high pressure surface cleaner to clean patios and concrete pads here and at our daughter's homes. My washer is a 2200 psi with 1.5 gpm. So a 12-15" is all it could handle.

Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks for your time.

RSKY

/ High Pressure Surface Cleaner #2  
How bad is it?
Last summer I cleaned the front porch which had about 10 years of built up algae. I bought a Troy-Bilt gas 3100 psi/ 2.7GPM. I have a SunJoe electric but it wasn't up to doing more than a pencil thickness. The 3100 PSI let me blast off a patch 6 to 8 inches wide. You may need more pressure or a lot of soaking time.

/ High Pressure Surface Cleaner #3  
I will be interested to see where this goes !

I was thinking of getting a Pressure Washer from a local store, i.e. Lowes, Home Depot, Ace, etc !

/ High Pressure Surface Cleaner #5  
That one is purpose built and doesn't allow for use in other areas, works on patios, driveways, etc. ... but where does it go from there !
A standard Pressure Washer can do the deck, the porch, where ever you can fit it but it MIGHT take a little longer, and this is all based on "Just how well either type works"!

/ High Pressure Surface Cleaner #6  
That one is purpose built and doesn't allow for use in other areas, works on patios, driveways, etc. ... but where does it go from there !
A standard Pressure Washer can do the deck, the porch, where ever you can fit it but it MIGHT take a little longer, and this is all based on "Just how well either type works"!

Ummm,,, you attach it to your pressure washer....

/ High Pressure Surface Cleaner #7  
Ummm,,, you attach it to your pressure washer....

I have a similar attachment for my 3400 psi pressure washer. It's great on concrete patios, consistent cleaning, and I don't get soaked like when using the normal tips. The only disadvantage is that it doesn't get in corners or against walls. Even after going over the places it doesn't get I'm done in half the time!

/ High Pressure Surface Cleaner #8  
   / High Pressure Surface Cleaner #9  
I've got one of these Karcher cleaners matched to my gas powered washer. It does a fantastic job, and I even use it to clean the outdoor rugs that get horribly dirty over the winter mud season. Think it was around $40 on Amazon.