Hog skat?

/ Hog skat? #1  

Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
Sorry folks. I searched hog and got lost etc. it痴 me, sorry because I know there has been discussion lately.

I知 not a hunter butI know the term skat. Dog and I walk the same trail every morning. This morning I was greeted with quite a pile of skat?

I知 deep in the woods, surrounded by woods so no stray dogs, not yet. 2 of my buddies think it痴 wild hog?

I guess they are everywhere but I致e never seen one. My 22 bolt action might not do the job.

I have a graphic picture of subject skat but was hesitant to post.

Should I post the picture? I know there are experts out there.

/ Hog skat? #2  
Sorry folks. I searched hog and got lost etc. it痴 me, sorry because I know there has been discussion lately.

I知 not a hunter butI know the term skat. Dog and I walk the same trail every morning. This morning I was greeted with quite a pile of skat?

I知 deep in the woods, surrounded by woods so no stray dogs, not yet. 2 of my buddies think it痴 wild hog?

I guess they are everywhere but I致e never seen one. My 22 bolt action might not do the job.

I have a graphic picture of subject skat but was hesitant to post.

Should I post the picture? I know there are experts out there.

Lots of folks on here are experts in bull and horse.....

/ Hog skat? #3  
Hey! We're ALL experts. You don't believe us? Just ask us - we'll be quick to tell you that we are :laughing:

/ Hog skat? #4  
Post the picts. Where are you located? Probably a threat of wild hogs ?

/ Hog skat? #5  
And if it is a wild hog, I wouldn’t want to piss it off with a .22 LR

/ Hog skat? #6  
Hog skat looks way different than deer pellets and it's usually larger caliber than coyote skat (which often has hair remnants). That said, you indicated that you are not a hunter. I would not at all recommend a .22 rimfire bullet for a hog of any size other than a baby hog (head shot). If you are merely walking this trail, there is about 0.00000000001% chance this hog will ever be an issue for you. They don't have great eyesight, but they do have a great sense of smell. It's unlikely you would ever get close enough to have an encounter with said hog and it will run away well before you're close enough to probably even see it.

/ Hog skat? #7  
I do hunt but never so far looking for wild hogs. My handiest rifle uses 22WMR ammo which is rimfire but I think the magnum would probably do in a hog (way more so than a 22LR which, as others said, would just aggravate him.) If I were out seeking hogs I'd use my 243.

/ Hog skat? #8  
Hogs can be very hard to kill!

Body shots just make them mad.
Head shots can and do ricochet off.

Be sure you have a big enough gun and you can get off the ground.
Just speaking from experience.

The best way to learn is...
you choose.....Books, experience, your mistakes, or the mistakes of others.

/ Hog skat?
Post the picts. Where are you located? Probably a threat of wild hogs ?

Thx for the comments re hogs. As I said,I致e never seen one in person.

Here is the skat. I called my dog over, he sniffed, no big deal.

Usually he pisses on anything of interest

! 038A9162-AEF7-4883-9B52-7316AC3E8DF4.jpeg

I知 in central NC. Rural for sure but not too far from 田ivilization?

/ Hog skat? #10  
Frankenkubota looks like my X mother in law been out in your neck of the woods again eating tamales .

Looks like hog skat to me also .