Hole Digger Solution

/ Hole Digger Solution #1  

Rhombus

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1140
I bought a 60 acre farm recently and I really don't plan on doing any traditional row farming so I was thinking a Ventrac might be a good solution for me. I am just about ready to pull the trigger but I need to dig fence holes for the estate and holes for an orchard that I am going to put in. If I cant find a ventrac solution I'm going to punt and just get a traditional tractor, probably a Kubota Grand L60 and be in debt for the rest of my life. So do any of you have a Ventrac based hole digger workaround? From my research it seems that at one time Ventrac had a post hole digger attachment but not anymore.

Thanks much!

/ Hole Digger Solution #2  
I’m sure a fabricator could make one.

You have a power source and a hydraulic source

/ Hole Digger Solution #3  
I don't see place on 60 acres for a Ventrac I think a cut may suit your needs better it will mow and with the proper attachment do everything you need to do. FEL and a Backhoe would even be better. After you get your head above water in a while get a big zero turn to mow with...... jim

/ Hole Digger Solution #4  
If you have no plans to farm, you might take a look at a CTL (skid steer) and see what you think. They are the swiss army knife of machines.

/ Hole Digger Solution #5  
If you have no plans to farm, you might take a look at a CTL (skid steer) and see what you think. They are the swiss army knife of machines.

I don't see many trying to mow with one, after a couple times if you get a mower you wouldn't have any grass to cut..... jim

/ Hole Digger Solution #6  
I don't see many trying to mow with one, after a couple times if you get a mower you wouldn't have any grass to cut..... jim

Probably not great as a finish mowing platform, but for brush control and reclaiming ground they are awesome.

/ Hole Digger Solution
Do you think its just too big for a ventrac? I have about 8 acres of lake and muddy shorelines that I doubt a big tractor can navigate so I was also attracted to the ventrac's low pressure wheels. Please forgive my ignorance, but what is FEL?

/ Hole Digger Solution

I hear you. I'm starting to think that no matter what i am going to have to have two machines. Thanks!

/ Hole Digger Solution #9  
Do you think its just too big for a ventrac? I have about 8 acres of lake and muddy shorelines that I doubt a big tractor can navigate so I was also attracted to the ventrac's low pressure wheels. Please forgive my ignorance, but what is FEL?

FEL = front end loader

/ Hole Digger Solution #10  
How many acres are you fencing, and is it hilly, stony ground? Are you planning typical 4-5' wire fence with steel or wood posts, or a 5 rail board fence?

In either case a small older 15-25 HP tractor with a Post Hole Digger for $8-10K and maybe a 4-5' brush cutter would be a good start. then get a larger L series or similar for the rest of the work - and yes you need two tractors, and you came to the right place to let us spend your $.