Homemade fence unroller

/ Homemade fence unroller #21  
I just use a length of 2" pipe with a "X" of scrap steel welded to the bottom that supports the roll of wire. I stick the 2" pipe through the roll then attach it with a chain swivel and suspend it from the FEL bucket. Next time I'm near it I'll take a photo and post it.

/ Homemade fence unroller #23  
i onlky use mine as a transporter, unroller. believe me the ones with built in tensioner dont last. i read the reviews on them before making my own. i welded up a simple tensioner and use it with a chain on tractor bucket. fence 2.jpg fence3.jpg fence 1.jpg

/ Homemade fence unroller #24  
I use a separate unroller and stretcher too. It'd be too hard to get the tractor into some of the tight corners to tension it.

I use the 48" puller that's sold by Kencove. 48" fence puller

/ Homemade fence unroller #25  
IMG_0926.JPG

Adjustable friction brake. Can unhitch and have a handle I can pull on the ground for tight spots.

/ Homemade fence unroller
That looks pretty good for barbed wire, but how will it work for 60" horse fence?

/ Homemade fence unroller #27  
That looks pretty good for barbed wire, but how will it work for 60" horse fence?

It will not. Have installed lots of woven wire without an unroller and thought a design for a 3pt and ssqa attachment. Have some 3” well drilling pipe with tapered threaded ends I thought would be nice for the pole thru the wire roll. Have some steel pallets with thoughts welding the pipe female socket to. Have an idea to make a combination man basket and wire fence unroller pallet. Have use for both.

/ Homemade fence unroller #28  
////// HEADS UP ! \\\\\\

Didn't want to start a thread just for this but been doin some research on the DEWALT DCFS950P2 20V vs Freeman PFS9 Pneumatic 9-Gauge fence staplers . It appears depending on which product you purchase you must buy the U post nails for the Dewalt or vise versa . Even though they look simalar online or are the correct length . I came across this by reviews of people owning the Dewalt and ordering Freeman nails .....................................

Freeman PFS9 Pneumatic 9-Gauge 2" Fencing Stapler with Case - - Amazon.com

DEWALT DCFS95P2 2V MAX XR 9 GA Cordless Fencing Stapler Kit - - Amazon.com

/ Homemade fence unroller
////// HEADS UP ! \\\\\\

Didn't want to start a thread just for this but been doin some research on the DEWALT DCFS950P2 20V vs Freeman PFS9 Pneumatic 9-Gauge fence staplers . It appears depending on which product you purchase you must buy the U post nails for the Dewalt or vise versa . Even though they look simalar online or are the correct length . I came across this by reviews of people owning the Dewalt and ordering Freeman nails .....................................

Freeman PFS9 Pneumatic 9-Gauge 2" Fencing Stapler with Case - - Amazon.com

DEWALT DCFS95P2 2V MAX XR 9 GA Cordless Fencing Stapler Kit - - Amazon.com

We ended up getting the Freeman.... works great! I can't believe how powerful it is, drives 1 1/2" staples flush to the wood! Good to know that the staples aren't interchangeable. Thanks for that info!

The fence unroller also worked great, a real time and back saver! We needed to put a piece of 2" pvc pipe about 4" tall at the base of the upright post. The fence would unroll about Half way, then snag on the bolt at the bottom. The pvc stopped it from happening. The next 4 rolls unrolled perfectly.